Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

We've really taken to cruises. This year we started what I hope will be a semi annual tradition, we booked a cruise during Mardi Gras week, have a shorter one for 2018 booked, and one for 2019 lined up. May try something else after that, but for now we're enjoying the relaxation letting someone else plan and pamper us brings.

Any suggestions on visiting Haiti?
Best places to stay/visit, to eat, things to do, etc.

Last edited:
Anyone been to / know about Tokyo / Japan?

Some friends are booking a ski trip there (northern island of Hokkaido). They're going for 2 weeks. First week will be in Tokyo / Kyoto, 2nd week up to Hokkaido to ski. I'm trying to figure out how I can use my 128k Chase UR points from the CSR credit card, to help me book tickets.

Its cheaper to fly out of LAX or another city, than where I live (Denver). I'm trying to figure out how much time I would need at LAX, to ensure that I don't miss the flight. I found a flight from DEN to LAX that lands at 10am, and then the flight to Tokyo leaves at 11:00am. Is that too little time to get off of the Southwest flight, and over to another terminal at LAX?

On the way back, we will be flying from Sapporo to Tokyo to LAX. The layover in Tokyo is 1h 25m. Is that enough time?

Anyone been to / know about Tokyo / Japan?

Some friends are booking a ski trip there (northern island of Hokkaido). They're going for 2 weeks. First week will be in Tokyo / Kyoto, 2nd week up to Hokkaido to ski. I'm trying to figure out how I can use my 128k Chase UR points from the CSR credit card, to help me book tickets.

Its cheaper to fly out of LAX or another city, than where I live (Denver). I'm trying to figure out how much time I would need at LAX, to ensure that I don't miss the flight. I found a flight from DEN to LAX that lands at 10am, and then the flight to Tokyo leaves at 11:00am. Is that too little time to get off of the Southwest flight, and over to another terminal at LAX?

On the way back, we will be flying from Sapporo to Tokyo to LAX. The layover in Tokyo is 1h 25m. Is that enough time?

I think that initial layover on the way out via LAX is risky as hell. I play that game often and will usually entertain a window of 90 minutes at the very least. You depart right on time, get off the plane right on time, you'll probably be good but... never mind a real minor delay.

You now about the UR Travel Portal right? If you book through there the dollar value of each point increases about 25%.

What's the fare looking like out of LAX, there were some really good fares to Tokyo in the 500 - 600 out the west coast and last week. :nerd:

Sounds like a dope trip man, I've never skied or been to Japan, life goals.

I think that initial layover on the way out via LAX is risky as hell. I play that game often and will usually entertain a window of 90 minutes at the very least. You depart right on time, get off the plane right on time, you'll probably be good but... never mind a real minor delay.

You now about the UR Travel Portal right? If you book through there the dollar value of each point increases about 25%.

What's the fare looking like out of LAX, there were some really good fares to Tokyo in the 500 - 600 out the west coast and last week. :nerd:

Sounds like a dope trip man, I've never skied or been to Japan, life goals.

I actually think I'm gonna book with United, after transferring UR points. Flights are 35k points each way, and I have like 130k UR points. Found a direct out of Denver and direct back to Tokyo (with a mainland flight from Sapporo to Tokyo).

Japan has some of the best snow on the planet. It can snow a foot+ per night, and it's super light and fluffy (ideal, compared to heavy / wet snow). Plus spending some time in Tokyo and Kyoto will be cool as I want to eat ramen, see some historical ****, go to the denim area where a bunch of the raw denim brands are located, etc.

Then I think I will still have enough UR points (my wife also has the same card and 125k UR points of her own) to go to Hawaii for her 30th bday in March, and maaaaaybe enough points to put towards a Euro trip later next year.

Anyone been to Puerto Plata,DR during spring break? Thinking of going with the homies next year.

:pimp: nice I just got back from kauai. My boss and all my co workers are South African. I want to check it out one day.

Attachments

• 244BDC11-348C-4719-94D3-461AD2B68F0F.jpeg
    244BDC11-348C-4719-94D3-461AD2B68F0F.jpeg
    431.9 KB · Views: 15
So this might be a tough one to answer but can anyone suggest a place to visit within the US that is not one of the cities below? I want to go somewhere different and I've been to all those spots below and wonder if I am missing anything unique. I was thinking Arizona to go see some of the geographical sites there like Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, etc. I was also thinking Montana to go to Glacier National park as well. My number one spot would have been to go to Puerto Rico but considering the hurricane, I guess that is out. Any suggestions would be great.

Hawaii, SF, LA, Chicago, NYC, Miami, Seattle, Portland, New Orleans, San Diego, St Louis

I was thinking Arizona to go see some of the geographical sites there like Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, etc. I was also thinking Montana to go to Glacier National park as well

From Vegas you can get to Zion NP. Utah's NPs are just so completely unique. I like the Arizona idea as well.

When are you planning on going? Glacier NP is probably already shut down for this winter. Denver could be a cool trip too, but maybe not right now when winter is starting (if you wanted to see mountains and what not)

^^^^^Within the next couple of weeks. Didn’t factor in the weather for the northern areas. I guess that at least isolates some specific dates. I guess AZ is sounding a little more reasonable now.

^^^^^Within the next couple of weeks. Didn’t factor in the weather for the northern areas. I guess that at least isolates some specific dates. I guess AZ is sounding a little more reasonable now.

Better look up reservations / permits for Antelope Canyon. I think it is highly regulated now

^^^^I found a tour guid for the weekend I want to go. It's one of the photo ones so it's 2 hours in there with about 8 people. $50 so not too expensive but just still odd for just being in a canyon.

Alright......booked a trip to Spain to go to Madrid and Barcelona for next week. Seems like a pretty easy city to conquer. Anyone got any tips or must have things I need to check out aside from the typical things to do?

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr any spots or tour guides you can recommend to check while in Iceland?
All the tours I find seem very expensive. Might have to bite the bullet and book anyway cuz I don't drive

Last edited:
^^^Sup bro.

Well.....that's sort of the trap about Iceland. The flight itself is really cheap but everything else is super expensive. Even the food which I think is crap is expensive. I would recommend going to grocery stores and just stocking up on simple things. Every restaurant there just wasn't great and that mostly has to do with their produce and what kind of things are grown and eaten there.

When I first went, I just booked my tours at the hotel. It makes life easier since the buses would just come to you and drop you off at the same price. You have to wake up pretty early to start those tours cause the drive can be like 3-4 hours one way depending on where you go and all you get is like 30 minutes at each spot. The second time I went, I just rented a car and got a wifi signal for it and went to spots on my own time. This is 100% the best way to go but you will be driving a lot but the plus is you get to stay at a spot as long as you want. The wifi helped us get to any spot via GPS and when we needed gas, we just googled it. The sad part is renting a car is expensive as hell and they get you on the insurance as well. I almost think it was like $500 for like 3 days to rent.

Alright......booked a trip to Spain to go to Madrid and Barcelona for next week. Seems like a pretty easy city to conquer. Anyone got any tips or must have things I need to check out aside from the typical things to do?

How was your trip? I’m thinking about going to Madrid, Barcelona and San Sebastián. Any recommendations on where to stay, how was the AVE and was it easy to navigate/communicate?

How was your trip? I’m thinking about going to Madrid, Barcelona and San Sebastián. Any recommendations on where to stay, how was the AVE and was it easy to navigate/communicate?

Madrid is kind of whatever to me. More like a NYC or any US city with it shops and what not. Barcelona is dope! So much food, good wine, culture, beach, etc. I would say focus on their more so than Madrid but if you can do it all, I say go for it. Also neighboring countries are pretty easy to travel to so even doing like Barcelona and Portugal would be cool.

In Barcelona, we stayed at a hotel near Las Ramblas which is where all the tourist hang but leads to all areas whether train or just walking. our rates were like $70US but this is for like 2 people so maybe an AirBNB would be more price friendly with more people. Navigation wise, we downloaded offline Google maps and sort of prepped for it before we got there but wifi is everywhere and the trains take you to all spots or you can just take a cab which is cheap. Communication wise, people do speak english but if you know some spanish, that will go a long way. We had a lot of issues where some people didn't speak english but we were able to figure it out. Google Translate is also a good app to have.

Back
Top Bottom