• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters

Agreed. Either a sign of things to come or just residual overload from the holiday onslaught of releases imo
I think it is a sign to come, it is also 8 straight weeks of releases in this pack, extremely costly to try to keep up if you aren't getting more than half at retail. 

I was just in a convo with a reseller for some prelude 2 and 4. His prices weren't that bad, $400 for 4's and 380 for 2's and those were prices I would take, but I would of course try to negotiate it for a little cheaper. And he was like "I cant', I need $$$" and I just straight laughed, here I am offering him a $300+ profit and he's like I NEED the price I asked for. There is no need, it's what you want, leads me to believe that this guy has no job and needs the resellers life to get by. Some of you resellers get too greedy and blindsided that you think you're losing money when you sell for double retail so you must sell for triple retail
those are reasonable prices. I can respect someone telling you their real price straight up instead of daying 500+ expecting you to talk them down to the range they want to sell it at or hoping to catch a dude at the 500+ price

When someone tells me how much profit I am going to make like they're doing me some kind of favor, I'm immediately not going to budge on my price.
yeah its annoying, ive actually done that once and got the price I wanted on the item a few days later, still didn't cop though :smh:
if you don't want the item don't tell people how much money theyre expected to make on the shoe. First of all you don't know if they paid retail, and even if they did its none of their business how much money you make on the shoe, its you buying the product or not

^^^ those are fair prices considering what some idiots are asking for, but if you look at it from a different view, decling an offer for double retail because you feel like you're not making enough profit is just funny to me.

When someone tells me how much profit I am going to make like they're doing me some kind of favor, I'm immediately not going to budge on my price.

Lol same exact thing the guy said, word for word. Sounds like you are the exact guy I was talking to lol. Resellers need a reality check. A check where you have to realize that reselling is not a job and it's a pity if that's you're best and or only bread maker

I was just in a convo with a reseller for some prelude 2 and 4. His prices weren't that bad, $400 for 4's and 380 for 2's and those were prices I would take, but I would of course try to negotiate it for a little cheaper. And he was like "I cant', I need $$$" and I just straight laughed, here I am offering him a $300+ profit and he's like I NEED the price I asked for. There is no need, it's what you want, leads me to believe that this guy has no job and needs the resellers life to get by. Some of you resellers get too greedy and blindsided that you think you're losing money when you sell for double retail so you must sell for triple retail
keep in mind many resellers pay for bots/connects/shipping/paupal/ebay fees , its not 300$ profit as u say , they make a lot of profit but definetely not THAT much 

^^^ those are fair prices considering what some idiots are asking for, but if you look at it from a different view, decling an offer for double retail because you feel like you're not making enough profit is just funny to me.
Lol same exact thing the guy said, word for word. Sounds like you are the exact guy I was talking to lol. Resellers need a reality check. A check where you have to realize that reselling is not a job and it's a pity if that's you're best and or only bread maker
]nowadays it is. making double retail on a few shoes a week is equivalent of a decent salary. Reselling is all some people do

Last edited:
I do take those into consideration, but so far almost every listing of preludes I've looked at, all provided tagged pics of the shoes with the receipt from HoH or NT, also pics of multiple pairs. How does that fair in a raffle?

I do take those into consideration, but so far almost every listing of preludes I've looked at, all provided tagged pics of the shoes with the receipt from HoH or NT, also pics of multiple pairs. How does that fair in a raffle?
hoh are somewhat rigged and we know the rsvp process is a joke. Plus ive won basically every prelude and whatever ive wanted as of late at a hoh raffle.

Just a second let me put my flame suit on...

Ok... Now, who's fault is it though that resellers are asking for the prices they do. Most if them could careless about the shoe, they do it, as has been stated before, because so many are willing to pay it. Myself included, as much as I have dislike it have had to break down and pay the piper from time to time when there is a piece I really wanted in my collection. The same can be said about virtually any collecting hobby. Baseball cards? I mean what is the true value of a piece of cardboard? But to some it holds significant value and they will pay it. I hate resell price as much as the next guy but... Those guys are just doing what everyone else in the world does... Making some money. To them it's business, nothing more, nothing less.

That said... Some are real arrogant tossers with real serious god complexes and poopy attitudes... That's unnecessary and regardless of price I choose not to deal with them.

Last edited:

Ok... Now, who's fault is it though that resellers are asking for the prices they do. Most if them could careless about the shoe, they do it, as has been stated before, because so many are willing to pay it. Myself included, as much as I have dislike it have had to break down and pay the piper from time to time when there is a piece I really wanted in my collection. The same can be said about virtually any collecting hobby. Baseball cards? I mean what is the true value of a piece of cardboard? But to some it holds significant value and they will pay it. I hate resell price as much as the next guy but... Those guys are just doing what everyone else in the world does... Making some money. To them it's business, nothing more, nothing less.

That said... Some are real arrogant tossers with real serious god complexes and poopy attitudes... That's unnecessary and regardless of price I choose not to deal with them.
Bravo!

Come with me to GSP and show me your ways. I never win. Ever.
lmao ive had multiple nters ask me to roll with them to gsp. im with it, I usually go Wednesday but ill go with my gut feeling. Last week I lost cuz a guy was doing the raffles :smh: this week ill see what happens, if I lose over there again whichever girl was feeling me over there mustve found herself a new man :smh: oh well, it was fun while it lasted :lol:

Why you keep calling 'resellers' in the 3rd person while at the same time trying to resell yourself ?
If you want 40 dollars profit for those GR laney 5s on your sig , prelude owner should take 500 from you. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
lmao ive had multiple nters ask me to roll with them to gsp. im with it, I usually go Wednesday but ill go with my gut feeling. Last week I lost cuz a guy was doing the raffles
mean.gif
this week ill see what happens, if I lose over there again whichever girl was feeling me over there mustve found herself a new man
mean.gif
oh well, it was fun while it lasted
laugh.gif
lets roll 

WhY FLAME suit when you speak the truth my man...?

If I can obtain an item for x money and sell it for 2x why woulkdnt I do it...?

What is NIKE doing?

What are all retailers doing?

One objection though , a re-seller can collect sneakers too.Not all get down with sneakers without caring for them or collecting.

Last edited:
That $140 price tag tho....
View media item 756466

Funniest thing about this is Nike slowly becoming it's OWN Reseller. $140 Box Price for Men and $70 price tag for GS yet they said ok these ish-heads are THIRSTY! Let's make them $200 and $125, rip the Tags off the boxes. LMAO!!! If that isn't reseller tactics I'm not sure what is, don't worry nobody will budge. Smh!

Last edited:
Well ... That IS why I said MOST could care less. Some are hip to the hobby but others are just flat out resellers. If they can make a dollar off a chewed piece of gum they will... And if some one will buy it who am I to judge?

Last edited:
I pay my mortgage and car payment each month off reselling profits with more than enough left over, and it is by nowhere near my primary source of income.  Thanks for worrying about me though.

Wait till you see the price I ask when I put my entire Prelude 1-8 set up for sale.  It will be much more than 3x retail 
wink.gif

I pay my mortgage and car payment each month off reselling profits with more than enough left over, and it is by nowhere near my primary source of income.  Thanks for worrying about me though.

Wait till you see the price I ask when I put my entire Prelude 1-8 set up for sale.  It will be much more than 3x retail 
wink.gif

lmao ive had multiple nters ask me to roll with them to gsp. im with it, I usually go Wednesday but ill go with my gut feeling. Last week I lost cuz a guy was doing the raffles :smh: this week ill see what happens, if I lose over there again whichever girl was feeling me over there mustve found herself a new man :smh: oh well, it was fun while it lasted :lol:

Let's hit em upppppppppp

Why you keep calling 'resellers' in the 3rd person while at the same time trying to resell yourself ?
If you want 40 dollars profit for those GR laney 5s on your sig , prelude owner should take 500 from you. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Considering I paid $200 for them after tax and shipping, asking for $220 is no profit at all again after shipping and PayPal fees. Where is your logic?

Back
Top Bottom