Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

Thanks, in that case, I would prob go with the teal midsole, not feeling the XDR + black. Or maybe just ditch the XDR idea altogether...
Yea just a heads up -- the XDR from Nike iD is not as thick and durable as the GC pairs...

Found this out the hard way.  I've only hooped in them outdoors a few times and they've been good so far, but when you hold them next to non-xdr pairs, you really can't see or feel any difference.

Those xdr soles look almost black. Interesting. Too bad they didn't make them like the GC xdr soles.
I know... I believe it was you and me that had this discussion haha.  But really, it's lame when you're paying 180 and settling for that one color.

Did you ever get a GC pair?

regular outsole vs. iD XDR  (click on the pics for a better view)

Last edited:
Those xdr soles look almost black. Interesting. Too bad they didn't make them like the GC xdr soles.
I know... I believe it was you and me that had this discussion haha.  But really, it's lame when you're paying 180 and settling for that one color.

Did you ever get a GC pair?
Yea I did. I had a pair of Xmas GC but can't bear the thought of trashing them outdoor, so I copped a pair of GC blue lights. You can tell the difference between the two. You should look into a pair.

Yea I did. I had a pair of Xmas GC but can't bear the thought of trashing them outdoor, so I copped a pair of GC blue lights. You can tell the difference between the two. You should look into a pair.
Nice! I'd also have a hard time using the Xmas outdoors.  I'm definitely thinking about a pair but I'm also an 11.5 and it's looking like I'd have to go up or down with the GCs

That sucks the XDR is the same as the regular outsoles maybe 1 mm thicker lol

Finally put in my order after seeing all the pairs posted and playing around with color placements for the longest time. It might look easy but I had a really hard time going back and forth which color lining and laces to go with lol. Will post pics as they come in. Hopefully before the Blue Blitz/Coral comes out. Might consider passing on those knowing that I will be satisfied with one pair of blue upper after seeing KVN's pair. Also the clear sole yellowing plays a part in that decision.

Anybody wearing their iDs already? Need to see on-feet pics. :nerd:

^Nice clean basic colors Sk33ter. Me likey. :smokin

Last edited:
XDR is just a different material rubber. arent GC just the same rubber with the inverted, thicker herringbone
according to iks mod , who has a pair of the xdr IDs, the cut of the soles are the same as the US release pairs. the material probably is thicker but having the GC sole looks to be a better move than IDing a pair of xdr TBH.

according to iks mod , who has a pair of the xdr IDs, the cut of the soles are the same as the US release pairs. the material probably is thicker but having the GC sole looks to be a better move than IDing a pair of xdr TBH.
Yea the iD XDR material may be thicker by like 1 mm if that.  Side-by-side and by bending the shoe and running your thumb over it, you really can't tell any difference...

Thanks fellas. After the sulfurs and the superheroes I just wanted something clean and simple that I could ball in wearing anything and rock casually. I'm more than happy.

Yea the iD XDR material may be thicker by like 1 mm if that.  Side-by-side and by bending the shoe and running your thumb over it, you really can't tell any difference...
did you try pressing w/ your thumb down along the side of the sole ( i did it on the inner side by the big toe)? i could feel the US pair give way when i pressed hard but w/ my GC it was very solid. i could feel a difference.

Last edited:
did you try pressing w/ your thumb down along the side of the sole ( i did it on the inner side by the big toe)? i could feel the US pair give way when i pressed hard but w/ my GC it was very solid. i could feel a difference.
I'm pretty sure I've done this... I've pressed all over most of the shoe but I'll have to double check.

Man I hated on the south beach knock off colorway, but these look too sick in person. Or maybe just a good camera??? :nerd:
To be honest, I think the picture looks almost exactly like my shoe lol. Maybe the picture I took made it look a little better haha. But to me, looks almost the same.

platinum uppers looking sick, now gotta decide whether I just want one for hoop or go the cowboys uni route, still haven't seen the navy or the bluer teal outsole if I'm not mistaken tho

platinum uppers looking sick, now gotta decide whether I just want one for hoop or go the cowboys uni route, still haven't seen the navy or the bluer teal outsole if I'm not mistaken tho

here's the atomic teal. I ordered a pair with the navy outsole today. Unless someone posts it, I'll post it next month. :x
nike-kobe-8-id-year-of-the-snake-id-sample-1.jpg

Sizing question for the ID's, I typically wear 11.5 in Jordan's but I prefer a 12 for my kobe 8's. I've read ID's are very true to size. Do you guys notice any difference between stock Kobe's and ID's?

Sizing question for the ID's, I typically wear 11.5 in Jordan's but I prefer a 12 for my kobe 8's. I've read ID's are very true to size. Do you guys notice any difference between stock Kobe's and ID's?
people say id's are tts because kobe 8's are tts

Pulled the trigger on these this morning. Inspired by those blitz blues coming out at the end of next month, but wanted a simple all blue color way. Will def post pics.

Back
Top Bottom