☆☆☆ Official Track&Field Thread ☆☆☆

What Bolt needs to be focused on now is his brand. This guy should be generating no less than 20Mill each year in sponsorships. He talks so much about eatingchicken nuggets, a Wendy's/McDonald's endorsement should be appropriate. BMW is his fav car.... get a BMW endorsement and etc. I know historicallysprinters don't generate the same revenue as star baseball/basketball players but he should be the one to break that barrier. The only prominent brandhe's known for is Puma... that needs to change.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Bolt has been a phenom since 15. Don't get it twisted.
true. he has.. but also was gettin beat by many others. spearmon was beating him along with others.. his [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]FIRST[/color] 100m race was a wr in .72

His improvement is the 200m since 2007 is kinda hard to believe lol

also the test mean nothing...Ive hered from my college vuddies alot of pro's will pay for it to come back positive so who knows

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
that margin of victory
sick.gif
sqjzgp.jpg

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Bolt has been a phenom since 15. Don't get it twisted.
this is true but you know how the world is today cheaters are in every sport its only right to think he cheats

even if he was doing this type of stuff since the age of 15............but most dont know that they just see him blowing WR's away now
laugh.gif

People forget that the 200m is Usain's Specialty, this has always been his event he only started messing with the 100 last Summer.

This isn't out of nowhere.

Bolt distinguished himself with a 200 m gold medal at the 2002 World Junior Championships, making him the competition's youngest-ever gold medalist. In2004, at the CARIFTA Games, Bolt became the first junior sprinter to run the 200 m in under 20 seconds with a time of 19.93 s, breaking Roy Martin's worldjunior record by two-tenths of a second. Bolt also set competition records at a number of other junior events.

NostrandAve68 wrote:
What Bolt needs to be focused on now is his brand. This guy should be generating no less than 20Mill each year in sponsorships. He talks so much about eating chicken nuggets, a Wendy's/McDonald's endorsement should be appropriate. BMW is his fav car.... get a BMW endorsement and etc. I know historically sprinters don't generate the same revenue as star baseball/basketball players but he should be the one to break that barrier. The only prominent brand he's known for is Puma... that needs to change.

Yeah, seems like he should be all over. I can't help thinking that even though he's pretty popular now he'd be uber pouplar if he was American.

Damn, just watched the race

Bolt is untouchable, and will be for a while.

After hes done, I dont see his records being even sniffed in my lifetime, specially if he breaks sub 9.5 & 19 which seems likely now.

In all honesty though, I really cant decide if hes clean or not. Insane times since 15 makes me think he is, but its such a dirty sport and scientists/chemistswill always be ahead of the testing curve because there is too much money to be made.

Incredible though none the less

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

NostrandAve68 wrote:
What Bolt needs to be focused on now is his brand. This guy should be generating no less than 20Mill each year in sponsorships. He talks so much about eating chicken nuggets, a Wendy's/McDonald's endorsement should be appropriate. BMW is his fav car.... get a BMW endorsement and etc. I know historically sprinters don't generate the same revenue as star baseball/basketball players but he should be the one to break that barrier. The only prominent brand he's known for is Puma... that needs to change.

Yeah, seems like he should be all over. I can't help thinking that even though he's pretty popular now he'd be uber pouplar if he was American.

I think the reason why he hasn't gotten waaaayyy more endorsements is not because of his heritage its because people are still skeptical abouthim..... the verdict is still out for some. Its 100% possible he's clean but there's still skeptics and no popular brand like Kelloggs/BMW/McDonaldsand etc want to risk tarnishing their brand. Trust alot of these advertisers want to hop on the Bolt brand but right now it seems too risky.. i think in thenext 2-3years maybe after the 2012 games when he's been tested for a good 4-5yrs and still clean then you'll start seeing the endorsements rolling in.So the phenomenal ability he's been blessed with might actually be the reason why he won't generate the type of money he should be right now....classic case of a gift and a curse.

Bolt wont make no cheddar in US.

when u ever seen a NON US citizen be the market brand for any US endorsement deals?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

when u ever seen a NON US citizen be the market brand for any US endorsement deals?
It's rare, but Beckham has probably done the "best" of any foreigner here.

And they say Bolt is now 3rd most marketable in sports behind Tiger and Beckham. So we'll see.

^ Yerp what he said.

Bolt is already on the platform of Beckham, Woods etc in Europe, Asia etc.

The organizers made a good move cutting ticket costs for today hope they do the same on Sat & Sun for the Relays.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

qft

look at yao, and how big of a star he is in china and globally (or even roger federer) dude barely is in any US commercials anymore. it's very difficultfor a non-american athlete to be marketable in the US

Bolt could make more money international then he would in the US....Europe/Asia really appreciates these types of things....

Back
Top Bottom