☆☆☆ Official Track&Field Thread ☆☆☆

Is Gay gonna be healthy by then (~2 weeks away)? I thought there was some talk about him getting surgery after these WC.

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Originally Posted by brrraptors

sick.gif
almost dropped my plate of food on what exactly is it about the caribbean countries that produce such amazing track n field athletes, especially jamaica in particular. does anyone have any idea of their t&f infrastructure in the country. clearly they're finding the talent and more importantly nurturing them at a world class level.

also the gene pool. in the us there are soooo many ppl. so the chance of two fast people mating isnt as high as the carribean. islands are obviously small so it is more likely that fast people will mate and produce more fast people.
Track and field is our thing, we're doing sprints from nursery stages. Pretty much every school level has an intramural track and field day,so with damn near a majority of the country participating, it's highly likely you scout the fast ones from early and nurture it. Other nations i guesswill have other sports they focus on early. Maybe some genetics, i've got 70+ farmer uncles built just like those sprinters. I was pretty damn fast myselfas a kid, i'd prolly have a heart attack 5m in nowadays though.

I honestly thought Bolt would run 19 flat. But I can't say he disappointed. 19.19 is still absolutely insane.

Dude is freak of nature among freaks of nature. Dude's sperm is probably worth millions.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Damn, just watched the race

Bolt is untouchable, and will be for a while.

After hes done, I dont see his records being even sniffed in my lifetime, specially if he breaks sub 9.5 & 19 which seems likely now.

In all honesty though, I really cant decide if hes clean or not. Insane times since 15 makes me think he is, but its such a dirty sport and scientists/chemists will always be ahead of the testing curve because there is too much money to be made.

Incredible though none the less

I disagree and here's my reasoning.

Prior to Bolt, track coaches disregarded excessively tall athletes when it concerned sprinting. Many thought that being excessively tall was highlydisadvantageous.
Not only has Bolt shown that it's not disadvantageous but being that tall coupled with sprinting abilities might actually be highly advantageous.
That is why Bolt is breaking records left and right. He is the first of his kind in terms of his size.
I'll venture to say that we'll see a lot more taller athletes being selected for sprinting. That is unless they're not taken by Bball or Football.
laugh.gif

^ but what're the chances another track athlete has the turnover and fast twitch that Bolt does?

i know that it'll eventually be broken, as almost all records are, but it might be a very very longtime before that happens. perhaps not in our lifetime

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

People forget that the 200m is Usain's Specialty, this has always been his event he only started messing with the 100 last Summer.

Actually the 4 was.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

^ but what're the chances another track athlete has the turnover and fast twitch that Bolt does?

i know that it'll eventually be broken, as almost all records are, but it might be a very very longtime before that happens. perhaps not in our lifetime

Chances are great that there are/will be athletes similar to Bolt.
The difficult part is finding and developing them for track.

There are plenty of athletes in the NFL right now who could be world class track athletes with some specialization.
Bball and the NFL usually take thebest athletes away from other sports.

Why even watch? This is like a scrimmage to him. He just shatters %+@$ in his sleep. Like I said before, light work.

laugh.gif
@ the celebration with the mascot.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

People forget that the 200m is Usain's Specialty, this has always been his event he only started messing with the 100 last Summer.

Actually the 4 was.

Anyways....

Men's 4 x 100 is starting in a bit depending on this Rain.
smh.gif

4x100 Metres Relay - M Heats
first 2 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified.

wr_icon.gif
37.10 Jamaica (JAM) - Beijing (National Stadium), 22/08/2008

Heat 1

Friday 21 August 2009 - 19:30

[table][tr][th=""]Lane[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]2009[/th] [th=""]PB[/th] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Japan[/td] [td]
JPN.gif
JPN[/td] [td]38.33[/td] [td]38.03[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]South Africa[/td] [td]
RSA.gif
RSA[/td] [td]39.34[/td] [td]38.47[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]France[/td] [td]
FRA.gif
FRA[/td] [td]38.80[/td] [td]37.79[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Switzerland[/td] [td]
SUI.gif
SUI[/td] [td]39.29[/td] [td]38.99[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Trinidad and Tobago[/td] [td]
TRI.gif
TRI[/td] [td]38.37[/td] [td]38.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Brazil[/td] [td]
BRA.gif
BRA[/td] [td]38.91[/td] [td]37.90[/td] [/tr][/table]

Heat 2

Friday 21 August 2009 - 19:38

[table][tr][th=""]Lane[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]2009[/th] [th=""]PB[/th] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Canada[/td] [td]
CAN.gif
CAN[/td] [td]38.62[/td] [td]37.69[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Ghana[/td] [td]
GHA.gif
GHA[/td] [td]40.02[/td] [td]38.12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Portugal[/td] [td]
POR.gif
POR[/td] [td]39.02[/td] [td]39.02[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Great Britain & N.I.[/td] [td]
GBR.gif
GBR[/td] [td]38.44[/td] [td]37.73[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]United States[/td] [td]
USA.gif
USA[/td] [td]37.85[/td] [td]37.40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Netherlands[/td] [td]
NED.gif
NED[/td] [td]39.04[/td] [td]38.63[/td] [/tr][/table]

Heat 3

Friday 21 August 2009 - 19:46

[table][tr][th=""]Lane[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]2009[/th] [th=""]PB[/th] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Jamaica[/td] [td]
JAM.gif
JAM[/td] [td]38.10[/td] [td]37.10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Australia[/td] [td]
AUS.gif
AUS[/td] [td]38.96[/td] [td]38.17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Thailand[/td] [td]
THA.gif
THA[/td] [td]39.48[/td] [td]38.80[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Italy[/td] [td]
ITA.gif
ITA[/td] [td]38.77[/td] [td]38.37[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]
GER.gif
GER[/td] [td]38.40[/td] [td]38.30[/td] [/tr][/table]

Also today will be the Men's 400m Final & Women's 200 Final.

200 Metres - W Final

wr_icon.gif
21.34 Griffith-Joyner Florence (USA) - Seoul, 29/09/1988

21 August 2009 - 21:00

[table][tr][th=""]Lane[/th] [th=""]Bib[/th] [th=""]Athlete[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]2009[/th] [th=""]PB[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]277[/td] [td] Eleni Artymata [/td] [td]
CYP.gif
CYP[/td] [td]22.64[/td] [td]22.64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]388[/td] [td] Emily Freeman [/td] [td]
GBR.gif
GBR[/td] [td]22.64[/td] [td]22.64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]1008[/td] [td] Muna Lee [/td] [td]
USA.gif
USA[/td] [td]22.30[/td] [td]22.01[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]126[/td] [td] Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie [/td] [td]
BAH.gif
BAH[/td] [td]22.23[/td] [td]22.19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]522[/td] [td] Veronica Campbell-Brown [/td] [td]
JAM.gif
JAM[/td] [td]22.29[/td] [td]21.74[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]986[/td] [td] Allyson Felix [/td] [td]
USA.gif
USA[/td] [td]21.88[/td] [td]21.81[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]526[/td] [td] Simone Facey [/td] [td]
JAM.gif
JAM[/td] [td]22.58[/td] [td]22.25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]540[/td] [td] Anneisha McLaughlin [/td] [td]
JAM.gif
JAM[/td] [td]22.55[/td] [td]22.55[/td] [/tr][/table]

400 Metres - M Final

wr_icon.gif
43.18 Johnson Michael (USA) - Sevilla, 26/08/1999

21 August 2009 - 21:20

[table][tr][th=""]Lane[/th] [th=""]Bib[/th] [th=""]Athlete[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]2009[/th] [th=""]PB[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]448[/td] [td] Leslie Djhone [/td] [td]
FRA.gif
FRA[/td] [td]44.80[/td] [td]44.46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]619[/td] [td] David Gillick [/td] [td]
IRL.gif
IRL[/td] [td]44.77[/td] [td]44.77[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]1113[/td] [td] Renny Quow [/td] [td]
TRI.gif
TRI[/td] [td]44.53[/td] [td]44.53[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]1206[/td] [td] LaShawn Merritt [/td] [td]
USA.gif
USA[/td] [td]44.37[/td] [td]43.75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]160[/td] [td] Chris Brown [/td] [td]
BAH.gif
BAH[/td] [td]44.81[/td] [td]44.40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]1242[/td] [td] Jeremy Wariner [/td] [td]
USA.gif
USA[/td] [td]44.66[/td] [td]43.45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]629[/td] [td] Tabarie Henry [/td] [td]
ISV.gif
ISV[/td] [td]44.77[/td] [td]44.77[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]490[/td] [td] Michael Bingham [/td] [td]
GBR.gif
GBR[/td] [td]44.74[/td] [td]44.74[/td] [/tr][/table]

Gunna - Clyde Hart is Warriner's Coach (Michael Johnson's Former Coash, also coaches Sanya Richards), MJ is an"advisor".

Events have been delayed 40mins because of the Heavy Rain.

I'm watching it, nothing has been going on the past 30 mins because of the Heavy Rain, it's about to start back up in 10-15 mins.

no tyson...ahh man....ah ok...i thought teams had to stay the same through out rounds unless there was an injury

Back
Top Bottom