Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Anyone been to the Mendocino/Monterey area in CA? Migh do a drive from LA with the wife next month.
Monterey/Carmel would be a must on that trip. Spend the money to do the 17 Mile Dr (it’s less than $20). Your wife will love the photo ops.

Then find a spot to park near downtown Carmel and take your wife down towards the beach for the sunset. I’m only speaking from experience, but that evening ended very well for me.

yal got global entry?

im tryin to apply but im stuck in the process. not getting anywhere past the dashboard screen.
thanks!

ok see thats where i got lost lol. i need to do that first?

You apply online - then you have to setup an appointment for an interview - or you can take an international trip and fly back into an airport that has the interview onsite of arrival. If you do an on-site interview - you can get approved instantly.

Until then you’ll have to just wait.

Only have Precheck right now. Definitely going to upgrade to Global Entry when that expires. I’ve heard it’s incredibly hard to get appointments scheduled for either right now.

Only have Precheck right now. Definitely going to upgrade to Global Entry when that expires. I’ve heard it’s incredibly hard to get appointments scheduled for either right now.

Global Entry comes with Precheck, just as a FYI.

Just applied for my passport at the post office yesterday. Probably going to London, Italy, and Spain at the end of May/June. First time going international.. My friend is gonna be in Milan at the same time for a wedding but I want to go to Amalfi if im gonna be in Italy
I also haven’t been on a plane since I was a kid or been through the whole airport process by myself. I have to do a practice flight from here in Boston to NYC or something before I go :lol:

Waiting to see the processing time for my passport then I’m gonna get tickets for the last game at the Emirates アミーゴ アミーゴ

Just applied for my passport at the post office yesterday. Probably going to London, Italy, and Spain at the end of May/June. First time going international.. My friend is gonna be in Milan at the same time for a wedding but I want to go to Amalfi if im gonna be in Italy
I also haven’t been on a plane since I was a kid or been through the whole airport process by myself. I have to do a practice flight from here in Boston to NYC or something before I go :lol:

Waiting to see the processing time for my passport then I’m gonna get tickets for the last game at the Emirates アミーゴ アミーゴ
loved milan :pimp:

i will say... the bigger the plane the smoother the ride. dont feel anything as much as domestic flights in regards of turbulence

I didn’t necessarily love Milan itself. That was my first exposure to the aperitivo life though, so it’ll always have a place in my heart.

Global Entry comes with Precheck, just as a FYI.
Yea, it’s a no-brainer to upgrade. I travel domestically pretty often, so PreCheck is great. But for only $15 I can zoom through customs and not stand in those hot *** rooms. Huge win.

Probably going to London, Italy, and Spain at the end of May/June. First time going international.. My friend is gonna be in Milan at the same time for a wedding but I want to go to Amalfi if im gonna be in Italy

Highly highly highly recommend Lake Como if you'll be in Italy.

Yea, it’s a no-brainer to upgrade. I travel domestically pretty often, so PreCheck is great. But for only $15 I can zoom through customs and not stand in those hot *** rooms. Huge win.

If you don’t want to wait, virtually every travel credit card I know of will reimburse the cost with a statement credit.

Might be worth handling sooner rather than later considering how long it can take to schedule an interview appointment.

Skip Milan - trash city imo

Stoked you will be able to hit a match! I’ve been trying to make it over down the stretch but having a 2 month old probably won’t allow it

You can expedite your passport - we just did for our son - well worth the price.

You are hitting Euro during a good time - right before the rush. Let me know how I can help brother 🤝🤝

If you don’t want to wait, virtually every travel credit card I know of will reimburse the cost with a statement credit.

Might be worth handling sooner rather than later considering how long it can take to schedule an interview appointment.

100% - haven’t heard of one that doesnt

If you do not have global entry - get it done! I love coming back to the states and walking past the SUCKERS in lines while I casually stroll past

Leaving Kona right now - been here last 12 days

27F7D6D1-8CC1-4C38-873E-9ECB8BB04662.jpeg

Highly highly highly recommend Lake Como if you'll be in Italy.

Skip Milan - trash city imo

Stoked you will be able to hit a match! I’ve been trying to make it over down the stretch but having a 2 month old probably won’t allow it

You can expedite your passport - we just did for our son - well worth the price.

You are hitting Euro during a good time - right before the rush. Let me know how I can help brother 🤝🤝

Milan was our pit stop to travel to/from. I think we used to to get to Lake Como then back to Milan in order to then take a train to Switzerland. For that, I'd recommend.

Lake Como is absolutely beautiful. Definitely worth checking out for a few days. My other biased recommendations are Lucca and Siena.

We haven't traveled with kids that young but have a coworker who had her baby with a wedding to attend in the UK at about that age....ripped the band aid right off. Depending on the kid, maybe it's a blessing to get them used to travel early. We had the pandemic interrupt us for that :lol:

L lazyj10 yeah he got his 2 month shots and we were on the next flight - heading to DC this weekend and then Scottsdale in April

Get with it or get lost, little man

He was AWESOME on his first flight

The only thing about Global Entry - super strict restrictions - you can’t even have driving misdemeanors (reckless driving or DUI/DWI within 10 years). You won’t get approved.

Last edited:
L lazyj10 yeah he got his 2 month shots and we were on the next flight - heading to DC this weekend and then Scottsdale in April

Get with it or get lost, little man

He was AWESOME on his first flight

That's awesome man, show him the life!
We tested our kids with something short and they were great, albeit much older than yours now (for their first flights). Now we can get to Hawaii (July) and some other places. Opens up the vacation options, for sure!

Can’t recommend Lake Como enough. Pretty quick train ride up from Milan, and infinitely better.

Back
Top Bottom