Your Thoughts On The Payment As A Gift Method

Originally Posted by Method Man

When it comes to NT, there is no debate. 
We don't allow fraud, "payment by gift" is the most common MEANS of committing fraud, and "payment by gift" is itself an attempt to defraud PayPal.

It isn't allow here and if you catch someone trying it, refer them to me or to any member of our buy/sell team and we'll revoke their listing privileges.  

Looks like you should have a talk with the buy/sell guides.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

I think it's stupid dudes stay getting scammed doing this and yet noone learns
I never knew its not allowed on buy/sell forum to request payment as a gift
nerd.gif

stupid dudes don't get scammed because of the gift method.

stupid dudes get scammed because their impulsive, they don't check for references from a seller,  they see a good price and don't think "hmmm maybe this is too good to be true"  they don't ask necessary questions or find out who their dealing with. 

i've bought shoes off here for close to 8 years and have never got scammed once and i've sent payment as a gift, regular payment, and in the rare occasion money order but in all these deals, i've always made sure to know who i was dealing with.  most of the time if this is done problems are avoided.

U avoid all of this by using a credit card when sending payment.only people I send as gift through my bank account are people I have done plenty of biz with. I think most scams happen with the trade nonsense talking about lets ship at the same time lulz

Due diligence should ALWAYS be encouraged, but our primary concern is protecting users from fraud - not saving you a few bucks by allowing you to violate PayPal's terms of service.

The rule is now pinned to each buy/sell subsection, just so there's no more confusion.

i always pay in gift
never got scammed sended $$$ in gift
do business with high feedback ftw

Originally Posted by Method Man

When it comes to NT, there is no debate. 
We don't allow fraud, "payment by gift" is the most common MEANS of committing fraud, and "payment by gift" is itself an attempt to defraud PayPal.

It isn't allow here and if you catch someone trying it, refer them to me or to any member of our buy/sell team and we'll revoke their listing privileges.  
AMEN.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

i never understood people saying 4%

add it yourself to the price of whatever your selling

in an ideal world this would be the case  but 9 out of 10 people offer less then what your asking regardless of how good a price is.

why would you even waste your time posting in a thread you consider nonsence?

I think sellers should be allowed to ask buyers to cover the 3.2% if the buyer decides to offer a price lower than the asking price. I've had random people off of twitter send me gift payments and I am yet to scam anyone, but I do see the point sending the money as a payment. It gives the buyer some leverage and the gift option does not. I've never been scammed, but I came close on the other site because I sent the payment as a gift. Never again will I do that for anyone I'm not familiar with.

With all the cheapskates/lowballers that I've dealt with over the years gift or 4% has never been an issue.

Back
Top Bottom