You're the Worst on FXX

Yea, for 98% of the world.. hell for most of family.. but for the people you legit love and/or, gotta tell them what's up

It's still their life to do as they please.. but if you really care about someone, you gotta do what you gotta do

I mean every other week I gotta tell clients some shh they don't wanna hear, but that's my professional obligations.. now if they decide to proceed without listening or following my advice, that's on them.. I did what my profession calls upon me to do

And I think the mom is well aware of her little bubble.. just as She was well aware of who Gretchen was really marrying.. she had her moments of truth and went right back to her safe space and back to not rocking the boat
Nah, it really wasnt Edgar's place.

Its not like he said I don't think she's right for you and made it known.

He waited days before the wedding and offered to help Jimmy run away from the woman he loves like a coward.

Total a-hole behavior. To me thats not do what you gotta do for a friend you love. That's just trying your hardest to interfere with someone's relationships based on how you think a relationship should be.

Your professional obligation isn't comparable in this situation :lol: You're not telling clients dont so this thing and I'll help you do it if you're not willing to do it alone plus we can even go hideout together a bit to ride this out.

I kean seriously where was Edgar and this opinion when Jimmy first broke up with Gretchen or when they got back together?

Even if Jimmy ends up dipping on the marriage or Gretchen or they both come to the realization to me Edgar is still foul for this. I see nothing redeeming or understandable about it.

That Gretchen's mother is aware of it all is what makes her all the more a horrible mother.

^ I never said she wasn’t a horrible mother.. however, that doesn’t mean she can’t make valid points or see the path her daughter is on

And to be fair to Edgar, ALOT has kinda been going on with Gretchen lately

Maybe once dude saw her taking the pills and then he saw her lying to him about simple shh and then there was all the stuff that came out on the bus.. and who knows what info Lindsay was sharing with dude when they were sleeping together

Maybe dude thought that both jimmy and Gretchen were changing for the better for each other.. but then dude notices the pills which triggers him following things more closely

I hope that I have that level of friendship with the couple dudes I legit consider friends.. and I know my mother will quickly tell me if I’m f’n around or up

Sometimes you need someone on the outside to at least give you a different perspective on things because you could be so caught in the situation that you never really consider what the other person is actually going through

I mean edgar flat out told jimmy in the episode where she torched her job how jimmy needed to actually care about Gretchen’s life outside of the parts directly to do with jimmy.. huge event in her career and she’s freaking out and jimmy had zero clue what was happening

^ I never said she wasn’t a horrible mother.. however, that doesn’t mean she can’t make valid points or see the path her daughter is on

And to be fair to Edgar, ALOT has kinda been going on with Gretchen lately

Maybe once dude saw her taking the pills and then he saw her lying to him about simple shh and then there was all the stuff that came out on the bus.. and who knows what info Lindsay was sharing with dude when they were sleeping together

Maybe dude thought that both jimmy and Gretchen were changing for the better for each other.. but then dude notices the pills which triggers him following things more closely

I hope that I have that level of friendship with the couple dudes I legit consider friends.. and I know my mother will quickly tell me if I’m f’n around or up

Sometimes you need someone on the outside to at least give you a different perspective on things because you could be so caught in the situation that you never really consider what the other person is actually going through

I mean edgar flat out told jimmy in the episode where she torched her job how jimmy needed to actually care about Gretchen’s life outside of the parts directly to do with jimmy.. huge event in her career and she’s freaking out and jimmy had zero clue what was happening

I'm straight up saying shes a horrible mother and proved it with that entire scene. Anything you think was a valid point made by her is just more proof of her being a horrible mother.

Its been the same Gretchen ever since it was revealed she suffers fron severe clinical depression and then seeked a therapist. She hasnt gotten worse since. Also Jimmy sucking a D has nothing to do with Gretchen's affect on Jimmy and more to do with how ****ed up he is :lol:

Edgar went out of his way to be an A-hole with his proposal to Jimmy to not just not get married but to run away.

Jimmy already explained how he and Gretchen's relationship works. Edgar chose to ignore that thinking his advice was the right and only way to go. That's just more evidence of Edgar not really having much going on with his life and pretending to be some expert on relationships when he's only had one semi-stable relationship. A simple case of thinking you know better for someone else and interfering.

Last edited:
Ok, we agree she's a terrible mother..

But she can look at the mistakes of her life (and the fears of change she expressed) and tell her daughter what she's about to do

It's like with Edgar, dude has been in legit f'd up situations.. he knows why he has those drugs and the affects of them.. they had a whole episode with him exploring taking something else because the affects those drugs were having on him.. so he sees this, if anyone of the group could appreciate the path she's on, it's edgar

Ok, we agree she's a terrible mother..

But she can look at the mistakes of her life (and the fears of change she expressed) and tell her daughter what she's about to do
I dont think that's what she did at all.

It's like with Edgar, dude has been in legit f'd up situations.. he knows why he has those drugs and the affects of them.. they had a whole episode with him exploring taking something else because the affects those drugs were having on him.. so he sees this, if anyone of the group could appreciate the path she's on, it's edgar
Edgar is a basket case himself and should be taking his meds but he doesn't.

Another dude in denial.

I dont think that's what she did at all.

I mean the whole point of the episode is Gretchen pushing that glass metaphor

The mother after being pressed acknowledges her lot in life and things she wishes but would never do.. but explicitly states Gretchen needs someone who would push her to be better

Edgar is a basket case himself and should be taking his meds but he doesn't.

Another dude in denial.

Edgar has actually shown growth and has changed the most out of any of em.. and we saw him hit some serious lows while on those meds and even tried speaking to his military rep about changes, but of course military couldn't even consider certain paths

Can’t believe there is only 1 more episode left.. like for the whole damn thing

I mean the whole point of the episode is Gretchen pushing that glass metaphor

The mother after being pressed acknowledges her lot in life and things she wishes but would never do.. but explicitly states Gretchen needs someone who would push her to be better
Given the establishing that she was a **** mother I dont think she's in a place to suggest what type of man would be best for Gretchen.

Edgar has actually shown growth and has changed the most out of any of em.. and we saw him hit some serious lows while on those meds and even tried speaking to his military rep about changes, but of course military couldn't even consider certain paths
Among this group of 4, Edgar's growth is not that special :lol:

Given the establishing that she was a **** mother I dont think she's in a place to suggest what type of man would be best for Gretchen.

I mean, she sure as shh knows what a shh marriage is and the results it can have on a person

Among this group of 4, Edgar's growth is not that special :lol:

Obviously.. but it's saying something when either Edgar, Paul or somehow Lindsay are the most improved given where everyone was to start the series

I mean, she sure as shh knows what a shh marriage is and the results it can have on a person
No excuse for being a **** mother.

Obviously.. but it's saying something when either Edgar, Paul or somehow Lindsay are the most improved given where everyone was to start the series
Edgar, Paul, and Lindsay are all lonely losers with nobody that loves them in their lives too.

As I tend to see in multiple places about it, love and marriage isnt something that just magically happens and stays that way forever. Its a commitment that a couple works on continuously. Jimmy and Gretchen already have a unique and different way for how their relationship works and as they both have recognized they have their own way of maintaining it.

Last edited:
No excuse for being a **** mother.

Don't think anyone is making any excuse for her

However, she does know a shh situation.. she never claimed to have some grand solution for Gretchen only pointed out the sh situation she was walking into or is in

Gretchen is like a crackhead finding someone who not only doesn't judge them for their terrible habit but encourages and fears saying anything that may cost them

Edgar, Paul, and Lindsay are all lonely losers with nobody that loves them in their lives too.

As I tend to see in multiple places about it, love and marriage isnt something that just magically happens and stays that way forever. Its a commitment that a couple works on continuously. Jimmy and Gretchen already have a unique and different way for how their relationship works and as they both have recognized they have their own way of maintaining it.

They haven't maintained it thou.. all of last season was Gretchen f'n with Jimmy, just couple episodes ago this season Jimmy literally sucked a D because he thought that was what would get Gretchen to figure him

O and she didn't really do shh for the wedding (don't forget Jimmy had to get her shoes and the damn dress) plus being on the pills of a dude who has PTSD from being in war

I would have agreed, before this season.. but even when it seems they were supposed to be in a good place, because before Jimmy never wanted to admit how much he cared until he seemingly lost her last season.. but even with them supposedly supposed to be in a good place and move forward well still got the crap of this season

Don't think anyone is making any excuse for her
You said she knows what a **** marriage is cuz of her **** marriage but she only knows about her marriage, her failed hopes, and why she's in the marriage she's in.

She doesn't actually know what makes a good marriage. She doesnt know what Gretchen needs. She's a miserable person and a horrible mother.

She has no insight on Gretchen's situation or relationship. Her and Gretchen are not similar so she can't speak from her experience to advise Gretchen because their relationships are not alike.

I see Gretchen and Jimmy working no differently than how Frank and Monica worked on Shameless..

That's not an excuse
I'm not saying it's an excuse.

I'm saying her knowing about her **** marriage means nothing. She literally uses that to continue to be a **** mother. That was part of her whole point of putting on the facade for decades thst dhe didnt know what was really going on with Gretchen's mental illness. Nothing she says has vslue when she willfully and knowingly chooses to go back in to denial with her situation.
Edgar does
Yeah, and he has no experiwnce with relationships at all.

Like I said before he's just forcing his idea of what a good relationship should be on Jimmy. Been doing it all season.

It was one thing when he became more self aware and addressed and adjusted to how Jimmy treated him but now he's being arrogant enough to put himself in what he sees as a problem. Hence why he's an a-hole.

Frank and Monica 'work'?

You mean the US shameless frank and Monica?

I haven't seen the UK one to judge
US version.

They were deeply in love. Still were any time they reunited. Main difference is Monica's long absence and refusal to treat her bipolarism in any way other than illegal drugs with no sort of limitation where as Gretchen is seeking help and going out of her way to.do a bunch of prescription drugs.

Yes they were **** absent parents but that's not pertaining to their relationship.

Yeah, and he has no experiwnce with relationships at all.

We saw him in a relationship in the show.. we also don't know what his life was before the show

It was one thing when he became more self aware and addressed and adjusted.

This was the episode before this last one:

I'm saying her knowing about her **** marriage means nothing.

And I'm saying her sh relationship/marriage means she knows about a sh relationship/marriage

Gretchen is seeking help and going out of her way to.do a bunch of prescription drugs.

We've seen gretchen's therapist very briefly this season, didn't end on a great point regarding their relationship.. even in that brevity

We also had a chance to see their interaction from last season

Those prescribed meds are for Edgar

We saw him in a relationship in the show..
Ive mentioned this.
we also don't know what his life was before the show
As far as relationships he didnt have any. He was dealing with debilitating PTSD/PPTSD/PTSTD and finishing a tour

This was the episode before this last one:

Your point? I saw the episode.

And I'm saying her sh relationship/marriage means she knows about a sh relationship/marriage
She knows about HER **** relationship.

Like I said she has no insight in to Gretchen's relationship.

Just because you are in a **** relationship that you choose to be in (I hope didnt overlook that fact. She admits that she never tried to get out of it and chooses denial instead of addressing that. It's not just a **** relationship. It's a **** relationship of her choosing) does not mean you are now an expert on all **** relationships. Thats ridiculous.

We've seen gretchen's therapist very briefly this season, didn't end on a great point regarding their relationship.. even in that brevity

We also had a chance to see their interaction from last season

Those prescribed meds are for Edgar
The relationship with the therapist and Gretchen is specific to them. Doesnt have bearing on anything else other than the therapists fleeting opinion on her marrying Jimmy.

You do knowa prescription drugs aren't like DNA coded for the person they're prescribed for right? :lol: Once you know the name of the drug, what its for and side effects and the dosage thats all you need to know other than your personal allergies. When ppl say stuff like who knows what drugs prescribed for me are doing to you its aclear sign they're not that educated on the drugs they're prescribed.

If you break your leg and can't afford your prescription for Vicodin, you can use your friend's prescription of vicodin when he broke his arm.

The same applies for mental illnesses. Edgar has a pharmacy of prescription drugs. He went to war and came back with severe war related mental iillnesses. Gretchen suffers from clinical depression.

It's not like she's taking penicillin, sedatives, and antibiotics for depression.

The same stuff she would be prescribed are similar to what he has been prescribed; uppers, mood stabilizers, etc.

You do knowa prescription drugs aren't like DNA coded for the person they're prescribed for right? :lol: Once you know the name of the drug, what its for and side effects and the dosage thats all you need to know other than your personal allergies. When ppl say stuff like who knows what drugs prescribed for me are doing to you its aclear sign they're not that educated on the drugs they're prescribed.

If you break your leg and can't afford your prescription for Vicodin, you can use your friend's prescription of vicodin when he broke his arm.

There are kinda a lot of prescription drugs out there.. considering the things we know about Edgar and the tendency to over medicate, going assume Edgar was on some pretty heavy stuff (as he has said and from what we saw)

Also going assume gretchen doesn't have a medical license, pharmaceutical license or even looked up what the hell she was taking

As you mentioned numerous times, she had a shh mother who didn't do nothing to help her during her childhood.. and I can't specifically remember her own phsychartrist prescribing her anything, hell she could have just been a therapist.. BUT if she could and did, mixing and matching with meds can have some serious affects

Especially when you know you're dealing with people with mental health issues and those drugs are meant to address those specific issues

I mean you don't get prescribed Vicodin for every issue

There are kinda a lot of prescription drugs out there.. considering the things we know about Edgar and the tendency to over medicate, going assume Edgar was on some pretty heavy stuff (as he has said and from what we saw)

Also going assume gretchen doesn't have a medical license, pharmaceutical license or even looked up what the hell she was taking
These assumptions are ridiculous.

Gretchen has lived with her depression for over 20 years. She knows exactly what drugs treat them.

Most ppl who suffer from these mental illnesses and have spent their life getting treatment whether its on or off know exactly the wide array of prescription drugs treat their illnesses and which dont.

Look at the vid you posted where Gretchen is confronted with taking Egdar's prescrptions a.d what she says about it.

You think she's taking random drugs she has no clue about that dont habe anything to do with her depression? Seriously?

As you mentioned numerous times, she had a shh mother who didn't do nothing to help her during her childhood.. and I can't specifically remember her own phsychartrist prescribing her anything, hell she could have just been a therapist.. BUT if she could and did, mixing and matching with meds can have some serious affects
There was definitely an episode of Gretchen asking her new therapist to prescribe her something and she refused.

This is clinical depression. Look up the mental illness. You dont just get a regular therapist and are never prescribed drugs for it. Thats reckless.

Especially when you know you're dealing with people with mental health issues and those drugs are meant to address those specific issues
Again look up the illnesses.
I mean you don't get prescribed Vicodin for every issue
Exactly my point. I think you mustve glossed off the part where I talked about Gretchen's illness and Edgar's.

These assumptions are ridiculous.

Gretchen has lived with her depression for over 20 years. She knows exactly what drugs treat them.

We know gretchen had a bad mother who didn't do sh

We have zero clue when she was actually diagnosed OR if she even got help prior to when we see her see a psychiatrist or therapist in the show

Just because someone is self medicating, it doesn't make them an expert

We know Edgar was prescribed meds, we saw the affects the meds had on Edgar.. and now someone who didn't see the prescribing physician is taking said meds

There was definitely an episode of Gretchen asking her new therapist to prescribe her something and she refused.

ole girl might not have even been able to prescribe meds, don't need an MD to be a therapist

We know gretchen had a bad mother who didn't do sh

We have zero clue when she was actually diagnosed OR if she even got help prior to when we see her see a psychiatrist or therapist in the show
You should probably watch the episodes over when its revealed Gretchen has clinical depression, Lindsay's reaction since she already knows, Gretchen's behavior when she eventyally explains it, etc. Its a lot of little things you've forgotten.

However, in the discussion with her mother, its more than obvious she was diagnosed when she was young.

Just because someone is self medicating, it doesn't make them an expert
I never said you have to be an expert. Knowing the difference between clozapine and an antidepressant.

It's no different than knowing the difference between ibuprofen and an antihistamine.

There's self medicating with alcohol, Molly, acid, cocaine, weed, etc. and then there's selfmedicating with prescription drugs. Those are two very different things.
We know Edgar was prescribed meds, we saw the affects the meds had on Edgar.. and now someone who didn't see the prescribing physician is taking said meds
So?

Again, Edgar has a pharmacy's worth of pills. You do not know which pills made him feel a certsin way or which combination of pills made him feel and behave that way.

Furthermore, clearly w/e Gretchen is taking isnt resulting in her feeling and behaving the way Edgar is.

ole girl might not have even been able to prescribe meds, don't need an MD to be a therapist
This is completely besides the point.

I dont have time to rewatch old episodes or even search for clips to set that straight for you.

Back
Top Bottom