Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

tired.gif
@ the tongue logo not even stitched in and the graffiti smudge is consistent.

That's not bad compared to the white/black option. It's actually smudged right there like that on the Graffiti that released over the weekend. The pink flash looks the same as the pink flash flyknit one runner. The snake logo that's not stuck on properly is heat pressed on not stitched btw. I'd be more mad at that than the way the upper turned out. Get a code and save it for the new option if it's coming soon or wait for the 9s.

With all the complaints with the graffiti upper, maybe that's the one Nike will remove soon. 

I hope so. It's terrible.
At this point they could add more options to the Coral print and I'd be happy but I'd definitely like a new option. This Graf option is just hot garbage.

That's not bad compared to the white/black option. It's actually smudged right there like that on the Graffiti that released over the weekend. The pink flash looks the same as the pink flash flyknit one runner. The snake logo that's not stuck on properly is heat pressed on not stitched btw. I'd be more mad at that than the way the upper turned out. Get a code and save it for the new option if it's coming soon or wait for the 9s.
I was more so talking about the lack of similarity to their preview on nikeid compared to how it turns out in real life.

My main complaint with the upper is it's outrageously bland look in real life compared to online. The pink is a dull pink rather than a hot pink.

I knew the logo was not stitched, but the fact that it's falling off is pathetic. 

That pink base was the color I WAS going to order. Sucks they ruined this design like they did.
I would return those for sure. That quality is IMPRESSIVE. haa :x:smh:
wish they just would have never done it in the first place. Was so excited too.

just got some IDs in that I ordered for a friend overseas.... he used poison green outsole, I was amazed at how well it looks.

Now I think I might have to make a pair using poison green outsole...

that is dark grey my friend and I love it in person too, the stadium is too silvery and foil looking, I nearly went with black but some suggested to switch it up with the dark grey and I love how it turned out

my only beef is the kobe logo the tongue looks like crap, so bland, the best i've seen is the atomic teal, it actually has some detail to it

Last edited:
Along with not being able touse "MJ" initial, I got denied for using Bryant as well. I was able to place the order but was later emailed stating:

A Personal iD may be declined for any one of the following reasons:

- It might violate another party's trademark or other intellectual property rights. These may include words, phrases, celebrity's names, professional sports organizations and even certain color combinations when used in connection with particular words or geographic designations.

- It contains profanity, inappropriate slang, might be considered insulting or discriminatory, might be construed to incite violence, or may simply contain material that we do not wish to place on our products.

Along with not being able touse "MJ" initial, I got denied for using Bryant as well. I was able to place the order but was later emailed stating:

A Personal iD may be declined for any one of the following reasons:

- It might violate another party's trademark or other intellectual property rights. These may include words, phrases, celebrity's names, professional sports organizations and even certain color combinations when used in connection with particular words or geographic designations.

- It contains profanity, inappropriate slang, might be considered insulting or discriminatory, might be construed to incite violence, or may simply contain material that we do not wish to place on our products.
I also read the disclaimer and understood their intent, but I would say trying to put "BRYANT" is, although still crazy, a little more personal than the initials M and J. Bryant is a common last name, I'm sure, but I'm also sure there's more people out there with the initials M and J than there are people with the last name Bryant.

It's an outrageously pathetic rule.

Hey everyone .. new to the forum, but I've been following this thread for a while. Some great designs! Anyways, just got a tweet back from NikeID and they confirmed that the Kobe 8 and Coral Snake patterns will be available for a while still so no rush to get your pair by the end of the month. Sounds like they will be available for at least another month.

Last edited:
That's fast if they are getting rid of the Graffiti pattern. If they are, because GR Graffitis not selling as fast?

Last edited:
Hey everyone .. new to the forum, but I've following this thread for a while. Some great designs! Anyways, just got a tweet back from NikeID and they confirmed that the Kobe 8 and Coral Snake patterns will be available for a while still so no rush to get your pair by the end of the month. Sounds like they will be available for at least another month.

I asked them a straight forward question 2 days ago and no reply. Someone posted that nike id twitter said that the graffiti are staying for awhile. Now they're stating coral and kobe 8 around for awhile.

the most sensible thing Nike can do is: keep current upper options up and expand Kobe 8 ID similarly to the limitless possibilities of the KD6 ID.

Nike would make huge profits finishing off the 8 heading into the overpriced 9s.The last few GRs have sucked(including the PPs).

But one can only dream...

Back
Top Bottom