• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
Technically can't a customer argue that's the price they want to pay because it's an error on NIke's part.
No MSRP... meaning its a "Suggested Retail Price" does not mean you have to sell it at that price and is not legally binding by any means

Actually, I mean I guess a customer can argue whatever they want to, heck.... you can tell them you want them for free if you so desire. Doesnt mean its gonna work out in your favor.

http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/124/p/3897

"Nike suggests a retail price for each style.  Authorized retailers can decide whether or not to adjust the suggested retail price (increase or decrease the suggested manufactures price) for competitive or other business reasons."

what i am getting from this is the SRP is simply that - a suggested retail price.  any retail location can set the selling price of the item whether it is thru their own retail channels or another vendor.

When Christmas Kobe 8s dropped (the first ones) footlockers and HOHs were charging $5 or $10 over the $140 retail. They had all the price tags pulled off. I told the dude retail was $140, he told me it comes up the price it rang up and he couldn't do anything about it.

http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/124/p/3897

"Nike suggests a retail price for each style.  Authorized retailers can decide whether or not to adjust the suggested retail price (increase or decrease the suggested manufactures price) for competitive or other business reasons."

what i am getting from this is the SRP is simply that - a suggested retail price.  any retail location can set the selling price of the item whether it is thru their own retail channels or another vendor.
bingo

What I meant was if they were to give you that box and you know retail is 200 and the box is 140. You might have a case. Anyone can go into a store and argue what they think they are entitled to.

When Christmas Kobe 8s dropped (the first ones) footlockers and HOHs were charging $5 or $10 over the $140 retail. They had all the price tags pulled off. I told the dude retail was $140, he told me it comes up the price it rang up and he couldn't do anything about it.

Yea I was gonna mention this..
One of my boys got his from HOH and called Nike about this and they basically said HOH can sell for whatever price they want :lol:

The fact I'm debating on paying re-sell prices for the Prelude V's scares me. Only one I missed that I really want....

I'm trying to do ebay/forum research and can't get a gauge of what they're going for fair market value in a size 12/13. I really need a 13, but I cna only find 'decent' deals in a 12 or 14. Any help on what you all think is fair in the terms of a 'reseller' mindset would be much appreciated. 

I paid 425 for my size 13, grudgingly, but I would say that that's a "fair"price now... Best of luck man... They are really nice.. The only ones I could bring myself to resell for. I might go for the 8s too though if I can't get for retail.. Which... I won't.

I sell the kicks I don't want and if someone lowball me I don't reply back. All that am I an idiot, I can sell for more down the line is uncalled for. Especially if you really need the money and this is your full time job. Just ignore no need to get all upset. True low balling is some sophomore at my school offering me $180 for my ds gamma 11s. Then saying $200 is the highest he would go.

Last edited:
I've only found stuff in the $500's... I might hold out or go up to a size 14 and take @s dubl
 adice and double insole it 
The 14 that I got was HUGE! I think they use the same mid/outsole for 12-13, then another for 14. I didn't try em on, but there was a noticeable difference just holding em in my hand from my normal 13.

I sell the kicks I don't want and if someone lowball me I don't reply back. All that am I an idiot, I can sell for more down the line is uncalled for. Especially if you really need the money and this is your full time job. Just ignore no need to get all upset. True low balling is some sophomore at my school offering me $180 for my ds gamma 11s. Then saying $200 is the highest he would go.
I generally don't ignore people. If they low ball I tell em straight up stop low ballin, if I decline I tell em no thanks. No need to be rude and ignore people like u some big person or something and don't got time to respond. Now if someone offered me $180 for gammas I'd straight up laugh in their face

The 14 that I got was HUGE! I think they use the same mid/outsole for 12-13, then another for 14. I didn't try em on, but there was a noticeable difference just holding em in my hand from my normal 13.
from my experience 14s are generally long as hell. Width wise a lot of them can work with me if I tie up the shoe a little. I have the prelude 4s in that sz which feel good on my feet

So @s dubl, you think I'd be better off to go with the 12 instead of the 14 if I can't find a size 13 at a 'decent' price? I guess technically I'm a 12.5 and don't really want to pay a huge mark up on a shoe that isn't my size, but I feel that if I don't get it now I won't get it ever. 

I generally don't ignore people. If they low ball I tell em straight up stop low ballin, if I decline I tell em no thanks. No need to be rude and ignore people like u some big person or something and don't got time to respond. Now if someone offered me $180 for gammas I'd straight up laugh in their face
exactly

Back
Top Bottom