Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

I’m excited tho, rough plan is to meet up with my friend and his girl who are gonna be in Italy during the week, hopefully get tickets to the Arsenal/Wolves game that weekend and head to London solo, and then meet up with my boy who moved to Madrid. I don’t think he can meet up until the weekend so I’m trying to figure out how I can fill out a whole week solo if I need to

Tickets for the game go on sale Tuesday. So gonna start planning after that

I’m excited tho, rough plan is to meet up with my friend and his girl who are gonna be in Italy during the week, hopefully get tickets to the Arsenal/Wolves game that weekend and head to London solo, and then meet up with my boy who moved to Madrid. I don’t think he can meet up until the weekend so I’m trying to figure out how I can fill out a whole week solo if I need to

Tickets for the game go on sale Tuesday. So gonna start planning after that
Granada is only a couple hours from Madrid by train. Great town to visit for a couple days.

If you had more time on the front end of London I’d definitely say Lake Como, but sounds like you gotta get outta Italy for the soccer match. If money really isn’t a big deterrent, I’d personally probably just stay in London several more days. But that place gets expensive fast.

Granada is only a couple hours from Madrid by train. Great town to visit for a couple days.

If you had more time on the front end of London I’d definitely say Lake Como, but sounds like you gotta get outta Italy for the soccer match. If money really isn’t a big deterrent, I’d personally probably just stay in London several more days. But that place gets expensive fast.

You liked Granada that much!? My best girl friend lived there for BCG - had a fun weekend but not worth it IMO

You liked Granada that much!? My best girl friend lived there for BCG - had a fun weekend but not worth it IMO
To kill 2 days or so during a free week? Sure. I wouldn’t necessarily make it a destination, but it’s a good time killer place. I’m also a big history geek though, so I probably could have spent an entire day at The Alhambra if we didn’t have a Turkish bathhouse visit on the schedule. And I loved the little Turkish area on the north side of town with all the little spots to get tea.

Sevilla would be high on the list though, but it’s quite a bit out of the way from where he’ll be going.

Still have a good amount of European land to cover, but I’m sure there are plenty of places between London and Madrid for a solo traveler to hit for a few days.

To kill 2 days or so during a free week? Sure. I wouldn’t necessarily make it a destination, but it’s a good time killer place. I’m also a big history geek though, so I probably could have spent an entire day at The Alhambra if we didn’t have a Turkish bathhouse visit on the schedule. And I loved the little Turkish area on the north side of town with all the little spots to get tea.

Sevilla would be high on the list though, but it’s quite a bit out of the way from where he’ll be going.

Still have a good amount of European land to cover, but I’m sure there are plenty of places between London and Madrid for a solo traveler to hit for a few days.

Yeah there’s just far superior places IMO is my point. Like a 90 min flight to Lisbon >>

Yeah there’s just far superior places IMO is my point. Like a 90 min flight to Lisbon >>
That’s totally my bad, had him confused with the other guy who was asking for more laid back options lol. Yea, don’t do Granada solo unless you’re wanting that laid back life for a couple days!

Still working on the Portugal plans for late September/early October, but I’ll connect with you for recs on that a little bit later on.

Never been to San Antonio before but might go next month for a few days with friends to hit up the XFL championship at the Alamodome. Thinking of making it a mini vacation and going for 3-4 days. Tips on places to stay near the stadium, sites and restaurants/bars in town? Likely won't rent a car.

Ugh was looking forward to going to lake Colchuck late April when I’m in Seattle but found out the trail is closed and the lake is frozen until late may

Never been to San Antonio before but might go next month for a few days with friends to hit up the XFL championship at the Alamodome. Thinking of making it a mini vacation and going for 3-4 days. Tips on places to stay near the stadium, sites and restaurants/bars in town? Likely won't rent a car.
If you wanna drop some dough, stay at Hotel Emma in The Pearl. I’d probably recommend just finding somewhere downtown though. The Riverwalk is dirty, but if you’re in town as a tourist there are lots of good spots to hit all within walking distance. Alamodome right across the highway. Even if you don’t stay at Hotel Emma, highly recommend hitting The Pearl area for a dinner. Southerleigh is fantastic.

I used to work down there a lot, I’ll send you some recs when I get back home from vacation and have my other phone with my notes.

If you wanna drop some dough, stay at Hotel Emma in The Pearl. I’d probably recommend just finding somewhere downtown though. The Riverwalk is dirty, but if you’re in town as a tourist there are lots of good spots to hit all within walking distance. Alamodome right across the highway. Even if you don’t stay at Hotel Emma, highly recommend hitting The Pearl area for a dinner. Southerleigh is fantastic.

I used to work down there a lot, I’ll send you some recs when I get back home from vacation and have my other phone with my notes.
Much appreciated!

Ugh was looking forward to going to lake Colchuck late April when I’m in Seattle but found out the trail is closed and the lake is frozen until late may

It's on the other side of the water but I actually like lake crescent better. Far less crowded, waters just as clear, and the path around it is an amazing, chill bike ride.

Man I love the type of nature in the PNW and wanna visit but i always forget I’m a couple hours from Maine which is kinda similar. Haven’t been in years

Man I love the type of nature in the PNW and wanna visit but i always forget I’m a couple hours from Maine which is kinda similar. Haven’t been in years

Man it’s super different - as someone who lived in both - Seattle is so different (I prefer)

Yea I def wanna check out the PNW, Vancouver, big bear. That’s my kinda nature :smokin

Me and the homies be hitting all sorts of hikes here in the PNW. Air quality pristine no matter where you go.
FA1469A9-F1B5-4CAE-BC5E-A776F3E10E58.jpeg

Air quality has been an issue within the PNW in recent years due to fires from Cali and Canada but it has been very clean lately. That said I can't wait to do some great hikes this spring with weather warming up.

My view from this evening for a few more days on Guana Cay. Snuck our way into Bakers Bay and drove around on the golf cart for an hour (whole pretend like you belong thing actually worked). I think we just barely missed Tom Brady being here, but some of those yachts in the harbor were insane. Saw a big ole boy docked that looked like it could be featured on Below Deck.

Taking the friend’s parents’ yacht out tomorrow since we should have better weather the rest of the week/weekend…fingers crossed, weather has been pretty ****ty since we got here yesterday.

Attachments

• 91D97270-1E42-49A4-9227-3902D7DC6B14.jpeg
    91D97270-1E42-49A4-9227-3902D7DC6B14.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 420

Second this..The Canopy(Hilton) is good money. It's on the riverwalk and close to all the stuff downtown. In terms of activities def recommend The Pearl and I second Southerleigh (Top 5 spot in SA to me). If you have wheels or Uber I would check out the Rim up by Six Flags, a lot of food/drink spots in that area (Torchy's, The Rustic, Bowl and Barrel)

Snooze AM eatery (Quarry) for breakfast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nola (Small Brunch Spot north of the Pearl)

Waynes Wings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Two Bros BBQ (Near Airport)

Midnight Swim (low key drink/food spot)

Battalion (Italian spot inside an old firehouse)

Back
Top Bottom