Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

For all my Europe travelers.

I got some good info from @frankl1001 a page back in regards to London (thanks for the info). Being this would be the wife and I's first trip to Europe, what other countries/cities would you recommend as a great first destination (5/6 days)? We are in our early 30s and the partying days are pretty much dead, unless we are traveling with friends.

High on our list:
-Food
-Sightseeing/historic monuments/tours and architecture
-I guess shopping

Also this is a last minute trip so we would be traveling in February.

The wife threw out London, Spain (best city?), Italy (best city?)

Thanks!!

Last edited:

I got some good info from @frankl1001 a page back in regards to London (thanks for the info). Being this would be the wife and I's first trip to Europe, what other countries/cities would you recommend as a great first destination (5/6 days)? We are in our early 30s and the partying days are pretty much dead, unless we are traveling with friends.

High on our list:
-Food
-I guess shopping

Thanks!!
Was in europe last year. I made a stop to Rome, Florence and Venice. My fav was Rome and Florence. Venice was cool but felt like a tourist trap lol.

Rome had the best pasta I have ever tasted at cacio de pepe. It is like 20-30 min away from all the tourist spots its actually in a neighborhood but well worth it! Anthony Bourdain actually went there but he never revealed the name but it was outed on reddit. And I love art/architecture so all the sights in rome were perfect.

Florence had the best pizza I have ever had! If you go eat at gusta pizza, they just have one oven and its busy but worth the wait. They also had an amazing sandwhich shop behind the Duomo, I believe it was called Panini Toscani. The whole experience of that spot was genius. They only let 3-4 ppl in at a time (its a small shop) the guy who owns it lets you taste test 4 different cheeses that are made from that area and 3 different meats. Then you get to choose out of those what you want your sandwhich to be, then you add toppings. Florence was beautiful to see but it was exhausting luckily its a small city so you can easily go back to the room to get a power nap in. But walking up the Duomo, going to Piazzale Michelangelo, Forte di Belvedere it takes a lot out of you. but again its all worth it!

heading to spain next month for the first time! my trip is centered around hitting up some La Liga games (landing in Madrid, heading back home out of Barcelona). Any input around trying to grab La Liga/Champions League round-of-16 tickets is appreciated. Trying to get Madrid derby tickets right now online looks a bit pricey, so i'm hoping more tickets get released closer to match day.

Careful on the Metro in Madrid. The pickpockets are pretty clever.

I didn’t feel that way at Venice. There was little to no pressure to eat or buy there but gondola rides are definitely a tourist trap cause of the absurd price. But the city is so god damn unique though. I loved it there and you only need a couple of days max to check out everything.

High on our list:
-Food
-I guess shopping

Thanks!!

Don't go to Italy with your wife without taking her to the Amalfi Coast. Book an AirB&B in Positano, and hit the beaches early in the morning. It's probably the most beautiful area in Europe and one of the best destinations in the world IMO. However, all you need there is a day/day and a half. A bit complicated to get to since you have to fly to Naples and hire a car to take you there, but it's worth it

Best city in Spain is Barcelona IMO; it's my favorite place to visit in Europe. Best weather, :pimp: nightlife, lots of beautiful architecture for you to check out as well. Sevilla is cool too. Madrid is nice but just like any other European capital.

London is a city I'd definitely live in (probably THE city I would live in if I had to move to Europe, just because of how diverse it is) but tourism wise it's pretty bland to me, just because of the cultural similarity and lack of good tourist sights. Definitely check it out but don't make it the main point of your trip

Last edited:

High on our list:
-Food
-I guess shopping

Thanks!!

Went on a six city trip last year to Oslo, Rome, Berlin, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Stockholm.

Barcelona is a must and I'd recommend checking out Copenhagen. Pretty unique city.

Prepping for Athens, Greece. Anyone been?

Yeah. It’s dope. We stayed in Plaka. I’d go back.

Sunion/Temple of Posiden area south of Athens is amazing for a night too. Def worth it for a hour bus ride from Athens. Sunset is wild. Grad the hotel right there and hit the beach too.

2018 was a great year travel wise for the wife and I...here are some pics from Colombia...

Guatape, Colombia
95A6EF37-2096-46AE-9282-F2CC7E7A6263.jpeg

Medellin, Colombia

E810CF0B-69E2-4864-BD7D-F0258279820D.jpeg
AAC475A3-9D19-4F6D-AC55-8008A0602B20.jpeg

Cartagena, Colombia
3A99AEC6-01A0-4B79-92EF-62FA61464A7D.jpeg
CA761C83-E2DE-408E-BDFA-0A30CFA3A84B.jpeg

Last edited:
Bet. I'll be out there for 6 months. Potentially looking at it as an expat destination. Been doing some research and there was a lot of people saying the economy was down the toilet. I haven't been able to tell if that'll be to benefit and things would be cheaper or more expensive.

Hit up crosstown donuts if you like them.

Def hit up camden street market really really packed on the weekend. Lots of food and people.

High on our list:
-Food
-I guess shopping

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom