Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Got quite a few flights booked this year though SouthWest. I rebooked them all for the same flight and got $180 in credit. been checking daily for any decrease and claiming the credits. If anyone has flights coming up give it shot.
Is the credit instant? And are you dealing with this over the phone?

Whats the trick? Cancel your flight, get credit, then rebook?

Naw dont cancel. Just click on your existing reservation and click “change flight “ then pick the same flight u already had. If the flight is cheaper now theyll auto adjust and give u back the difference in credit. I took the $180 credit I got back and got two flights to Chicago minutes later. Ive been doing this way before da Rona but Ive never had price adjustments this great. Usually like $5-$10 but this go round some of em were $30-$40 ranges. Most airlines do this anyway, SouthWest just makes it super easy cuz you can do it in the app and its instant.

Last edited:
Naw dont cancel. Just click on your existing reservation and click “change flight “ then pick the same flight u already had. If the flight is cheaper now theyll auto adjust and give u back the difference in credit. I took the $180 credit I got back and got two flights to Chicago minutes later. Ive been doing this way before da Rona but Ive never had price adjustments this great. Usually like $5-$10 but this go round some of em were $30-$40 ranges. Most airlines do this anyway, SouthWest just makes it super easy cuz you can do it in the app and its instant.

How do you keep track of price drops... just check every so often?

I have almost $300 in credit for southwest from a flight that I canceled on last year. Its going to expire in June, but I def am not getting on any plane this year. Has anyone had any experience where they purchased a flight with credit then canceled that flight to get the credit back? I reached out to southwest and they are not extending my credit, I told them im not traveling due to corona. They aren't willing to help. trying not to lose out on $300

I’m leaving for Costa Rica on Thursday with my family, A little worried, but not enough to cancel.

Shout out to my guy Grine226 for giving me advice on Papagayo peninsula in Costa Rica. I stayed at the Andaz, and used one of my suite upgrades. The View was incredible, it was an amazing trip.

unfortunately the trip came to an odd ending. My parents live in Central America, so they flew down and linked up wIth my wife, son, & I.

On our last night in Costa Rica, El Salvador closed their borders, which meant my parents couldn’t fly back home. So they ended up flying back to Seattle with us, and have been here since March 14th.

Once this is all over I’m excited to plan my next trip.

Last edited:
My Costa Rica trip was canceled the day before due to their travel ban. Was uneasy traveling anyway during the pandemic.

Well my incentive trip to Grand Cayman got cancelled... but they are giving my 3k (post tax) and 40 hours of PTO so I guess I am planning my own vacation, probably in September since that's when prices seem to be the lowest before our vacation black out period. I also have like 100k flyer miles so that will come in handy too.

Thinking about Japan or Hawaii, but I'm still open to other places or even a cruise, but I know I need to figure it out soon while prices are low...

1588254387907.jpeg

Anyone had any trips booked with Air Canada or Norwegian recently?

two separate trips both cancelled a while ago...still haven't received any refund or credit. Keep getting told they're backed up...going on 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom