Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

I'm surprised how fast the id process took. I ordered a duke cw at the ending of last month and it'll be here next week Tuesday. Will post pics when it comes in.

Also, do you guys think it's possible to paint over the heel clip/midsole on the 8 id? Debating if I should get another id and attempt to make something similar to the kobe 6 Venice beach custom.

^^^ It is definitely possible with a trip to hobby lobby, the question is how long do you want it to last

Is nike id pretty chill with returns I would hate to order a pair and not like em or see a pair on here that I would rather have

Is nike id pretty chill with returns I would hate to order a pair and not like em or see a pair on here that I would rather have
as long as the shoe still DS and never worn to outside , u can return it , even u can return to the nike outlet for faster procedure

1) Do the NikeID shoes run the same size as the regular Kobe 8 shoes?******************** 2) Does the XDR outsole look aesthetically different than your regular solid outsole? For example, if comparing an XDR outsole to a black solid outsole, would they look the same or would there be a noticeable difference? (color, material)********************* 3) If I don't plan on playing with the NikeID shoes outdoors, is the XDR outsole still worth it? If I only use them as casual wear outside, wouldn't they essentially last longer? How would the XDR outsole perform if I happen to play indoors one day?////////////Bump///// Appreciate any help

Last edited:
as long as the shoe still DS and never worn to outside , u can return it , even u can return to the nike outlet for faster procedure

i believe you can return it for any reason before the 30 days. After that, the shoes gotta be brand new, unless it's a defect.

Has anyone seen this id combo in person, not the game worn pairs, an id pair? I know I'm not the first one to put it up here but since I saw these on Kobe's feet they are my fav colorway of the 8. Since there is no info regarding this cw release I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these. The platinum upper looks great on some of the posts in this thread I just know the minute I place the order Nike will add this pair to their release calender..what to do?!?!

mtr-569941953&bgc-na&wid-310

1) Do the NikeID shoes run the same size as the regular Kobe 8 shoes?******************** 2) Does the XDR outsole look aesthetically different than your regular solid outsole? For example, if comparing an XDR outsole to a black solid outsole, would they look the same or would there be a noticeable difference? (color, material)********************* 3) If I don't plan on playing with the NikeID shoes outdoors, is the XDR outsole still worth it? If I only use them as casual wear outside, wouldn't they essentially last longer? How would the XDR outsole perform if I happen to play indoors one day? ////////////Bump///// Appreciate any help
1) They should run the same as regular Kobe 8s.  If anyone experiences size difference it's gotta be due to the fact that no pair of shoes is identical, meaning the fit from pair-to-pair may SLIGHTLY vary.  My iDs feel about the same.

2)The XDR sole (from Nike iD, NOT 'GC' pairs) looks exactly the same material and pattern wise as the regular outsole.  The color is dark grey and not the same as the black.  See the pics in my NT profile under the kobe threads.  I did a comparison pic.

3) In my opinion, the XDR sole is NOT worth it if you don't plan on playing outdoors.  The 'GC' XDR outsole is sturdier, the Nike iD XDR outsole appears to be only slightly more durable.  As for playing indoors on the Nike iD XDR -- you'll be just fine.  Traction was still superb when I took them indoors.  'GC' xdr pairs might not be as good indoors though.

Hope this helps, just PM me if you have any more questions

Yeah those Home renditions are in my locker, scared to order then they release. If they aren't released by the time they announce they are taking iD down I'll order.

Has anyone seen this id combo in person, not the game worn pairs, an id pair? I know I'm not the first one to put it up here but since I saw these on Kobe's feet they are my fav colorway of the 8. Since there is no info regarding this cw release I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these. The platinum upper looks great on some of the posts in this thread I just know the minute I place the order Nike will add this pair to their release calender..what to do?!?!

mtr-569941953&bgc-na&wid-310

I have that pair in my locker as well. Just waiting to see if Nike will release the "Home" colorway first before I order them. iD for the 8 shouldn't be taken down until December, so there's still time.

1) Do the NikeID shoes run the same size as the regular Kobe 8 shoes?******************** 2) Does the XDR outsole look aesthetically different than your regular solid outsole? For example, if comparing an XDR outsole to a black solid outsole, would they look the same or would there be a noticeable difference? (color, material)********************* 3) If I don't plan on playing with the NikeID shoes outdoors, is the XDR outsole still worth it? If I only use them as casual wear outside, wouldn't they essentially last longer? How would the XDR outsole perform if I happen to play indoors one day? ////////////Bump///// Appreciate any help

The help you're looking for is in this thread. You would only need to go back about 5 pages and every question you've asked ha been covered

Back
Top Bottom