Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

So I had posted pics of my orthotic inserts I had purchased but never really gave a review on them. That's because I was waiting for my new custom orthos to come in and after breaking them in for a week gradually I played in them this morning. Here are my thoughts:

- the insert is pretty thin and I believe made out of phylon l, which would be different from the lunarlon and cushlon/forefoot-heel zoom setups I had previously hooped in. The ortho insert also has a thin heel zoom bag that can surprisingly be felt instantly whereas the insert that comes with elites took a little more time to feel even tho it is bigger

- for anyone with orthos, you know that once broken in these become more comfortable than the most comfortable shoe you've ever worn because, in essence, they make all shoes level from a comfort standpoint. The ortho is molded to your foot so when you put them on a new shoe it's like they've already been broken into except if there's a zoom or cushioning setup, however there are no break in pains. With the 8s, the ortho insert and the ortho on top of it still provided a roomy feel, so when playing in my superheroes, it was nice to have that dynamic fly wire to lock down the forefoot, the area with the most room in the shoe with orthos in. After a tight lacing, these were money.

I recommend anyone with orthotics to go the ortho insert route with their next iD purchase, it is a great feature for the 8. That was another gripe with the VIIs, there was simply no way to out your ortho in those without feeling like they were crushing your feet. Nike did it right with the 8s, kinda sucks we can't order just the I sett anymore tho...

Hope this helps someone out there lol! Mind the errors, I did this on my phone while waiting at the airport haha.
Thanks for this review man. My flat feet love lunarlon but I'll give the ortho insert a try if i get IDs.

thinking of selling my id's, so i can keep extra insoles... those blue/orange pair look like kd3 ea games

I thought the same thing but wish it was more yellow and orange.

I'm contemplating making my Id. I need to samples first. A few more weeks until people orders come in so I guess I'll know by then.

yup its been pretty quiet in here, were just waiting for our shoes to come in 
laugh.gif

Just can't pull the trigger because there's at least 4 pairs that I want.  Can't pick one...

I'm sure these have been made. Didn't really scroll through the pics to verify but I did the #COUNTONKOBE iD. I have kid hollywoods as well so I guess it was only right. I'll post higher resolution pics later on hopefully. Let me know what you guys think.

View media item 368674View media item 368676View media item 368681View media item 368682View media item 368685View media item 368688
hey forever made these... are the spots in it purple or blue.???

i may or may not make these or make them part of the WTK my friend and are are planing to make.

hey forever made these... are the spots in it purple or blue.???

i may or may not make these or make them part of the WTK my friend and are are planing to make.
Thats a laker CW upper so its purple... the pics are pretty clear on that

Thats a laker CW upper so its purple... the pics are pretty clear on that

I meant the scales. they look royal blue-ish in the pic.

in pics you can't tell the grey white scale one has hints of green scales. in pics they look like simple gray.

Just can't pull the trigger because there's at least 4 pairs that I want.  Can't pick one...
Sounds like you are broke or cheap lol

Trust me I know the feeling and sometimes you have to join the come on home mafia lol.

But seriously I have 4 that I am wanting to order but just cant/can but to broke/cheap right now.If they came through with that 20% off I would be all over them lol.

I think I got $50 in gift cards tho.

YOTS option gotta be the ugliest upper ever... hope nike replaces that option with a fade or solid option lol

My wife got me a pair of KD IVs on iD last year for Fathers Day, might have to drop the hint to pick me up some of these this year. I have a couple that I wouldn't mind grabbing.

Love Them! Yes I Made 2 Different Pairs, and I didn't want to make two different uppers because the holiday graphic and snakeskin pattern don't have a matching color blocking.  If you look at the WTK VII the uppers were different styles, however the color blocking was exactly the same.  I didn't want to go to crazy, just simple with a little loudness.
What did you do with the other pair since you made 2 pairs and swapped the feet? did you sell on ebay or did you have a friend who you did this with that had same size feet?

What did you do with the other pair since you made 2 pairs and swapped the feet? did you sell on ebay or did you have a friend who you did this with that had same size feet?
more then likely kept em both... i would lol 1 to rock 1 to stock (to use later down the line)

I have yet to iD a Kobe but I have been wanting to iD a "Yeezy Plat" inspired shoe for the summer.  I have 3 options each with a slight swoosh variations (light or dark) as the swoosh looks different from alternate angles (I want to closely blend the Swoosh with the upper).  I truly like them all but I really can't decide which one I like best.  I realize that the Yeezy inspirations are overplayed but I really like this combination...  

Suggestions/Thoughts?  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom