Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

Lot of people have been saying the Grinches run a little bigger than the Del Sols though. Might be good to just try them on for yourself for your next pairs.

Hooped in these today...first off I will say these are an upgrade from the Kobe V's. I loved the fit and lockdown. Traction was a bit of a letdown, but I'm use to Kobe IV squeeky traction. These are great shoes but I'll put these at number 3 behind the Kobe IV's and Jordan XIX SE...great breathability on the VI's though. Cushion starts out a bit stiff, but it all comes around after a few games. I'm going to check out the CP3.IV's next because I keep hearing great things about them. Hope this little review helped someone......

Hooped in these today...first off I will say these are an upgrade from the Kobe V's. I loved the fit and lockdown. Traction was a bit of a letdown, but I'm use to Kobe IV squeeky traction. These are great shoes but I'll put these at number 3 behind the Kobe IV's and Jordan XIX SE...great breathability on the VI's though. Cushion starts out a bit stiff, but it all comes around after a few games. I'm going to check out the CP3.IV's next because I keep hearing great things about them. Hope this little review helped someone......

Originally Posted by jman8811

^Depends if you want court feel or cushioning...lows or ankle support...if you're a guard or forward...lightweight or a bit more protection? There are a lot of factors when asking what shoe you think would be better for you...me, I pick the Kobe VI's over the Lebron VIII v2s because I feel that the Lebron's are just too high from the court for me. Take into account that I am 5'8" and 170 pounds......

a lower cut shoe isn't going to give you less ankle support. 
i see more players rolling their ankles in high tops than low tops. 

just this season:

stephen curry - hyperfuse and hyperdunks

lebron james - lebron 8

chris kaman - i believe he rolled his ankle in an airmax shoe (lebron 8 or airmax hyperdunk)

jerryd bayless - some adidas shoe, not sure of the name

beasley - again, another high-top adidas shoe

tyreke evans - nike hyperdunk 2010

daniel gibson - lebron soldiers

ben wallace - nike hyperfuse

probably a couple of more players but i just did a quick list.

as for lows, kobe bryant - ya he rolled his ankle in the ZK4/5, but did he miss significant amount of time? as far as i can remember, no

Originally Posted by jman8811

^Depends if you want court feel or cushioning...lows or ankle support...if you're a guard or forward...lightweight or a bit more protection? There are a lot of factors when asking what shoe you think would be better for you...me, I pick the Kobe VI's over the Lebron VIII v2s because I feel that the Lebron's are just too high from the court for me. Take into account that I am 5'8" and 170 pounds......

a lower cut shoe isn't going to give you less ankle support. 
i see more players rolling their ankles in high tops than low tops. 

just this season:

stephen curry - hyperfuse and hyperdunks

lebron james - lebron 8

chris kaman - i believe he rolled his ankle in an airmax shoe (lebron 8 or airmax hyperdunk)

jerryd bayless - some adidas shoe, not sure of the name

beasley - again, another high-top adidas shoe

tyreke evans - nike hyperdunk 2010

daniel gibson - lebron soldiers

ben wallace - nike hyperfuse

probably a couple of more players but i just did a quick list.

as for lows, kobe bryant - ya he rolled his ankle in the ZK4/5, but did he miss significant amount of time? as far as i can remember, no

^ You see more people rolling their ankles in mids because more people play in mids.

I agree, a low top isn't going to give you less ankle support. I think the greatest contributing factor or cause of ankle injuries is landing on other people's feet. If you take out all of the ankle injuries sustained because the player landed on someone else's foot, I think the overall number would be a lot less.

But it's strictly numbers when it comes to your statement about mids. The amount of players who wear mids is much, much higher than people who play in lows. Let's say the percentage of players who get ankle injuries, whether in lows or mids, is 10%.

If 500 players play in mids, 50 will have ankle injuries.

If 50 players play in lows, 5 will have ankle injuries.

^ You see more people rolling their ankles in mids because more people play in mids.

I agree, a low top isn't going to give you less ankle support. I think the greatest contributing factor or cause of ankle injuries is landing on other people's feet. If you take out all of the ankle injuries sustained because the player landed on someone else's foot, I think the overall number would be a lot less.

But it's strictly numbers when it comes to your statement about mids. The amount of players who wear mids is much, much higher than people who play in lows. Let's say the percentage of players who get ankle injuries, whether in lows or mids, is 10%.

ya that's true, but i honestly cannot recall an incident where a player wearing the kobe's missed significant time due to an ankle injury..

the biggest factor in my opinion, is how high the shoe is off the ground. the kobe's, are pretty low to the ground, whereas the lebrons are higher off the ground because of the airmax unit. i think this plays a huge role in ankle injuries.

i also think that if you land on somebody's foot in a shoe that's higher off the ground, the severity of the sprain will increase.

ya that's true, but i honestly cannot recall an incident where a player wearing the kobe's missed significant time due to an ankle injury..

the biggest factor in my opinion, is how high the shoe is off the ground. the kobe's, are pretty low to the ground, whereas the lebrons are higher off the ground because of the airmax unit. i think this plays a huge role in ankle injuries.

i also think that if you land on somebody's foot in a shoe that's higher off the ground, the severity of the sprain will increase.

Even when I land on someone's foot in the Kobe's it doesn't hurt me. Kobe's line is the best performing right now
pimp.gif

Even when I land on someone's foot in the Kobe's it doesn't hurt me. Kobe's line is the best performing right now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I think no matter what you wear, if you land on someone's foot, your ankle will roll.
the support that high top basketball shoes give is just not enough to stop your ankles
from breaking. I think the best way to counteract this or to channel this is to keep your
shoes low to the ground to decrease the axis of the bending motion. so air max shoes
or any shoe that has a high clearance off the ground is bad for rolling ankles period.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I think no matter what you wear, if you land on someone's foot, your ankle will roll.
the support that high top basketball shoes give is just not enough to stop your ankles
from breaking. I think the best way to counteract this or to channel this is to keep your
shoes low to the ground to decrease the axis of the bending motion. so air max shoes
or any shoe that has a high clearance off the ground is bad for rolling ankles period.

Originally Posted by AJ Kickz

I have balled 8 hours in my Grinchs over the past two weeks, and so far I am very impressed. My previous go to shoes were the Jordan XIV from their initial release, until the ZK5 (with a few odd ones thrown in, only notable one was the XVI low).

I have absolutely no grip problems, but the socks I wear greatly impact the comfort in the toe box. The thicker, softer socks (adidas performace), gave me some discomfort, while the skin tight thin nike dri fit socks (old), and similar material under armour have been great. I haven't bought a second pair yet, but thinking about it, after having to scrub my grinchs when some fool with dirty shoes messed up my grinchs.

I will say, that I am thinking about going down a half size, as the toe box seems to be loose, but I have a narrow foot. Will let you guys know how I feel after balling in size 11's and size 11.5's.

Just tried on the white/blue/blk ZKVI in an 11 and 11.5, and the size is definitely different from the grinchs. I will keep buying the 11.5's (Rice's are next for me, those will be my balling shoes for the rest of the season). Footlocker didn't have Del Sols in an 11 or 11.5 to try. Rocking Del Sol V's for tonights game. Putting those Grinchs on ice for a while.

Originally Posted by AJ Kickz

I have balled 8 hours in my Grinchs over the past two weeks, and so far I am very impressed. My previous go to shoes were the Jordan XIV from their initial release, until the ZK5 (with a few odd ones thrown in, only notable one was the XVI low).

I have absolutely no grip problems, but the socks I wear greatly impact the comfort in the toe box. The thicker, softer socks (adidas performace), gave me some discomfort, while the skin tight thin nike dri fit socks (old), and similar material under armour have been great. I haven't bought a second pair yet, but thinking about it, after having to scrub my grinchs when some fool with dirty shoes messed up my grinchs.

I will say, that I am thinking about going down a half size, as the toe box seems to be loose, but I have a narrow foot. Will let you guys know how I feel after balling in size 11's and size 11.5's.

Just tried on the white/blue/blk ZKVI in an 11 and 11.5, and the size is definitely different from the grinchs. I will keep buying the 11.5's (Rice's are next for me, those will be my balling shoes for the rest of the season). Footlocker didn't have Del Sols in an 11 or 11.5 to try. Rocking Del Sol V's for tonights game. Putting those Grinchs on ice for a while.

The cut of the shoe isn't the problem. It's the height off the ground that matters. Remember rondo messed his ankle up when he decided to break out the 360 lows? DONE. No issues with th hyper dunk mid though. 360 units with guards is just w mess.

The cut of the shoe isn't the problem. It's the height off the ground that matters. Remember rondo messed his ankle up when he decided to break out the 360 lows? DONE. No issues with th hyper dunk mid though. 360 units with guards is just w mess.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

exactly. 
when rondo rolled his ankle in those 360 lows, i thought he was done for months. it was that ugly 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

exactly. 
when rondo rolled his ankle in those 360 lows, i thought he was done for months. it was that ugly 
sick.gif

I haven't seen or heard anyone injured their ankle while wearing Kobe yet. The only person i could think of is Nate Robinson when he wore the KB IV but that was when he landed awkwardly on someone feet while grabbing a board. The low top myth should be debunked by now

I haven't seen or heard anyone injured their ankle while wearing Kobe yet. The only person i could think of is Nate Robinson when he wore the KB IV but that was when he landed awkwardly on someone feet while grabbing a board. The low top myth should be debunked by now

Back
Top Bottom