¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

Originally Posted by dreClark

Boren told reporters after Michigan's first spring practice 10 days ago that adapting to new coach Rich Rodriguez's no-huddle spread offense was physically challenging. He mentioned the difficulty the offensive linemen had constantly running to the line of scrimmage.
roll.gif
What a little ++%!!

Family values my @+%

he want to go to the league.....RR doesn't put any OL in the league.....smart move by him

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State and Tennessee have scheduled a two-year series for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

The Volunteers will host the Buckeyes in the Sept. 1, 2018, season opener and will travel to Columbus on Sept. 7, 2019.

Tennessee last faced Ohio State in the 1996 Florida Citrus Bowl. The teams entered that game tied for fourth in The Associated Press poll.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

what the hell. they ant got no openings before then?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State and Tennessee have scheduled a two-year series for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

The Volunteers will host the Buckeyes in the Sept. 1, 2018, season opener and will travel to Columbus on Sept. 7, 2019.

Tennessee last faced Ohio State in the 1996 Florida Citrus Bowl. The teams entered that game tied for fourth in The Associated Press poll.

Cot damn.
I knew they scheduled games in advance but 10 years up is OD

Jamil Paris' football career is over due to some medical condition, don't know exactly what just yet.
frown.gif

he was a beast vs. Clemson in the Music City Bowl.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Cot damn.

Georgia Tech/South Carolina have already scheduled a home-and-home for 2021/2022.
laugh.gif

drew weatherford tears his meniscus. out for spring practice. could be devastating news for fsu opponents if he gets beaten out of a starting position becauseof this.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Cot damn.

Georgia Tech/South Carolina have already scheduled a home-and-home for 2021/2022.
laugh.gif

Michigan and ND play each other through 2031...
Boren is a lil $##%#

Look for UofM to get rid of a couple more fat/lazy/trouble makers before the season starts. The program got waaaaaaaay too soft under the old coaches.

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

drew weatherford tears his meniscus. out for spring practice. could be devastating news for fsu opponents if he gets beaten out of a starting position because of this.
roll.gif

So true tho.

Idk about Tenn. but Ohio St's future schedules are STACKED.

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

drew weatherford tears his meniscus. out for spring practice. could be devastating news for fsu opponents if he gets beaten out of a starting position because of this.
roll.gif

So true tho.

indifferent.gif

Very funny you +#%!!*#....

laugh.gif

Boren and his dad throwing parting shots on his way out. The kid didn't like having to earn his PT. He liked it handed to him like with the old regime. Ohwell. Moosman, Zirbel, McAvoy, Ortmann, all guys who were left for dead by the old staff now have a shot to make their prescence known. These are the kids RRwants. Hard working kids that like where this place is going.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

USC guys, any word on Aaron Corp? I have heard he might look elsewhere as well. I have heard Mustain and Sanchez are battling it out pretty fierce already.

Everything at this point is speculation, but I can see him transferring either during the season or late in the year. The kid has basically no shot to beatout Sanchez, so he realistically only has one shot in '10 and that'll be against a RS-Senior Mustain and RS-Frosh Barkley. He'd be a nice fit forRR's offense, but he needs to bulk up.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
You are gonna have ZERO members, not even IronMan, FirstBorn, GOodfellaz or After Hours are gonna wanna join that movement

I have to agree with Gunna
laugh.gif
. I've never understood the Mustainhype. I am Viva Sanchez.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

^I was referring to UCF Dre. Mustain movement in '08.

369353dc48bba41b43e06bdb572ecafb5de3027.pjpg

{Frank Lucas} My man! {Frank Lucas}
$C fans where the hell are they Practicing at in that picture?

Cromwell Track and Field.

Chris Balas
TheWolverine.com Senior Editor

Talk about it in The Fort
Former Tulane and NFL quarterback Shaun King, now an analyst for ESPN, was one of the beneficiaries of new Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez' offensive expertise, setting passing records in leading the Green Wave to a perfect, 12-0 season in 1998. Like some on the 2008 U-M team, a few left the team in the first year.

That's not uncommon during any coaching change, whether the system is the same or completely different, as is the case with Rodriguez and his spread offense replacing Lloyd Carr's pro style approach. It was also the situation in 1998 when he lost a few of his teammates, King recalled.

"There are always going to be guys that can't handle change," King said. "No matter who had come in you would have had some guys leave. It's human nature.

[table][tr][td]
612608.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Associated Press[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shaun King during his days with the Tampa Bay Bucs.[/td] [/tr][/table]"For one, the guys recruiting them aren't there, and you develop such good relationships with the guys who recruit you. Other guys are just afraid of competition. A lot of times you have a comfort zone and then when something new comes along, that comfort zone gets taken from you."

It was similar at Tulane under head coach Tommy Bowden and Rodriguez, his offensive coordinator, King recalled. Guys who had been much more established in the program were treated the same as freshmen, King recalled. Even the so-called superstars were expected to compete in every drill, on every play.

"When Tommy and Rich came in, they opened it up," he said. "They opened competition like a true competition where the best guy is going to play - not, 'you're going to play because you're my favorite and I recruited you.' So we had to adjust. I had to step my game up."

And step up he did. The end result, King noted, was that it made him a better player and Tulane better as a team. The sooner guys buy into the system and adapt to Rodriguez' high-energy approach in Ann Arbor, King said, the earlier they'll get results.

"One thing you learn as an athlete is there are so many different coaching styles. If you have goals of playing professionally, you're going to have to adapt to the coaching style of your coach," he said. "And one thing you want, whether your coach is a rah-rah guy or slow and steady, you just want him to be fair. Having been around Rich, yeah, he's going to get on you because he wants your best from you. That's his way of motivating you to be better. But at the end of the day, he's going to be fair. If you put the work in and made the plays … and if you give the team the best chance to win … you're going to play."

King has remained close with Rodriguez since he left, insisting many of Rodriguez's former players do. Departed offensive guard Justin Boren's comments about the "erosion of family values" within the U-M program are off base, he said, noting the bond will come in time. Rodriguez told the Ann Arbor News yesterday he'd coach every player like he was coaching his son, adding, "The people who know the staff, who know what we're putting together here will tell you just the opposite as far as what's been reported. ... My players and my coaches are my family. They're coached that way."

King agreed with the assessment.

"This is the thing for a lot of those guys to figure out … they are creating a family," he said. "What they had before was already a family because they had been there for so long. It's like if you adopt a child … he's part of your family the day he gets there, but that real family bond doesn't develop until you go through some things.

"Rich is going to put them through some things because he's got to find some answers. He's got to know what he has in each player. When it gets tough on Saturday and we're in the fourth quarter and he's tired on a big third down, what is he going to do? Is he going to fold and look for somebody to pat him on the back or is he going to get down and dirty, say, 'I've got a responsibility to everyone around me to do my job?' How you find that out is through spring practice."

Rodriguez insisted he wouldn't apologize for being demanding and insisted he'd forge ahead with the players who stayed. As for those who leave?

"Guys leave for different reasons," King said. "But if a guy doesn't want to be there, that's fine. That's the great thing about America."

Im talking about what Rich Rod got out of their potential oppose to ability. King was obviously a better player.
Im sayin that in terms of a 'coaching job', w/ what he had to work with..

Back
Top Bottom