Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

The service itself isn't banned in SF, but you have to be actually living in the unit that you're renting out. This is something that's done to cut down on people buying up property just to use it as a hotel (and as a result reducing the amount of affordable property for residents that actually need to live in the area). It's the same thing in Berlin; you can't rent an entire apartment out through AirBnB. That's what I meant by "banned". I understand why these cities are doing it, but I avoid AirBnB in these cities because I don't want to stay with random families when I'm trying to have a good time :lol:

Last edited:
Me and my buddies rented out a motorhome in a dudes driveway on Airbnb over the summer :lol:
Joint was hella nice though.

its good that someone brought up the weirdness part, im doing airbnb in my japan trip and though i wouldnt mind meeting people, i just wana be left alone when im in my accomodation, but it seems like if i want to save im gona have to do airbnb.

thanks for all the replies guys

When I travel alone, I usually get a private room with its own bathroom in a hostel. Full privacy AND you get to meet a lot of new people. That's what I did when I visited Tokyo a couple years back

Last edited:
its good that someone brought up the weirdness part, im doing airbnb in my japan trip and though i wouldnt mind meeting people, i just wana be left alone when im in my accomodation, but it seems like if i want to save im gona have to do airbnb.

thanks for all the replies guys

I airbnb when i was in japan (we were 3, it was the cheapest way for accomodation).

Never had that werid problem. Didn't even meet one owner. They have a lock and you open it for the key (self check in self check out).

Nothing was weird except one spot in osaka smelled like fish :lol:

^ well its easier if ur in a group, u can just rent a whole place out. im going solo and i only want to rent a room.

^ well its easier if ur in a group, u can just rent a whole place out. im going solo and i only want to rent a room.

Oh sure. Didnt get that part.

Japanese people are extra respectful and polite. i'm sure you'll feel like you were alone in those airbnb :lol:

^ also ive seen a couple of listings in japan airbnb where the owners have turned their places to hostels, im trying to avoid those [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Planning on using airbnb and renting out an entire home. Are hosts ever there in the house during your stay?

Planning on using airbnb and renting out an entire home. Are hosts ever there in the house during your stay?

If you rent out the entire home, you get the entire home
Hosts will not be there at all. They might not even be there to greet you

We rented out a 4 bedroom House in SD for a bachelor party and never met the owners, they simply left the key in a key lock and gave us the alarm code.

Ive used Airbnb 3 times now. All positive experiences and only met one host. Planning to use it again to find a spot in  Tokyo and Hong Kong for April. 

Last edited:
used Airbnb when i was in Toronto. Met the owner the first day and that was it. Wasn't a bad experience at all. I'd do it again

Add me as a fan of Airbnb. I got put on by a co-worker of mine, and I've used it about 3 times this past summer and I highly recommend it. Much rather go that route than a hotel, just for the privacy factor alone.

I love airbnb...but I'm also a big fan of hostels.
They have events for travelers, they point you in the right direction, and you always make friends with your roommates.
On another note. REALLY been thinking of Ima take this trip in February. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

how much did you guys spend per day in japan? ( i know yall cant remember but please estimate :D )
all depends. i've spent over 4k in 4 days from buying stuff and less than $100/day on other occasions. depends what you buy. you can get cheap meals (less than $10) at convenience stores or spots like yoshinoya or one of the many curry or ramen shops.

$2,900 round trip to Japan, Spring Break. Whatever tho, I still wanna go!

Last edited:
Might be going to Japan during spring break myself

My grad program was invited to the "Kakehasi project", basically the Japanese govt pays for US students to go over there for a cultural experience.

Catch is a lot of people signed up, so it's a lotto. Hope I get picked :smokin

Just came back from Cuba and Mexico (The Yucutan), Had a great trip. I came back the day after Inauguration day and it was a mess. Took us almost 3 hours after we landed to get out of customs. Of course we were flagged, we had to see like 3 different agents.

We rented a Car in Mexico, booked hotels, and everything in advance. We did the 4 ruins including Chichen Itza, Ek Balaam, Tulum, and Coba. The best part is you can actually climb Ek Balaam and Coba. We flew from Cancun to Havana, and Cuba was also a blast. Everything you hear about Cuba is true. The place is full of classic cars, architecture is beautiful, the music in the streets, and the people.

Few highlights from the trip below, if you want to see more check me at instagram.com/kidflores89

Mexico

View media item 2315824View media item 2315825View media item 2315826View media item 2315827View media item 2315828View media item 2315829View media item 2315833View media item 2315849

Cuba

View media item 2315834View media item 2315835View media item 2315836View media item 2315837View media item 2315838View media item 2315839View media item 2315840View media item 2315841View media item 2315842View media item 2315846View media item 2315847

how much did you guys spend per day in japan? ( i know yall cant remember but please estimate :D )

about 100$ per day.

did 2 weeks total : Tokyo - Fuji - Kyoto - Osaka

We were 3 and pretty much renting the cheapest airbnb that had a decent location in the city.

definitly on the cheap side with 100$/day.

Very dope :smokin

How much time was the trip total?

Back
Top Bottom