Zoom Lebron VII Little info....NO Pics!!!!

for me, personally, that big swoosh makes it look 10x as cheap. If they were to implement a design instead of the swoosh (like in the foamposite, XX3, or eventhe ZLIV) they would look more sophisticated and like a high-end basketball shoe.

Well many of you (which Im surprised) are on the right thinking with your assessments of why Big Youngin would leave the Swoosh.. BUT some there are tooarrogant to believe it can happen.

Boy Oh Boy... lololol Will some be surprised.

Dont be fooled if some folks in some towns get pegged to be on Camera soon talking about their Highs and Lows with the Lebron Line.. Even I admit.. there havebeen good moments..

But...

Shhhhh.. dont tell anyone what I wrote.

I can't see dude jumpin' to another brand. Though he doesn't strike me as a hardcore Nike fan at heart.

But damn, let's say he does jump to UA or wherever. The company will be on his twig and berries hard body, so he'l l be given the keys to the car, thushim and his crew will be allowed to do whatever in terms of marketing etc.

The keys to the car are fine and all, but it doesn't mean success. Look what happened to KG when he left Nike for And1. I don't think that worked outall too well. I know he's a big man and all, but his shoes sold better than most big man shoes when he was with Nike...

-S

49668070bc22687ee8225f.jpg

Latest.Taken from "other site".Seen on Kenlu.

*sigh*
these remind me too much of what the Zoom Power...I hate that look. somethin about it looks cheap and stiff.

the 2nd render 1 and 12 did was nice, but like someone else said, I think Im already over flywire

IDK.....I'll reserve judgement till we see better pics or maybe other colorways

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

There hasn't been a good Lebron since the 3.
tired.gif
eyes.gif

4's? 5's?

and have you balled ina pair of 6's?

straight stupid comfy...

as far as the 7's they look OK, gotta get another colorway,

but other than that right now they look CRACK!!!

The 4's were too bulky, 5's were pretty ugly imo. But your right 6's were nice.

Originally Posted by si3n4

The keys to the car are fine and all, but it doesn't mean success. Look what happened to KG when he left Nike for And1. I don't think that worked out all too well. I know he's a big man and all, but his shoes sold better than most big man shoes when he was with Nike...

-S
my thoughts exactly.

If Lebron decided to switch up brands, and end his relationship with Nike, what happens to his L23 logo???? Does he keep it cuz isnt it nikes copyrightedproperty?? Wonder what a Lebron UA logo would look like or a 3 stripe Lebron Logo.... hmmm

I personally don't think UA can compete with nike for the kind of Cash LBJ is expecting. Don't see it happening. But if it does, they are gonna have tostep up their hoops designs BIG TIME.

u guys have to think that maybe they will scrap this whole design like they did for the vi's

Originally Posted by wmg23

If Lebron decided to switch up brands, and end his relationship with Nike, what happens to his L23 logo???? Does he keep it cuz isnt it nikes copyrighted property?? Wonder what a Lebron UA logo would look like or a 3 stripe Lebron Logo.... hmmm
That logo isn't even great to start... thats an easy drop and move to the next sir.

There's PLENTY of Options for a NEW Lebron Logo...

I personally don't think UA can compete with nike for the kind of Cash LBJ is expecting. Don't see it happening. But if it does, they are gonna have to step up their hoops designs BIG TIME.

Vocal.. this is the point I make.

There is room for that But.. .AND yes.. Design and those within it have to change or get off the pot and let someone else sit down.

I also am not of the thought or insight that Bron is looking for the Big Payday.. as opposed to making a difference with the brand he is with and growing WITH that Brand.. not just being another Cog in the Machine.

I do think Know folks are sleeping over there in JR and NR assuming its going to be an easy pull. Imagine he wins the Chip AND wants to dip...

Oh me Oh my...

Originally Posted by never wear them

some observations.....

Good points. I have a feeling that won't be nylon though. You know Nike has to find a way to screw up the shoe.

i kinda want to see it happen. nike hasn't been coming hard enough to justify some of these price tags on his stuff.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by Kid LeBron

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Meh.

Hope LeBron goes to Under Armour. It's time.
wink.gif
lebron - zoom air = New Balance bball kicks

It's true that Zoom is great but even Zoom can't save every shoe it's put in. LBJ V and VI have been stylistic and commercial flops, in my opinion, (certainly not where they could, or should, have been) and this new VII looks like a team Nike shoe. Either Nike designers are confused about the type of player LeBron is and what his appeal is, or they simply don't have what it takes any longer.

Under Armour can make LeBron's sneaker appeal young again by putting all of their attention, resources, and energy behind him. I have this idea that they can explode with something genuinely new and LeBron is the athlete to open that door. And tell me the sneaker industry doesn't need something like this to happen. Clearly, complacency has dulled things. I really think the Nike/LeBron partnership has run its course; it simply didn't blow up like everyone thought; even the best LeBrons weren't sell-out phenoms (sneakerheads love the II's but even they ended up in outlets for $69.99 in plentiful amounts). At this point, his shoe line is mediocre. AZG was a great start, II was tremendous and the best in the line, III was a fresh design that kept it moving, and IV was a big leap forward and a great shoe.

On a side note, New Balance may not be a very "exciting" brand, but their shoes have been on point for decades. Their focus is on running and I applaud them for that. In my opinion, their running shoes dominate everyone else's.

interesting thoughts, while no doubt if LBJ were to bounce to UA it would definitely a topic for discussion; it would not be nearly a as big a deal people seemto think it would be...it has already been noted that the LBJ line has not been the "success it could/should have been" on nike, perhaps the bestmarketing company on the planet, are things going to be all that different on UA (no doubt they are up & coming but they aren't seeing the swoosh interms of marketing, say what you will about flywire/lunar /foam/the hyperdunk but what they most definitely). there's definitely complacency, but ihesitate to put it all on nike/sneaker industry, consumers take some of the rap too...

it is becoming more apparent that while individuals are still key selling tools, the era of the signature athlete a.ka. the jordan model (at least in thestates) is closing; combine that with basketball as as sport has somewhat reached maturity (in the states) as well as the increasing tendency for people buyinghoops kicks as strictly for ball exclusively then throw in the retro movement (not to mention that we all know if a shoe is a general release we can likelyjust wait until it gets discounted to cop--which is the very definition of complacency) and you had the recipe for a less than stellar showing when it comes tobball shoes in general. think of all the shoes that people dote over now that were absolutely slept on (by the general public who were all buying retros) whenthey 1st dropped (i won't name names for many were overlooked...)

i don't know that it would be in UA's best interest to get at LBJ, it be a grip of $$$; it'd definitely be interesting to see, would people stuckwith the brand or the individual? so far the track record hasn't been too good, though not quite the same circumstances...

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Originally Posted by wmg23

Although the VII looks decent, IMO i dont think it is as good as the VI... I love the look of the VI and i wish i had the money to buy every pair that came out but couldnt... VII is not horrible but it looks like a cross between the BB 1 and the new Huarache... Lebron going to UA would be very interesting... UA needs a major star under contract with them and just like some one above said, they can put all the backing behind Lebrons line because they dont have to worry about satisfying other major Athletes... Nike really does need to fire those 50 and 60 year olds and hire BP to do all of the designs lol... but seriously tho they need to..

I would definately rock a pair of Under Armour Lebron I if that happens.. So if any of you had to predict, what is the likely hood that Under Armour can sign Lebron and when exactly this year or next is Lebrons contract up>???? I see it now... Under Armour Lebron I, November 2010... You heard it hear first lol

O RLY?
roll.gif

LMAO!!! NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!...... Sorry to bust your hype bubble.... but go stand in line with the so-called release of that info since it aint new news....lol... But I will be sure to ask Rich and Randy during the playoffs....
wink.gif

tokes... good points on your part...but everyone keeps speaking on how much money it would take to get him. Thats something I think many are over thinking. IREALLY wish I could speak on this more, but I have learned my lesson KNOWING who reads this and tipping hands.....

There is ALOT that HAS been said with good points... and counter points... but you have to think outside the box when it comes to Brons future and his possibleoptions.

Trust me. Its not all so clear cut...

Trust me... I LOVE the SWOOSH... but not so much to think they can lose at one point or another.

Ive said this before and you will see it again. Arrogance will blind those who assume at the Swoosh.

interesting thoughts, while no doubt if LBJ were to bounce to UA it would definitely a topic for discussion; it would not be nearly a as big a deal people seem to think it would be...it has already been noted that the LBJ line has not been the "success it could/should have been" on nike, perhaps the best marketing company on the planet, are things going to be all that different on UA (no doubt they are up & coming but they aren't seeing the swoosh in terms of marketing, say what you will about flywire/lunar /foam/the hyperdunk but what they most definitely). there's definitely complacency, but i hesitate to put it all on nike/sneaker industry, consumers take some of the rap too...

it is becoming more apparent that while individuals are still key selling tools, the era of the signature athlete a.ka. the jordan model (at least in the states) is closing; combine that with basketball as as sport has somewhat reached maturity (in the states) as well as the increasing tendency for people buying hoops kicks as strictly for ball exclusively then throw in the retro movement (not to mention that we all know if a shoe is a general release we can likely just wait until it gets discounted to cop--which is the very definition of complacency) and you had the recipe for a less than stellar showing when it comes to bball shoes in general. think of all the shoes that people dote over now that were absolutely slept on (by the general public who were all buying retros) when they 1st dropped (i won't name names for many were overlooked...)

i don't know that it would be in UA's best interest to get at LBJ, it be a grip of $$$; it'd definitely be interesting to see, would people stuck with the brand or the individual? so far the track record hasn't been too good, though not quite the same circumstances...

Good points raised.

Speaking to those points, you mentioned Nike's top tier marketing which, it's true, no other company has. However, even with their marketing resourcesto promote perhaps the best player in the world (arguably LBJ), LeBron's shoe line has still been lackluster overall.

That's a big reason why LeBron going to UA is not unrealistic.

From UA's standpoint: They get the biggest athlete in the world to represent their relatively fledgling brand. Instant worldwideexposure/interest. As far as what they pay him, I'm willing to venture a guess that LeBron would not hamstring UA financially by expecting a Nike-likecontract. (Chances are that if he's willing to go to UA, he's not preoccupied with the money in the first place.) UA does this deal becauseit's LeBron James, it instantly bolsters the entire company in virtually every way, and the company instantly becomes a serious player in the industry. Let's not forget the other athletes from basketball and other sports that LeBron can draw to UA (enormous potential). Also, what UA may lack inNike's marketing savvy they exponentially make up for with A) a groundswell of buzz about LBJ in a new shoe with a new company and B) LeBron himself beingthe face of an entire company, not just a premier athlete in a stable of great athletes as he is now with Nike.

From LBJ's standpoint: He gets to start fresh with an entirely new approach, with a company single-mindedly devoted to designing for himand promoting him. The name "Under Armour" actually lends itself to the powerful, dominant image of LeBron the basketball player. A6'8'', 250 lb. physical freak and the iron-like imagery of the name "Under Armour" just works right out of the box. He becomes thecompany in this regard; LBJ is UA and UA is LBJ. This symbiotic relationship is far beyond what Nike can offer or ever create in a marketing campaign. Rather than have Zoom, double-stacked Zoom, etc. in every shoe from here on out, UA can develop technology around LBJ's requirements and preferences. Also, LeBron's shoes are in a downward track. LBJ V and VI were Strikes 1 and 2, and VII is shaping up to be Strike-3-and-you're-out. What reasondoes LeBron have to believe his line will ever rebound from these disappointments (forget having a Jordanesque line)? LeBron has also reached a point wherehe's dominating the NBA as arguably the best player in the world. His recognition alone takes care of exposure concerns. He really has nothing to lose bygoing to UA. What does he do? Stay safe with Nike, who is designing him out of the sneaker industry and his line into irrelevance/obscurity, and wheresuccess is less assured each year, or jump to UA where something not only truly new can be built for him but also for the industry itself, and where his statuscovers any potential downside anyway?

This situation is reminiscent of MJ and Nike back in '84. Dynamic athlete. Company that is willing to put itself behind that athlete. It's a chance,for sure. But when there's an opportunity to do something like this, athletes and companies cannot afford to play it safe. Both LeBron and Under Armourare at the place and time to jump into this together. LeBron needs UA's maverick approach (something not even Nike can offer him), and UA needs arguablythe best athlete in the world to skyrocket their entire company both short term and long term.

Besides money and "safety", I don't see what keeps LeBron at Nike at this point.

You are forgetting about one thing... you focused on the marketing, money and the freedom that comes with signing with an unknown (basketball-wise) brand...but there's one more VERY IMPORTANT aspect. If I were LeBron I would ask myself can UA give me a good performing shoe?! You talk about V and VI beingstrikes 1 and 2 and VII (before seeing the output) is 3. But actually those are GREAT kicks. ZLVis IMHO the best all-around Zoom LeBron sneaker thus far. I still don't think there's anything with better traction out there. LeBron seemed to enjoyThe Six too as he's been jumping right out of the gym this season. Also, no injuries... nothing! VII... well we haven't even seen it yet... but mysources claim it to be a performance beast as well. Looks are boring (based on one blurry pic)... I wil give you that... but let's wait a while before wejudge it. So being used to the best kicks on the market and the unmatchable Zoom Air technology (... and more) I would be really AFRAID (yes that's theright word) that signing with UA would result in a big downgrade. Let's face it... he's the best player in the NBA... he needs good shoes to play 100games a year... and it takes time to develop technology that would match with Nike's best stuff. I would be also worried about injuries and such, so Iwould really think twice. It's no secret LeBron wants to earn money, but there's more to it.
Nike can't afford to lose the face of the brand... and neither can LeBron. That's my take.

LeBron James is my idol... true. But that's not the only reason why I buy his shoes. The most important thing for me is basketball performance and if hisUA kicks would be bad for balling I WOULD REFUSE to buy them. End of story. I would focus on Zoom BB 3,4,5 or whatever else from Nike's top shelf instead.

V and VI may perform well but they're commerical flops.

I also should have mentioned that, of course, any UA shoe they offered him would have to perform.

Look, I'd understand if LeBron stays OR leaves. There are legitimate reasons for each choice.

Can I see LeBron feeling comfortable with Nike's resources and technology? Definitely.

Can I see LeBron leaving Nike because, aside from Zoom, they have nothing that will turn his line around (in terms of sales and impact)? Yes.

I want SOOOO Badly to be able to expound on this subject. My Fin fingers are BURNING to type some +@$... But THEY are watching and I wont be giving them a LICKto grab from when it comes to this topic. Kharma starts soon.

BUT I will say this.

To Gregs point about Performance. UA not having the Nike R&D Machine behind them FORCES UA to be creative in what they DO have. Have they had to do this tothis point? Not at all. They have only wanted a Foothold IN the industry. However do you think they would cut corners on Design and Technology concepts ifLebron stepped to the table?

Negative Ghostrider.

Speaking to the point of Lebrons line compared to any other line. Jordans line had design elements that were original and remained original to HIS line. Bronsline takes elements from other elements of Nike's line. When you read Cement or Element or Air.. you think Jordan.

When you read Zoom you think of several shoes within Nikes line.. Not just Lebron. Heck even Kobe is taking on the Lunar Foam as his own...(unfortunately)

As for the success of Brons line in terms of Marketing OR Retail.... You have to ask Nike what they deem as success.....

I can't help it but I will touch on this...lol... I know Im crazy.. but them reading this wont help them at all...

Does Nike consider a shoe sold in certain cities at a limited number in special colorways as a Lifestyle shoe a success? OR do they consider kids in Akron noteven having Brons on the Outside Courts or gyms a success?

Does Nike consider it a success having kids just want Brons SIG Shoe more for Collection purposes and his Team shoe more for on Court wear?

Well if I were them... I wouldn't. I wish I could say more... but they need not see what is building on the other coast... Brons presentation won't seeClick Clack...I can tell you that much.... lol

Back
Top Bottom