ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

Saw a kat today around Virginia Tech with the Olympics on, with navy Nike joggers and white/navy Nike symbol t.

Don't know who the hell his connect is, but I'm sold.

Joints hard mo.

Yellowing will give them "character" over time. Aint like I will wear them no more than 2-3 times annually.

in the early 00's it was a very common question to get asked/ask....I remember being on walnut in philly and getting stopped multi times to ask were I got my supreme sb's before Ubiq had an account. Now they don't have the account anymore lol.

How is that an annoying question lol
There's really no point in me answering this because it will generate the same responses as before

But hey maybe it's a generational thing  
wink.gif

Lol at this thread. Pretty easy to figure out who loves Spiridons and who loves exclusivity. :rolleyes

Nah I love spiridons and loved when they went on sale and outlets

Save that exclusive nonsense for the beasts

I guess you can't love both

Not in your case. You've already implied that you don't want Spiridons to be "played out" like Roshes. The people who legitimately love Spiridons, or any shoe for that matter, wouldn't care if they were played out or not.

These reminded me why I rarely buy shoes and don't care about them anymore.

way too much.

Lol yeah, $120 would seem legit. How much were these in 1997? I swear I remember seeing them in an eastbay catalog when I was a kid for $124.99. Lol

Last edited:
Not in your case. You've already implied that you don't want Spiridons to be "played out" like Roshes. The people who legitimately love Spiridons, or any shoe for that matter, wouldn't care if they were played out or not.
I never used the term "played out" those are your words. I said nike would "kill them" as in release 100 different colorways with multiple material updates but everyone only reads what they wanna read

I just used the Roshe as an example

^i agree with you to a point man. I don't really like what they've done to the huaraches either. so many iterations and different variations when the original set up of suede/leather/mesh is undoubtably the best you're gonna get.

that said I'd still like to be able to cop the shoes I want w/o the hassles of nikelab releases and Twitter links needed to cop

Last edited:
^i agree with you to a point man. I don't really like what they've done to the huaraches either. so many iterations and different variations when the original set up of suede/leather/mesh is undoubtably the best you're gonna get.
Thats all I was trying to say before but nobody was reading what I was saying... just what they wanted to hear/thought I was saying.

It has nothing to do with exclusivity. 

You see a pair of boobs and it's like "hey sweet boobs!" but if every woman walked around topless and all you saw was boobs all day you wouldn't care as much & they wouldn't be as special

Last edited:
I never used the term "played out" those are your words. I said nike would "kill them" as in release 100 different colorways with multiple material updates but everyone only reads what they wanna read

I just used the Roshe as an example

I would rather Nike "kill them" and release 1000 different colorways, so I can pick out 5-10 colorways that I like, rather than releasing 5-10 colorways, and making it difficult for me to cop just 1 colorway. I honestly don't care if I'm rocking the same shoes that everyone else is wearing. I like what I like, and if millions of people agree with me, then so be it. Cannot stand how this hipster mentality has invaded sneaker culture, where if it's mainstream, then it stops being cool.

Lol. Idc how many color or how many pairs

Whole world could be walking around with them on.

If I want them and I can pay retail it's all good to me.

Besides the fact this shoe is unpopular amongst the masses and how the 05' release went to outlets. I can see why Nike has decided to minimize production, although for the sake of those who truly want a pair it pretty much sucks.

I would rather Nike "kill them" and release 1000 different colorways, so I can pick out 5-10 colorways that I like, rather than releasing 5-10 colorways, and making it difficult for me to cop just 1 colorway. I honestly don't care if I'm rocking the same shoes that everyone else is wearing. I like what I like, and if millions of people agree with me, then so be it. Cannot stand how this hipster mentality has invaded sneaker culture, where if it's mainstream, then it stops being cool.
And i'd rather they not. Never tried to bash you for your opinion or anyone else for that matter.

It's really not that difficult to cop. This spiradon was actually super easy compared to certain sneakers i've been able to obtain. In fact every single person that I know personally that wanted these was able to get them. 

& I can't stand ppl complaining and whining because they are too slow to cop a limited release. Try harder next time because times have changed and it's only going to get worse

Last edited:
And i'd rather they not. Never tried to bash you for your opinion or anyone else for that matter.

It's really not that difficult to cop. This spiradon was actually super easy compared to certain sneakers i've been able to obtain. In fact every single person that I know personally that wanted these was able to get them. 

Oh, not that difficult to cop? Did everyone in this thread eat? I don't see any pizza party gifs in here. Were these a GR? No? So for some of us that don't have access to the Sneakrs App, don't feel like paying duty and tariff charges from ordering overseas, and don't happen to live near any spots that got these, then yes, these were difficult to cop. My definition of an easy cop is walking into Footlocker 3-4 days after a release and scooping up a pair.

Not difficult to cop was 2005. Now that was easy.

Back
Top Bottom