☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

That Westbrook / Durant situation is nothing to worry about... Thought it was something more serious.
laugh.gif

Im sure teammates get on each others case all the time.

Am I ever happy Ujiri didn't pull the trigger on the Carmelo for Derrick Favors deal last season. I would have been in for a long life.

And on the Russ subject, I don't think he's going to be fully happy unless he's the undisputed #1 (not "1" in terms of the point position; in terms of the best overall player) man on team. It's a shame because of how damn talented he is.

Here's the play that got Westbrook mad:

List of possible PGs in exchange for Westbrook:
D-Will...a better player than Westbrook, but is a free agent this summer and would/could OKC pay him the max?
Rondo...a better distributor than Westbrook, bargain contract and is Perkins' buddy, but could hamper the offense.
Lowry...on a great contract but doesn't have the ceiling Westbrook has and I doubt OKC wants to trade Westbrook within the conference.
Lawson...very good young PG that is still on his rookie contract and a buddy of KD's but would OKC trade Westbrook within the conference?

Add Nash to that list? Feel like he would fit perfectly for the Thunder although his age is pretty much the main concern.

Why trade Westbrook?
I still don't understand that one.
You cannot be on the floor if you are not confidant in making shots. Granted they found a better one, but that's a shot you have to take.
If there is a conscious effort to put Thabo in the game instead of Harden, and Thabo doesn't take that shot, it makes those double teams Westbrook is commanding seem pointless.
The yelling, and the report of the yelling is letting too many people get in both guys heads.
KD doesn't need to be the leader of that team, and Westbrook is being a point guard in getting on a guy for not taking an open 3.

Did Russ shoot them out the game? Were they particularly tough shots, was that not the correct thing to do?
Look you can go up to Thabo and say shoot that one next time, doesn't show passion about the situation.. Saying shoot the %#!+#!$ ball does, and if I were on the other side of the conversation I would know that A, I have to shoot the shot, and B my guy wants me to shoot the shot.

I hate Russell Westbrook. I'm sorry, but I really do. He has all the athleticism in the world, but he's far too conceded for his own good. He thinks he's the best player in the NBA, takes enough shots to think he's the best player in the NBA, and he's not even the best player on his team, and wouldn't be on MOST teams. I don't know what it is. I love the rest of those guys on OKC. KD is a monster scorer. Serge is a great athlete. Perk works hard. James Harden is gifted. But Russell? He's a whiny little punk. It's all he is. I can't stand watching Thunder games sometimes because he pisses and moans all game with a smug look on his face. It boggles my mind how he can't shape up after having one of the most humble dudes in the NBA on his team.

Not to mention his jumper is still broke as ever. The dude never goes to the paint without thinking he gets demolished each time and pouting at the refs regardless if they call a foul or not. I seriously hope he's out of the NBA in a few years, ala Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis. I have no respect for the kid. He has great athleticism, that's about where it ends for me. Sorry. Shoulda tried to grab Rondo when you were trading for Perkins too. Rondo's jumper is broke too, but at least he's a good point guard, which is what you need on a team like OKC, not a ball-dominating power-hungry ******.

I understand the Thunder are attached to the kid, but he's a chump. You could get the same production you get out of Russell if you started James Harden in his place, and he's a damn 2-guard. At least James Harden doesn't turn the ball over 5 times a game.

Go ahead and take his bumass CP, good riddance getting him away from what KD, Harden, Perk, and Serge can build.

The idiot is shooting 8% from outside the paint. 8%. Call it a slow start if you want, I call it a bum that couldn't make a shot to save his life.

And it's not just the beginning of this year. Last year, outside of the restricted area, he shot 36%. 36% when not in the restricted area. That's terrible.

Sure you could say the same thing about Rondo's J, but we all know that his jumper is broke. The main thing is, HE knows his jumper is broke. But he's a fantastic point guard, Russell isn't. He's a scoring guard.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle lookin' fool...
30t6p3b.gif

And you know damn well OKC will extend him to a max-contract.
sick.gif

Personal feelings much?

What people who aren't fans of Westbrook cannot get through their thick skulls is that KD isn't a consistent shot creator in the NBA.
Are those shots Russell  legitimately bad? You can hate him, and think he isn't worth a max contract, but outside of Derrick Rose, and Chris Paul, no PG other PG deserves a max contract at this stage of their careers.
But he is the best shot creator on the squad, and the only guy who might replace him that's available is Deron Williams.

He will settle in at his usual 2 to 1 assists to turnover ratio, and be the most consistent threat to get into the lane.
Rondo wont finish, and without a 3rd guy to take the difference in shots, they would be worse, Williams will take more jumpers cause he wouldn't be able to get in the lane like Russ.
I will admit that they are in no mans land with Russell though cant trade him, cause there isn't much hope to get a package that makes you better.
I say that cause more Harden and KD jumpers is going to be a nightmare for OKC. They have to hope that Russell figures it out.

How about Brandon Knight out playing Kyrie for a third time... Or Thompson on D. When Thompson learns how to get defensive boards the points are just going to be a bonus. All he has to do is not attack every shot.

What up:
Skip Bayless, and Tim Legler  said the same thing about Rose the other day.
If someone could find out how many shots at the end of the 1-3 quarter Rose shot and made last year that would be a blessing to me.
Cause I'm trying to find an argument for Rose's 3pt percentages being jacked up cause of the od times I saw him take heaves that have little to no hope.

Edit:  http://www.blogabull.com/...the-numbers-do-lie-a-bit
But even that measure is flawed a bit...... 33 feet? try outside of 28 and see where we get.

He needs to cut down on the shots from out there, but its still better for him to take 3's than the mid range jumper of years 1 and 2.

I think people are frustrated because Westbrook is capable of MORE. And to achieve this potential, he just needs to do LESS. Stop going a million miles a second. Stop forcing shots. Stop thinking this team's success lays entirely on your shoulders.

Originally Posted by What up

I think people are frustrated because Westbrook is capable of MORE. And to achieve this potential, he just needs to do LESS. Stop going a million miles a second. Stop forcing shots. Stop thinking this team's success lays entirely on your shoulders.

This

Originally Posted by Caerus

Anyone else watch the replay to see if wade traveled on that last shot? Looks like he did

I seen't it to breh
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Sort of looked like LeBron's crab dribble.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I hate Russell Westbrook. I'm sorry, but I really do. He has all the athleticism in the world, but he's far too conceded for his own good. He thinks he's the best player in the NBA, takes enough shots to think he's the best player in the NBA, and he's not even the best player on his team, and wouldn't be on MOST teams. I don't know what it is. I love the rest of those guys on OKC. KD is a monster scorer. Serge is a great athlete. Perk works hard. James Harden is gifted. But Russell? He's a whiny little punk. It's all he is. I can't stand watching Thunder games sometimes because he pisses and moans all game with a smug look on his face. It boggles my mind how he can't shape up after having one of the most humble dudes in the NBA on his team.
I don't hate the guy, but I will agree that he has a terrible attitude.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Why does Minnesota lose all the time? On paper, they have a nice team. Id take any of their top 9 or so guys on my team with a quickness. Did Wade travel on his game winner in Charlotte?
Not a travel.  You're allowed to take a hop and pivot, just gotta keep your pivot foot down.  If you look closely at his left foot, (his pivot foot) it doesn't move or slide.

Westbrook is gonna be aight as long as they keep winning. God forbid they lose 4 games in a row. dude will blow a gasket.

to be honest.. just thinking about the thunder's needs and which teams might be capable of filling them in a trade...

and an interesting team to consider would be the 76ers.. jrue and westbrook would be the main pieces of the deal.. but i could see the 76ers putting together a decent package (a replacement PG and either decent draft picks or players who can provide bench scoring.. asssuming harden then moves in the starting lineup)

Westbrook is one of the most easiest players to frustrate in the NBA. Barea did it a few nights ago and Pargo did it last night.

Some of the shots he were taking in the 4th quarter just seemed like he really didn't give a ++@#. The game could've been over earlier in the 4th if it wasn't for some of those bone headed plays.

That boy Harden tho
sick.gif
. One of the Grizz commentators said it last night and I agree that he's just important to that team as KD. I don't think OKC needs Westbrook to succeed because anytime I see them play, they seem like a better team when he's not on the court. Maybe that's just me though and I would much rather see an OKC fan point of view. They may feel the same way about Westbrook as I feel about Rudy when people say Memphis is better without him.
laugh.gif

People keep saying that "if Westbrook, if Westbrook, if Westbrook"...when is it going to come a point in time when the guy you see is the guy you will get? This is his 4th season in the league. I really think he wants to be the man on another team and he's not the perfect complement to Durant. You want your PG to complement KD. If he doesn't, they will always fall short of beating a team like Miami or Chicago for a championship for the time being.

Memphis wasn't shooting the ball well enough last night or down the stretch to the point where OKC was gonna pay for Westbrook's msitakes. Let that have been a veteran team and they would've definitely paid.

Back
Top Bottom