Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

For this potential work trip to Turkey next month... it looks like I'm actually somewhat limited on which countries I can travel to from there based on vax status, boosters, etc.

How easy / difficult is it to setup PCR testing in another country?

Italy requires that you are within 9 months of vaccination/booster + fill out a form for entry.

Croatia requires proof of vax and booked accommodations, plus a PCR test upon arrival that you must quarantine until results are in. Masks still in effect indoors. Not worth it IMO.

Greece, regardless of vaccination status must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival. Visitors will need to present a vaccination card in order to enter public areas, masks are still worn indoors and outdoors.

Spain requires proof of booster, setup health app for QR code, still has masks / limited indoor capacity.

For this potential work trip to Turkey next month... it looks like I'm actually somewhat limited on which countries I can travel to from there based on vax status, boosters, etc.

How easy / difficult is it to setup PCR testing in another country?

Italy requires that you are within 9 months of vaccination/booster + fill out a form for entry.

Croatia requires proof of vax and booked accommodations, plus a PCR test upon arrival that you must quarantine until results are in. Masks still in effect indoors. Not worth it IMO.

Greece, regardless of vaccination status must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival. Visitors will need to present a vaccination card in order to enter public areas, masks are still worn indoors and outdoors.

Spain requires proof of booster, setup health app for QR code, still has masks / limited indoor capacity.

You can just go to a local pharmacist or local drug store. They’re going to give you the best price and can provide you with the quickest results.

They have PCR testing in the airport - which will cost you a little more.

Also, you can ask your hotel. This will be the most expensive but most convenient way.

You shouldn’t have this problem in Turkey, Greece, Italy.

Last edited:
My guy! It’ll be the 28th to the 3rd. :smokin

Heading to Madrid for a day, Marrakech for 3 days, then Madrid for one more day and flying back home that day as well.

Bet! I may fly out on the 30th there - I’ll let you know as the date gets closer.

3 days is pretty short. All the cities in Morocco are far so stick to Marrakech. Check out the souks/markets. Lots of interesting things to see, buy and eat if you’re adventurous. Don’t take pics unless you ask first though. Medina at night is entertaining and lively. watchout for the guys with monkeys that might try to pickpocket you. Venture out for a camel ride and dinner in the dessert. If I can find my itinerary from a couple years ago I’ll share it.

Thanks man I’d appreciate that itinerary if you can find it.

Have heard of the souks so that’ll be on the list for sure. Good advice with the monkeys and pick pocketing.

Interested in the camel rides. How long do they typically last?

Thanks man I’d appreciate that itinerary if you can find it.

Have heard of the souks so that’ll be on the list for sure. Good advice with the monkeys and pick pocketing.

Interested in the camel rides. How long do they typically last?
The one we went to was dope. The ride was probably about 30 mins or so but the scenery was amazing. Then we had dinner in the dessert. Definitely memorable. When my wife and I went we did it up. We did 4 cities in 8 days and had a driver/guide with us the whole time

That sounds incredible man. Glad you and the misses enjoyed it. Definitely plan on making it out for the camel ride.

My neighbor works for an airline and is hooking me up with the trip. Still can’t believe how much all the flights cost me in total. :lol:

The one we went to was dope. The ride was probably about 30 mins or so but the scenery was amazing. Then we had dinner in the dessert. Definitely memorable. When my wife and I went we did it up. We did 4 cities in 8 days and had a driver/guide with us the whole time

Send the info on the driver and guide if you can!

How far in advance do y’all plan your vacations?

Follow up: How many vacations do y’all take in a year?

How far in advance do y’all plan your vacations?

Follow up: How many vacations do y’all take in a year?
depends on the destination
we usually plan 4-6 weeks in advance

we normally plan our big vacations around our birthdays, but covid kind of messed things up

now we kind of monitor flight prices and just decide to go
did this with hawaii and mexico city

My friend just moved to Madrid, might try to make it out there late this summer
Would love to catch a game at the new Bernabeu

Drove to Wilmington, NC yesterday and made a pit stop in Richmond...

14F7D99B-E0B0-4356-A058-D636CABE635A.jpeg

B4C201DC-AC39-4A8F-B10E-3AF4CC6C0793.jpeg

D9FD6AA9-78E1-44B0-B3ED-F094A3B53CD4.jpeg

Doing a SMALL road trip for Spring BReak. Richmond/Charlotte.

Which neighborhoods are worth staying in while in "RVA"

Back
Top Bottom