Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Visiting Los Angeles in June for the first time. Would y’all say renting a car there is a must or is driving around there more of an inconvenience?

What y’all think about Oregon? Eugene has the NCAA track and field championship in June.

I’ve lived here for the last 20 years or so. Beautiful place, not much to do. Track championships are gonna be OFF THE HOOK though. This the running capital of the world. If you end up visiting, message me and I’ll hook you up with a list of just do activities and attractions.

Visiting Los Angeles in June for the first time. Would y’all say renting a car there is a must or is driving around there more of an inconvenience?
Unless you plan on only staying in one area/neighborhood, or want to spend a ton of money on Ubers, you should rent a car. Just need to prepare for a ton of traffic.

Rent the car, LA is huge and not everything is in one area

Also don’t leave anything in the rental car or you’ll be saying goodbye to your belongings and be prepared for sitting in traffic

Unless you plan on only staying in one area/neighborhood, or want to spend a ton of money on Ubers, you should rent a car. Just need to prepare for a ton of traffic.
rent a car,
nothing over a v6
gas could be $8 a gallon by june

Going to Honolulu in the beginning of May, amy suggestions?

So far I only have Waikiki aquarium, Zoo, beach, and some restaurants to visit. I was thinking of looking for a nice local park with a view to visit and some other recreational activities.

Last edited:
Going to Honolulu in the beginning of May, Amy suggestions?
So far I only have Waikiki aquarium, Zoo, beach, and some restaurants to visit. I was thinking of looking for a nice local park with a view to visit and some other recreational activities.
waikiki beach is aight for 1 day , but def venture out and head up to the north shore (way better beaches in my opinion).
i shark dived out of haleiwa, but the sessionss get booked way far in advance...i wanted to do the jurassic park jeep excursion but it was already booked up

Might have to cancel this Guatemala trip on Thursday- supposed to rain the entire time there. 🤦‍♂️
I was in Costa Rica the first week of March. Rain almost everyday that week on the forecast. Rained once. At night. Lol.

I was in Costa Rica the first week of March. Rain almost everyday that week on the forecast. Rained once. At night. Lol.

I thought about that - that happened to me before. Weather in the Caribbean and Central America is tricky. Rain for like 30 mins in the whole day but forecast showing rain.

I am still monitoring it. I don’t have anything concrete. May still get on the plane and go. Just was going to wing the trip when I land anyhow. :lol:

waikiki beach is aight for 1 day , but def venture out and head up to the north shore (way better beaches in my opinion).
i shark dived out of haleiwa, but the sessionss get booked way far in advance...i wanted to do the jurassic park jeep excursion but it was already booked up
Nice, I actually did a Great White Shark cage dive a while back so I'd want to see if I could chill with a more friendlier animal like a dolphin or maybe whale watching. The jurassic Park Jeep Excursion seems promising.

Doing a SMALL road trip for Spring BReak. Richmond/Charlotte.

Which neighborhoods are worth staying in while in "RVA"
Stop at midnight diner in charlotte. The grits so fire. Cousins Cuisine another spot worth checking.

Where y’all recommend staying at in Hawaii?

Going to Honolulu in the beginning of May, amy suggestions?

Kailua/Lanikai beaches are the move. Parking can be rough at Lanikai though. North shore is dope too but the water's rougher depending on what you want to do at the beach. Otherwise, shopping on Kalakaua and Ala Moana is good, Hanauma Bay (pay to get in though) and Sharks cove are good snorkeling spots, the crater hikes are good, watching surfing at the pipeline or Waimea Bay, Kualoa Ranch (jurassic park), and there's quite a few good zip lining places to go.

Kailua/Lanikai beaches are the move. Parking can be rough at Lanikai though. North shore is dope too but the water's rougher depending on what you want to do at the beach. Otherwise, shopping on Kalakaua and Ala Moana is good, Hanauma Bay (pay to get in though) and Sharks cove are good snorkeling spots, the crater hikes are good, watching surfing at the pipeline or Waimea Bay, Kualoa Ranch (jurassic park), and there's quite a few good zip lining places to go.
Kailua/Lanikai gets mentioned alot in youtube vehicles, is it one of those situations whete I would have go there in the morning to find a good parking spot? Also, I did see Hanauma Bay on a few videos alongside the crater hikes. Is there anywhere around there where there like Pismo Beach where I can rent some offroad vehicles?

Last edited:
Kailua/Lanikai gets mentioned alot in youtube vehicles, is it one of those situations whete I would have go there in the morning to find a good parking spot? Also, I did see Hanauma Bay on a few videos alongside the crater hikes. Is there anywhere around there where there like Pismo Beach where I can rent some offroad vehicles?
Lanikai is worse for parking as it's all parking in residential areas. Both require some amount of luck though. Getting there early is better but it's not impossible to find parking. Just have to be patient.

I don't know if any places that rent off-road vehicles except the Kualoa ranch one but that's more of a tour. There might be some around but a lot of Hawaii is protected reserve so I imagine it's quite limited. There are also some of the more remote places that are sacred land and some of the locals will literally jump you. If you're off a regular path/road and there are signs in Hawaiian, just turn back. I haven't been jumped but I have friends that have been. I also wandered too far once and didn't see one of the signs and a guy with a really big machete came at me.

I’ve lived here for the last 20 years or so. Beautiful place, not much to do. Track championships are gonna be OFF THE HOOK though. This the running capital of the world. If you end up visiting, message me and I’ll hook you up with a list of just do activities and attractions.

jayz-handshake.gif

I think I am gonna book it. I will hit you up. Appreciate the look out.

Back
Top Bottom