Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Heading to Toronto for a long weekend. Any recommendations?

Looking for restaurants, bars, and some kid friendly attractions (toddler).

True. That's why I like to give a mix of fast and cheap and more formal. Depends on OPs plans and what they're looking for.

Yep - just made a reservation for Scratch in April so didn’t add that

I’m personally not big on Canlis

The rest I co-sign

You left the city right?

Yep - just made a reservation for Scratch in April so didn’t add that

I’m personally not big on Canlis

The rest I co-sign

You left the city right?

Technically yeah but still close. We sold and bought out in Bellevue. The food here is buns but we're quickly approaching school age in our house and schools out here are hard to beat without going private.

And I kind of agree on Canlis. Foods pretty good but service, location, and atmosphere are always very good. Always feels like an occasion when I eat there. I will say we've been going to Bateau more and more for special occasions.

I'm curious what you think about Scratch. It was good for sure but I couldn't shake the feeling I was at one of those overpriced sushi spots that are all over Vegas or Malibu.

Technically yeah but still close. We sold and bought out in Bellevue. The food here is buns but we're quickly approaching school age in our house and schools out here are hard to beat without going private.

And I kind of agree on Canlis. Foods pretty good but service, location, and atmosphere are always very good. Always feels like an occasion when I eat there. I will say we've been going to Bateau more and more for special occasions.

I'm curious what you think about Scratch. It was good for sure but I couldn't shake the feeling I was at one of those overpriced sushi spots that are all over Vegas or Malibu.

Have you been to LTD or Suzuki? Excellent and highly recommend!

I’m sure it’s a Nobu-ish experience - we just had our first child so been waiting to do it together

If we stay in Seattle long term we will end up your way - I’m unfortunately hardly in town but loving it so far.

Planning on a solo trip this summer out of the country. I'm heavily leaning toward Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka)

Anyone have any recommendations on hotels/restaurants?

Planning on a solo trip this summer out of the country. I'm heavily leaning toward Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka)

Be prepared for the humidity in the summer. Looking back on my trip there, I wouldn’t do it again in the summer time and this is coming from someone who grew up in hot *** Texas.

people die in Tokyo during the summer due to the heat. I would highly advise against it.

ive been to tokyo and kyoto multiple times. I always go in the spring or fall and I suggest you do the same.

but if youre set on going, I usually always get an Airbnb. If its your first time, stay in either Shibuya or Shinjuku.

2 restaurants that I really liked last time I went off the top of my head:

3110nz by LDH Kitchen (sushi inside an art gallery. Head chef was formally the head chef at 2 michelin Sushi Saito in HK.)

sobahouse konjiki hototogisu (very popular ramen and requires a long wait even if you come early.)

Last edited:
Be prepared for the humidity in the summer. Looking back on my trip there, I wouldn’t do it again in the summer time and this is coming from someone who grew up in hot *** Texas.
people die in Tokyo during the summer due to the heat. I would highly advise against it.

ive been to tokyo and kyoto multiple times. I always go in the spring or fall and I suggest you do the same.

but if youre set on going, I usually always get an Airbnb. If its your first time, stay in either Shibuya or Shinjuku.

2 restaurants that I really liked last time I went off the top of my head:

3110nz by LDH Kitchen (sushi inside an art gallery. Head chef was formally the head chef at 2 michelin Sushi Saito in HK.)

sobahouse konjiki hototogisu (very popular ramen and requires a long wait even if you come early.)
Thanks for the input. I heard about the heat, I'm from LA.
But summer would be the only time im able to do a long trip outside the country. What would yall recommend instead? I'm 33 and will be solo. I've been to France and Italy. Not really looking for heavy party spots but want to go out and experiencing some nightlife.

Thanks for the input. I heard about the heat, I'm from LA.
But summer would be the only time im able to do a long trip outside the country. What would yall recommend instead? I'm 33 and will be solo. I've been to France and Italy. Not really looking for heavy party spots but want to go out and experiencing some nightlife.

Greece

I'm hitting Japan in January 2025, to snowboard in Hokkaido. Long way out but one of my ski buddies blew his knee out and won't be ready by January 2024

I want to hit Denmark maybe this coming fall but not sure if it's enough time to plan. Maybe make it a multi trip stop to include Switzerland and somewhere else like Prague or Croatia.

Probably hit Greece in 2024 when my buddy and his wife (who has family in Crete) go back.

My passport came in today, way earlier than I expected. 10 days after I called to get it expedited and 4 weeks after I applied

Now I gotta start actually planning this trip :lol: any tips on booking hotels and stuff? Gonna be booking my flight and using my points through Chase

My passport came in today, way earlier than I expected. 10 days after I called to get it expedited and 4 weeks after I applied

Now I gotta start actually planning this trip :lol: any tips on booking hotels and stuff? Gonna be booking my flight and using my points through Chase

Didn’t even @ me smh

Been waiting and praying for you B

Back
Top Bottom