Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

Originally Posted by upandcoming

Originally Posted by al3x89

6s feel a lot more roomy and more comfortable than the 5s but still wouldnt recommend..

no one should listen to you because you didn't even talk about performance. 
ok well since youre gonna be like that...
eyes.gif

the zk5 imo was a flop for those who were looking forward to a revamp and improvement to the zk4
the zk5 seem to be the first shoe to debut a skinwire type material
the shoe incorporated zoom air in the forefoot and heel unit as most of the kobe shoes
but the feel to them as similar to the hyperdunk 2010 has an odd plastic feel to it
and for when you cut and such it felt as though the toe box was not wide enough and the pinkie toe would often rub
without a doubt kobe will always put out a shoe that has more positives than negatives
ie the traction was decent, with a new pattern, it was wrapped for the most part in flywire, the heel piece did feel like you were more secure, and as said the zoom air is a favorite
but with the negatives the shape of the shoe felt narrow( and i have a normal to slightly wide foot), the toe box was cramped, the foot didnt feel padded enough inside the shoe and it almost felt as though you were not locked down so to speak and eventhough they fit true to size (i have 12s in them) there doesnt seem to be enough padding around your forefoot!

the zk6 on the other hand was better constructed imo
i like the fact that nike has scrapped leather from this shoe and instead replaced it with the "snakeskin" also underneath it the shoe is covered from end of heel counter to toe area with flywire but closely woven which would aid in better support with better flexibility
with these the foot doesnt feel constricted and i feel like when making the cuts it doesnt seem to rub such as zk5
the zk6 also has the zoom air
they do fit about a half size big for me as my zk1-zk5s are all 12s but zk6s are 11.5 but this is because of the flexible material that doesnt constrict you
another new traction which i do not feel fully grounded but still have not yet experienced slippage
this shoe feels as though it should have been the zk5
i do not like the look all together but it is growing on me
performance wise it is a better shoe as to you can feel yourself secured yet with better padding and flexibility

the reason i say i dont recommend either is because of the fact that the new lebron 8 and 8 v/2 has such a better cushioning feel to it than the zk6
this year lebron did win imo
but people have said it is too high and too bulky (eventhough its one of his lightest to date)
this i do not agree with
the air max gives much more than the lbj7s and when compared to a kobe anyone (lebron lover or not) can tell you that the lebron feels better
and the flywire may not be wrapped around like the kobe but the carbon fiber strengthened flywire is a nice touch in the secure feeling
but this thread is about whether or not the zk6 performs better than the zk5
imo yes it does
hope this sheds some light
happy.gif

thank you. 
however, as for your lebron comment... you can have the most comfortable shoe in the world, if it's not responsive then most people won't care

i'm sure the airmax unit (once broken in) is more comfortable than zoom, but zoom is more responsive from my experience, and therefore that's why i prefer kobe's over lebron's. 

Originally Posted by al3x89

6s feel a lot more roomy and more comfortable than the 5s but still wouldnt recommend..

no one should listen to you because you didn't even talk about performance. 
ok well since youre gonna be like that...
eyes.gif

the zk5 imo was a flop for those who were looking forward to a revamp and improvement to the zk4
the zk5 seem to be the first shoe to debut a skinwire type material
the shoe incorporated zoom air in the forefoot and heel unit as most of the kobe shoes
but the feel to them as similar to the hyperdunk 2010 has an odd plastic feel to it
and for when you cut and such it felt as though the toe box was not wide enough and the pinkie toe would often rub
without a doubt kobe will always put out a shoe that has more positives than negatives
ie the traction was decent, with a new pattern, it was wrapped for the most part in flywire, the heel piece did feel like you were more secure, and as said the zoom air is a favorite
but with the negatives the shape of the shoe felt narrow( and i have a normal to slightly wide foot), the toe box was cramped, the foot didnt feel padded enough inside the shoe and it almost felt as though you were not locked down so to speak and eventhough they fit true to size (i have 12s in them) there doesnt seem to be enough padding around your forefoot!

the zk6 on the other hand was better constructed imo
i like the fact that nike has scrapped leather from this shoe and instead replaced it with the "snakeskin" also underneath it the shoe is covered from end of heel counter to toe area with flywire but closely woven which would aid in better support with better flexibility
with these the foot doesnt feel constricted and i feel like when making the cuts it doesnt seem to rub such as zk5
the zk6 also has the zoom air
they do fit about a half size big for me as my zk1-zk5s are all 12s but zk6s are 11.5 but this is because of the flexible material that doesnt constrict you
another new traction which i do not feel fully grounded but still have not yet experienced slippage
this shoe feels as though it should have been the zk5
i do not like the look all together but it is growing on me
performance wise it is a better shoe as to you can feel yourself secured yet with better padding and flexibility

the reason i say i dont recommend either is because of the fact that the new lebron 8 and 8 v/2 has such a better cushioning feel to it than the zk6
this year lebron did win imo
but people have said it is too high and too bulky (eventhough its one of his lightest to date)
this i do not agree with
the air max gives much more than the lbj7s and when compared to a kobe anyone (lebron lover or not) can tell you that the lebron feels better
and the flywire may not be wrapped around like the kobe but the carbon fiber strengthened flywire is a nice touch in the secure feeling
but this thread is about whether or not the zk6 performs better than the zk5
imo yes it does
hope this sheds some light
happy.gif

thank you. 
however, as for your lebron comment... you can have the most comfortable shoe in the world, if it's not responsive then most people won't care

i'm sure the airmax unit (once broken in) is more comfortable than zoom, but zoom is more responsive from my experience, and therefore that's why i prefer kobe's over lebron's. 

i feel you on that
but ive always liked how my air max bball shoes never felt like they gave out and become flat like some zoom anf zoom air shoes
this again is based on opinion  
and as for my first comment al3x i was only stopping in really quickly
i can talk performance about a lot of shoes all day
just wanted to throw my two cents in and move on with my day

i feel you on that
but ive always liked how my air max bball shoes never felt like they gave out and become flat like some zoom anf zoom air shoes
this again is based on opinion  
and as for my first comment al3x i was only stopping in really quickly
i can talk performance about a lot of shoes all day
just wanted to throw my two cents in and move on with my day

^Depends if you want court feel or cushioning...lows or ankle support...if you're a guard or forward...lightweight or a bit more protection? There are a lot of factors when asking what shoe you think would be better for you...me, I pick the Kobe VI's over the Lebron VIII v2s because I feel that the Lebron's are just too high from the court for me. Take into account that I am 5'8" and 170 pounds......

^Depends if you want court feel or cushioning...lows or ankle support...if you're a guard or forward...lightweight or a bit more protection? There are a lot of factors when asking what shoe you think would be better for you...me, I pick the Kobe VI's over the Lebron VIII v2s because I feel that the Lebron's are just too high from the court for me. Take into account that I am 5'8" and 170 pounds......

I would say about the same through the midfoot and forefoot. slightly narrower at the heel. overall fit is as good or better than the V...in other words, better than great.

I would say about the same through the midfoot and forefoot. slightly narrower at the heel. overall fit is as good or better than the V...in other words, better than great.

I see a lot of big men in the NBA wearing the kobe Vs so shoe preference is really just that.
a preference. there are no rules but merely recommendations. Nate Robinson has been wearing
them lebron 7 and 8s for more than 1 season now.

you really have to try the shoes yourself and see what your prefer.
I'm 5'7 at 155-160 and I prefer the kobe 6 over the brons.
these zk6s are just awesome. just plain awesome.

traction wise and cushioning wise. great overall basketball shoe.

top 3 BALLING shoes
1.zk6 AND zk4
2.zk5
3.adidas low cut creators.

I see a lot of big men in the NBA wearing the kobe Vs so shoe preference is really just that.
a preference. there are no rules but merely recommendations. Nate Robinson has been wearing
them lebron 7 and 8s for more than 1 season now.

you really have to try the shoes yourself and see what your prefer.
I'm 5'7 at 155-160 and I prefer the kobe 6 over the brons.
these zk6s are just awesome. just plain awesome.

traction wise and cushioning wise. great overall basketball shoe.

top 3 BALLING shoes
1.zk6 AND zk4
2.zk5
3.adidas low cut creators.

I have balled 8 hours in my Grinchs over the past two weeks, and so far I am very impressed. My previous go to shoes were the Jordan XIV from their initial release, until the ZK5 (with a few odd ones thrown in, only notable one was the XVI low).

I have absolutely no grip problems, but the socks I wear greatly impact the comfort in the toe box. The thicker, softer socks (adidas performace), gave me some discomfort, while the skin tight thin nike dri fit socks (old), and similar material under armour have been great. I haven't bought a second pair yet, but thinking about it, after having to scrub my grinchs when some fool with dirty shoes messed up my grinchs.

I will say, that I am thinking about going down a half size, as the toe box seems to be loose, but I have a narrow foot. Will let you guys know how I feel after balling in size 11's and size 11.5's.

I have balled 8 hours in my Grinchs over the past two weeks, and so far I am very impressed. My previous go to shoes were the Jordan XIV from their initial release, until the ZK5 (with a few odd ones thrown in, only notable one was the XVI low).

I have absolutely no grip problems, but the socks I wear greatly impact the comfort in the toe box. The thicker, softer socks (adidas performace), gave me some discomfort, while the skin tight thin nike dri fit socks (old), and similar material under armour have been great. I haven't bought a second pair yet, but thinking about it, after having to scrub my grinchs when some fool with dirty shoes messed up my grinchs.

I will say, that I am thinking about going down a half size, as the toe box seems to be loose, but I have a narrow foot. Will let you guys know how I feel after balling in size 11's and size 11.5's.

I am having the same problem with the toe box.  I usually wear a 10 in Kobes, but I wish I would have copped these in a 9.5.

Jason John Gambrills, MD

I am having the same problem with the toe box.  I usually wear a 10 in Kobes, but I wish I would have copped these in a 9.5.

Jason John Gambrills, MD

i agree, somehow it does fit different from the zk5's, i felt my foot sliding out of the shoe when its not fully laced at the top. but overall this was much better and was more easier to break in.

i agree, somehow it does fit different from the zk5's, i felt my foot sliding out of the shoe when its not fully laced at the top. but overall this was much better and was more easier to break in.

Lot of people have been saying the Grinches run a little bigger than the Del Sols though. Might be good to just try them on for yourself for your next pairs.

Back
Top Bottom