☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

I hate the Lakers but he didn't really say anything bad. Things that should have been implied already if you follow basketball closely. He said smush was a bum...only thing bad lol.

Wizards’ Jordan Crawford talks a big game, always tries to back it up

Jordan Crawford’s mouth is rarely not running when he’s on the basketball. If he’s in a good shooting groove, his opponents will hear it. If his team is ruling the court, there won’t be any need to look at the scoreboard.

“Not everybody can handle the way I talk trash,â€

when does free agency end? or does it even end?
laugh.gif

It's all he has.  His team is garbage now and he's seen Kobe @#$% on them for 15 years so he's turned into that jilted lover.  Like 500 of his posts are about Kobe, even in the @#$%^& birthday thread he goes in there to talk Kobe. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bet a dollar he looks just like Eminem complete with tape recorder. 
laugh.gif

I think I like Steve Kerr now.. from Deadspin
[h1]
[h1]Steve Kerr Unloads On NBA Owners, Calls Dan Gilbert A Baby[/h1]
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/12/487b4ee4da5c387ae251f7264b51a44a.jpgAfter three seasons as the personnel guy in Phoenix, Steve Kerr returned to TV because he wasn't very good at GMing. But he has opinions about the league blocking a Chris Paul-to-Lakers deal. They are refreshingly angry and candid and probably assure that Kerr will be staying on the media side for a while.

Kerr went on the radio to vent on the trade, including Dan Gilbert's email:
"It's such a crock that he would even mention that. That guy is a billionaire, they have been way over the cap while they had LeBron, way over the tax. He's still upset that he lost LeBron and he needs to get over it. LeBron gave that franchise the best seven years they have ever had. He was a free agent and he decided to leave. Nobody likes the way LeBron left, even he apologized for it the other night on TV but the fact is there is a thing called free agency and if a superstar player wants to leave when they are agents, they can leave."
[/h1]

On the owners being selfish:
"Every one of them is wrong and I don't know how many there are either but I've been angry all day long about this whole thing because I think it was a great basketball trade. There are so many trades made these days that are lousy trades that are made for financial purposes ... The problem I have is that this was a great trade for the Hornets. There's no way they can duplicate that. I thought Dell Demps did an incredible job. You end up with three legitimate good players in (Luis) Scola, Kevin Martin, and (Lamar) Odom. You get a first round pick, you get Goran Dragic who I like and a guy I drafted in Phoenix. He's a good player. You're telling me you're going to deny that for basketball reasons when every single other analyst out there and every GM thinks they hit a home run with that trade. And by the way in seven months if they play it out they are getting nothing."

Finally, on the arbitrary "basketball reasons"
I made one of the worst trades in NBA history. I traded Kurt Thomas and two first round picks to Seattle for nothing, to save 16 million dollars for our organization. Where was the NBA then to veto that trade for basketball reasons?"

Kerr also went on with Colin Cowherd, and called the mess "one of the dumbest thing the league's ever done." Kerr's pissed off, and he's dumbfounded, and not wrong about any of this. Least of all the Thomas trade.

Kobe, Ron, and KG providing the lulz already. Can't wait til the season starts.

That Mavs alternate is the same design as the blue one they rocked last year and the green one from a couple years ago. I like it though.
buhx58lt0qrecakozbpe4q2le.gif
o4dn5dogzmwe07gxzvwlce0ww.gif

Looks like OJ is gonna receive some consistent tick to start the season. Maybe he can convince me he's not mediocre. Bringing that FG% up would be a good start.

Looking at what the Mavericks are projected to be at for 2012-2013.

Amnesty Haywood, we sit at 32.9 million.

Salary dump Marion, sit at 24.3 million.

Dirk would also restructure his deal if it meant bringing in Dwight and Deron, I'd think.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I think I like Steve Kerr now.. from Deadspin
[h1]
[h1]Steve Kerr Unloads On NBA Owners, Calls Dan Gilbert A Baby[/h1]
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/12/487b4ee4da5c387ae251f7264b51a44a.jpgAfter three seasons as the personnel guy in Phoenix, Steve Kerr returned to TV because he wasn't very good at GMing. But he has opinions about the league blocking a Chris Paul-to-Lakers deal. They are refreshingly angry and candid and probably assure that Kerr will be staying on the media side for a while.

Kerr went on the radio to vent on the trade, including Dan Gilbert's email:
"It's such a crock that he would even mention that. That guy is a billionaire, they have been way over the cap while they had LeBron, way over the tax. He's still upset that he lost LeBron and he needs to get over it. LeBron gave that franchise the best seven years they have ever had. He was a free agent and he decided to leave. Nobody likes the way LeBron left, even he apologized for it the other night on TV but the fact is there is a thing called free agency and if a superstar player wants to leave when they are agents, they can leave."
[/h1]

On the owners being selfish:
"Every one of them is wrong and I don't know how many there are either but I've been angry all day long about this whole thing because I think it was a great basketball trade. There are so many trades made these days that are lousy trades that are made for financial purposes ... The problem I have is that this was a great trade for the Hornets. There's no way they can duplicate that. I thought Dell Demps did an incredible job. You end up with three legitimate good players in (Luis) Scola, Kevin Martin, and (Lamar) Odom. You get a first round pick, you get Goran Dragic who I like and a guy I drafted in Phoenix. He's a good player. You're telling me you're going to deny that for basketball reasons when every single other analyst out there and every GM thinks they hit a home run with that trade. And by the way in seven months if they play it out they are getting nothing."

Finally, on the arbitrary "basketball reasons"
I made one of the worst trades in NBA history. I traded Kurt Thomas and two first round picks to Seattle for nothing, to save 16 million dollars for our organization. Where was the NBA then to veto that trade for basketball reasons?"

Kerr also went on with Colin Cowherd, and called the mess "one of the dumbest thing the league's ever done." Kerr's pissed off, and he's dumbfounded, and not wrong about any of this. Least of all the Thomas trade.

tumblr_lrqsqdWHh91r3v6f2o1_400.gif

Spoiler [+]
Enough with the crying already.

Kerr is dead on.  The league @#$%^& themselves up royally. 

They screwed the Hornets, they screwed LA, they screwed Houston.  Now they've screwed the Clippers.  They are a joke at this point.

The NBA is supposed to be fielding COMPETITIVE teams, not draining the franchise down to 12 wins, and starting a rebuilding project, who's going to rebuild it?  Stern? 
laugh.gif

You let an OWNER rebuild the team his way (with GM) the LEAGUE needs to field good basketball teams, not "tear it all down, and start over"  Who the hell knows how to do that?  Stu Jackson?  Stern? 
laugh.gif

That's why I don't get people applauding the block.  I know they hate us, and love seein us not get Paul, that I get, but they just buried an NBA franchise. 

The league wants to find a suitable owner, what, you don't think they read the papers?  They think if they buy the team, Chris Paul stays just cuz? 
laugh.gif
  Paul is gone, GONE.  No owner is gonna change that.  And nobody is going to be lining up to buy that team with Chris Paul as a free agent, or with the T-Wolves first round pick, or any of that other stuff they hope to get.  Make the team a competitive playoff team, that makes some money at least, and then maybe you have a chance, but even then, doubt it.  It's not like their are tons of guys lookin to just buy NBA teams no problem.  Not to mention the price Stern would ask for the team.  Didn't he steal 400 mil for the Warriors? 
laugh.gif

He can block the trade, no prob, but it is not his job to tear it down and build it back up.  The NBA doesn't know how to do that.  Not unless they want to hire Pat Riley.  And when Paul walks in 6 and a half months, I am going to laugh hysterically at the league, and then bring up over and over and over how they cost Chris Paul 26 million dollars, money that he won't ever get back.  I pray that somebody asks Stern about that at some point this season, how you feel about costing one of your best players 26 million dollars David?  *Stern face blinking* 

I'm glad Kerr said something, but it won't matter.  But Stern is going to hear @#$% now after every single trade that goes down.  People will forever go off about him when a bad deal gets made.  He thinks he has all this toughness about him, and buried bodies and all that, all he is is scared to get canned by the owners which is exactly what would have happened if he let the deal go thru.  The owners would have kicked him out in minutes.  Stern just tried to save his job, even if he looked like a fool doin it.  Is what it is. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Question, why the hell are teams amnestying guys like Charlie Bell and James Posey? These guys are one-year deals, and they could just do what Detroit did and just buy out and waive their men, but instead they waste their amnesty clause.
It baffles me that the Warriors wasted their amnesty on Bell, just for the 1% chance that the Clippers didn't match Jordan.
sick.gif
The smart move for them would have been to save it for later in case they want to use it on Biedrins or David Lee sometime in the future.
Not understanding why teams aren't "saving" their amnesty either....

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Anyone know when adidas licensing contract expire, these sheen #%* jerseys are garbonzo
Nike on-field NFL next year....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I keep on forgetting but I think it's 2017.

Originally Posted by CP1708

JapanAir21 wrote:

Dirk would also restructure his deal if it meant bringing in Dwight and Deron, I'd think.

Not allowed.  Unless Dirk moves to football. 

What is this BS that Amary and Carmelo would restructure their deals to try and sign CP3 then?

Knicks fans were saying that something new in the CBA that allows them to do that, I thought.

Then again, we are talking about Knicks fans.

I don't know if it was Odom's true destination, but in his presser today, he said he told LA he wanted to come to Dallas, and I guess they accommodated him.
nerd.gif

SHUGES wrote:

Not understanding why teams aren't "saving" their amnesty either....

RJ is at camp so the SPURS might be saving thiers. I know RJ doesn't fit but Im glad to have him back. He handle it like a SPUR.
Not like that CLOWN odom. Crying and being a child about the whole thing. Gotta be something in that LA water.

Who is crying exactly? There wouldn't be critics of small market owners like Gilbert unless they were saying/doing idiotic things.

Gilbert is a fool. I can re-post the breakdown of his MORONIC letter complaining about the Paul to LA trade, because it's always a great read.
laugh.gif
@ saying I'm crying when you have BLINDLY defended that idiot owner despite failing to give any logical ideas of your own.

Back
Top Bottom