☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I hated this deal for Houston by the way. How much of an upgrade were they getting over Scola? And giving up their best scorer and a promising young PG? For Pau Gasol?

I'm stumped as well. Their starting 5 looks like they play in the D-League.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Chris_Paul.jpg

38312791.jpg

david2bstern.jpg

Kobe-Bryant2.jpg

ChrisPaul.jpg

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

That might be the greatest thing ever.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Uh am I missing something here...Paul makes 16 million this year, Odom makes 9 million. New Orleans is already 16 million under the cap at $42 million this year if you include CP3's salary so wouldn't they be saving money? And they are acquiring Scola and Martin from the Rockets which adds up to about 20 million.

So 42-16 (CP3) = 26 million...26 million + Odom, Scola, Martin (9+12+9) = $56 million and still under the cap. I don't see financially this wouldn't work and why they would even propose it in the 1st place.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 1 min
Our own @Chris_Broussard on SportsCenter: Chris Paul fuming and exploring legal options w/NBPA director Billy Hunter to fight blocked deal

well now
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I hated this deal for Houston by the way. How much of an upgrade were they getting over Scola? And giving up their best scorer and a promising young PG? For Pau Gasol?

I'm stumped as well. Their starting 5 looks like they play in the D-League.

It would have been a terrible deal for the Rockets, unless people were 100% sure that they would match Hayes' contract, get Nene from
the Nuggets, AND feel good about various rookies/2nd string guys completely stepping up. I still hope the deal doesn't go through, cause
that's an awful franchise regressing move for them.

LAL fans makes no sense being sour over this. What's done is done.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by HankMoody

NBA has owned the Hornets for 12 months. What other trades have transpired?
The Marcus Thornton-Carl Landry swap.

Mark Cuban didn't like that trade either because the Hornets were adding salary.
The league just threw Demps under the bus....
But it was because the owners didnt want to take on money.

I have to say w/o Landry they dont make the playoffs last year, and Cuban did %%+@# about that trade which brought like 3 million in salary to them. 15? thats od imo + the tax considerations.
Mamba if they only have to add 6 million to get to minimum salary why add more.
Unless its a cant miss player they arent adding salary.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 1 min
Our own @Chris_Broussard on SportsCenter: Chris Paul fuming and exploring legal options w/NBPA director Billy Hunter to fight blocked deal

well now
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
 my dude Chris obviously wants to join us very badly. Let that man live Stern 
indifferent.gif

deal will probably be tweaked with the Lakers taking back more salary in the form of Okafor or Ariza. I can't see any way the deal doesn't go through without a huge mess being made in the process.

If the stern kills a deal to LA where NOH isn't increasing payroll.... Oh boy

CP3 must be feeling like a kid who's parents said they were taking him to Disneyland, but he was really taken to get his yearly shots 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 617jordanhead

This is why the trade didn't happen

- every team over the luxury cap (70 million) pays a dollar for dollar tax on everything past that cap. So if the Lakers had a 91 million dollar payroll, they'd have to pay an additional 20 million in luxury tax charges, bringing their payroll cost to 111 million.

Instead, they drop their payroll by 10 million on the backs of the New Orleans/NBA franchise. So not only are the owners taking on an additional 15 million in payroll, they're losing an additional 10 million dollars that would have been redistributed in revenue sharing.
Makes sense.

Makes a ton of sense.

A ton.

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go."

WOW
indifferent.gif

"The owners half-pushed this through, and Stern took it the rest of the way," a league source involved in nixed trade told Y! Sports.

More) "In the end, David didn’t like that the players were dictating where they wanted to go," source says.

League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go."

Look at 'em. Look at their faces.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
JD

Back
Top Bottom