Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Want to hit up Hawaii for the first time with the girl for our honeymoon in June. Any recommendations? Is it better to book now / deals happening? Figure everything would be okay by then
Wait, werent you just in the Stimmy thread complaining $75k a year is poverty level income, unless one "lives like an immigrant" >D

People have to do a better job distinguishing WANTS from NEEDS. San Fran to Hawaii back to San Fran is a 5k mile trip, meaning your airfare is gonna run atleast 1500 bux. Is that really worth for maybe 2-3 days? Then accommodations...you gonna stay at a Hotel thats atleast $300 a night. Your gonna get a couples massage and breakfast in bed roomservice cause society tells you thats what you need. Your also gonna buy a bottle of champagne to use as an aphrodisiac along with a bouquet of flowers. So all in all Airfare + Honeymoon is gonna run you 3000 minimun.

So essentially your spending 2-3 weeks of earnings to "live it up" for 2-3 days max...

Wait, werent you just in the Stimmy thread complaining $75k a year is poverty level income, unless one "lives like an immigrant" >D

People have to do a better job distinguishing WANTS from NEEDS. San Fran to Hawaii back to San Fran is a 5k mile trip, meaning your airfare is gonna run atleast 1500 bux. Is that really worth for maybe 2-3 days? Then accommodations...you gonna stay at a Hotel thats atleast $300 a night. Your gonna get a couples massage and breakfast in bed roomservice cause society tells you thats what you need. Your also gonna buy a bottle of champagne to use as an aphrodisiac along with a bouquet of flowers. So all in all Airfare + Honeymoon is gonna run you 3000 minimun.

So essentially your spending 2-3 weeks of earnings to "live it up" for 2-3 days max...

I get that and appreciate you looking out for my wallet. I’ve worked nonstop for the past 6 years and haven’t taken more than 2 consecutive days off much less an entire week off. We also lived with a roommate for 3 of those years and lived in a studio for a year. We are living like boogie immigrants. A honeymoon to Hawaii hurts but it’s a celebration not a splurge vacation. Haven’t had one of those in a long time. And i also didn’t say i make 75k...i make a lot lot lot more than that now after sacrificing all these years to get to where i’m at. We even moved on up in the world and are renting a 1 bedroom now.

Here's my *** thinking 75K a year was good 😌 lol

if you live in a SouthWest hub, that’s a great deal.

It’s almost been a year since I’ve taken an international trip. Way too long. I’m starting to get that Itch. If I lived alone I would definitely take advantage of these prices.

Last edited:
I've only been to Maui, but it was dope. Depends on what you are wanting to do. Maui pretty chill, doesn't have a huge city like Honolulu (Oahu). Kauai more remote, Jurassic Park. Big Island has the active volcanoes

Where can I travel within the continental US in March, that has beach access / weather... but not including FL?

Really depends what else you want to do. CA is starting to lift COVID restrictions, but I doubt most of SoCal will be open and accessible next month. FL is honestly your best bet, IMO.

Trying to figure if I should go out the country for spring break but have to figure out how I will go about entering back in the US

I may hop on that southwest deal..Looking to open another CC.Anyone in here have a SW card? Like Other than the points/companion pass, what other incentives are offered?

Back
Top Bottom