☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Wait, so suddenly McRoberts should have been a hot commodity? ok
laugh.gif
Obviously it's early, but through three games McRoberts looks like a solid third big man in a rotation.

I didn't really have any problems with Westbrook's shot selection outside of those two threes. Everything else was 18 feet and in. He was just off. Chalk it up as a bad game & move on. No need to trade him.

Not sure how the Bulls have the best package anyone could offer. OKC could offer Westbrook, Ibaka or Perkins, Collison and some first rounders for Dwight, Jameer and Hedo. Pretty positive that's better than Taj Gibson, Noah and Deng or whatever the Bulls offer would be.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

all this westbrook crap is just making it harder for the lakers to get dwight. if i were the thunder id try and trade perkins and westbrook for howard...

i said this a while ago..

but howard would never sign long term, so it would never happen

thunder have the young star, cheap roll players, expiring contracts (altough they bought out nate, which was a 4 mill expiring deal.. so not sure if they get some sort of trade exemption or what) and could afford to give up the draft picks since they have a solid core in place

I liked McRob before the start of the season.

A lot of Memphians didn't want to trade OJ for him and Rush because they thought McRoberts sucked when most haven't seen him play since Duke. They thought since the guy was white and goofy looking, he sucked.
eyes.gif
 Ignorance.

He would definitely be better than #$%$$#@ Brian Skinner.
laugh.gif

When you factor in that Chicago is a big market, they have the best package. Dwight doesn't want to be in a small market from what I've been told. I'll throw Boozer and Noah for Dwight honestly.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by NobleKane

all this westbrook crap is just making it harder for the lakers to get dwight. if i were the thunder id try and trade perkins and westbrook for howard...

i said this a while ago..

but howard would never sign long term, so it would never happen

thunder have the young star, cheap roll players, expiring contracts (altough they bought out nate, which was a 4 mill expiring deal.. so not sure if they get some sort of trade exemption or what) and could afford to give up the draft picks since they have a solid core in place

I highly doubt Dwight would walk away from OKC if they made a deep postseason run.

If they get Nelson as well, an end of the game lineup of Nelson/Harden/Durant/Ibaka/Howard is dangerous. The best center in the league with a shooter at the 1, a bright young SG with three point range, & one of the best scorers in the league at the 3? Woah. If they don't get Nelson, Maynor is a 35% career 3 point shooter.

They would have an excellent shot at winning the whole thing. I just don't believe that Howard would walk away from that.

Looks like the Sun' latest reclamation project will be Michael Redd.

Edit

LeBron's post game coming along nicely.

I definitely think OKC would have more to offer for Howard than the Bulls. OKC is pretty much top to bottom with good players
and key role player pieces. No matter who you throw in from the Bulls, if you add in Boozer, you'd basically be negating the trade.
Not saying Boozer sucks at all, but it's like he never rises to the occasion when you need him too. You get the feeling that he could
be so much better but he's ok where he's at right now, and has been for a long time.

Ok I here's my question... If you're OKC and you guys get knocked off in the WCF or even worst before the WCF all the while Russy has a few more blow upsetting the climate... You go into the next season and he has a blow up early and another game in which he shoot KD out of the game... Do you consider a straight up trade for Wall from DC?

The reason I say Wall is he's 21 now, all things considered I don't see things improving in DC to the point of him staying past his rookie contract so their going to have to think about it.

So do you?
nerd.gif

If Dwight went to OKC and formed Kobe and Shaq 2.0 the whole big market thing should be thrown out the window. The market will come to them. If he'd turn that down to play with D-Will and a bunch of bums just to play in Brooklyn then he's a damn idiot.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I agree w. What Up said...

Also, getting rid of Westbrook is a knee-jerk reaction. The team is WINNING. They won with him going 0-13. EVERY team has flare-ups with it's players. I don't get why folks are so hyper-sensitive about Westbrook? I get that KD is uber humble and easy to like, but damn....Westbrook wants it just as bad as him. No need to blow things up because Russ was off last night. Take him off the team, and I don't know who you'd bring in to replace his production. Not only on offense, but defense. There is a lot that Westbrook needs to work on, but he's young and a KEY part of OKC's success.
Exactly. 
I think people criticize and hate Westbrook easily because everyone loves Durant and everyone is so protective of the golden boy. I mean look at JapanAir's rant, like Westbrook stole his girlfriend and pushed his mom down a flight of stairs or something. Saying he hopes he's out of the NBA in a few years.. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Then you have people like bhz saying he is who he is at the START of his 4th year in the league. Nevermind the fact that he's improved his FG%, 3pt%, PPG, averaged 2 steals a game last season and 8 assists per game, and he's TWENTY THREE YEARS OLD. Meanwhile I'm sure if this was Mike Conley he would still be saying in 4 years, "Yeah but he's still got room for improvement"

I'm a Westbrook fan and no one can deny he has a lot to still work on. He's too fast in a bad way at times, cut down on the turnovers, settle down and keep your composure and know when to attack and when to distribute. I also think the coach is responsible for a lot of these "problems". Get control of your point guard and create better offensive sets that maximize both of your stars. This has been one of the most media influenced "problems" I've seen in some time. If ESPN doesn't talk about the disputes between the two, then I don't think this is an issue at all. That's obviously a problem if Russ can let other influences affect his play, but damn.. they're winning and he's 23, I'm not worried at all.

Westbrook is just an %%* hole but the world is full of %%* holes, of which there are very few who posses his basketball abilities.

i dont understand how you can think that this is a media created idea. i really don't. I'm sick of shoot first point guards in general.

Dwight and Durant would be something crazy

Mavs' slow start weighs on Chandler despite move to Knicks

He still refers to the Mavericks as "my teammates," which is probably habit, and said he got angry at family members for taking joy while watching Dallas' defensive woes against Miami on television in the Christmas dismantling. It is definitely a loyalty to a franchise he will always appreciate after being part of a championship.
But make no mistake. Tyson Chandler -- Tyson Chandler of the Knicks -- has no conflicted sense of place.

New York is home after a four-year contract worth a reported $56 million and a recruiting job from Carmelo Anthony that wasn't -- Melo called and talked as if it was understood Chandler would anchor the defense, without any uncertainty it would actually happen. And if it hadn't been New York, Chandler would have joined the Warriors, the opponent Wednesday night at Oracle Arena, and, in fact, he said he had all but decided on Golden State before the Knicks jumped in late.

The Mavericks?

"My teammates," yes, but in a strange past where he played a pivotal role in a title in late June and by early July and the start of the lockout was already realizing he had no chance at a long-term contract if the front office was plotting for cap space for summer 2012 and a packaged pursuit of Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.

Chandler sees it all so clearly now, after initially dismissing the premonition from agent Jeff Schwartz that life in Dallas may not last much past the parade. In his mind -- and he says in the mind of the prominent Mavs holdovers -- the title defense was sacrificed to build a war chest for Free Agency '12.

"I understand what he's (owner Mark Cuban) thinking," Chandler said. "He's thinking about next summer and Dwight and D-Will and maybe being able to hit a home run and landing both. But the problem with that is if Dwight ends up in L.A. or with the Nets or anywhere else, it kind of shatters that whole thinking. Then I guess it's back to the drawing board.

"The only thing at this point that's disappointing is my teammates," Chandler said. "I love Dirk (Nowitzki). I love J-Kidd (Jason Kidd). I love Jet (Jason Terry). I love my entire staff and coaching staff. It's difficult to watch them going through what they're going through. It's so early in the season, but just knowing that you don't have the same kind of firepower to contend and really go after it and be back-to-back champions."

Of course Chandler has taken note of the Mavs' opening with 105 points allowed and 48.7 percent shooting by the Heat as the Chandler family cheered the defensive face plant and then 115 points and 49.4 percent by the Nuggets, just in time to face flammable Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City in two of the next four games. Everyone has taken note.

"I know that's the hole," Chandler said. "I know that I was there filling a lot of that void last year. I can see it. I'm barking at the TV when I was watching the game because I know what's going on. It just is what it is. I think it's difficult for guys to go out there and play and I think a lot of it for those guys is that we won a championship last year together and basically the guys in the locker room were told, 'We're looking for next year.' These are guys that just came off of winning a championship, guys with a lot of heart, a lot of passion for the game. They know that the organization is looking to next year. It's almost expected that they get off to a slow start. I don't believe this is going to continue, honestly. They're too good not to start beating some teams. But I knew a tough start was going to happen.

"I was watching the game against Miami after our game (against the Celtics on Christmas) in a restaurant with my family. You know how family is. I'm gone so even though they love those guys over there, it's like, 'Yep, see, they never should have let you go.' I'm sitting there and I honestly got a little angry and I barked at my family a little bit. I didn't want to see my teammates go through that. I didn't want to see them look the way they did. But I sensed it was going to come. In all honesty, I don't look back because I honestly wish them success. In the past, if you would have asked me the question about the Bulls or the Hornets, I love to see them lose when I leave. But it wasn't the same way with Dallas. I actually wanted to see them start off well and do good for the guys that were there."

There is no sense of joyful vindication in Chandler's voice. Besides, his new team has its own problems after dropping to 1-1 with an embarrassing showing Wednesday, a 92-78 loss despite facing a Warriors team without Stephen Curry because of an ankle injury and Monta Ellis making just 8 of 22 shots. But it's still hard not to notice and not to care about the Mavericks. It's hard not to be disappointed.

Link

Originally Posted by DubA169

i dont understand how you can think that this is a media created idea. i really don't. I'm sick of shoot first point guards in general.

Dwight and Durant would be something crazy
I didn't say created, I said influenced. I'm sure these disputes would still happen if ESPN and the rest never reported on it, but it would be settled on the court and in the locker room, and it would be business as usual the next day. I think it's blown far out of proportion and is a much smaller issue than people are making it out to be.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Ok I here's my question... If you're OKC and you guys get knocked off in the WCF or even worst before the WCF all the while Russy has a few more blow upsetting the climate... You go into the next season and he has a blow up early and another game in which he shoot KD out of the game... Do you consider a straight up trade for Wall from DC?

The reason I say Wall is he's 21 now, all things considered I don't see things improving in DC to the point of him staying past his rookie contract so their going to have to think about it.

So do you?
nerd.gif

The players play and live in this media driven world as much as we get the majority of our information from those same media outlets.

Point being, it can expound an issue in the public's eyes the same as it can blow up the situation internally with Westbrook and OKC. Players like Westbrook don't always take the "settle it ourselves" approach to conflict. He's just as likely, if not more, to display his poor attitude and say stupid things to the media as would be to actually solve this with only OKC ears.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Why would Washington make that trade though?

If Wall does what Eric Gordon did in signing only the 1 yr option at the end of all Rookie contracts., which he'd be a fool not to with the way that franchise is being managed, they face the possibility of losing him for nothing.  Whereas they could get another stud PG whose locked in for a few more years.  So it would be something they would have to consider, atleast I think so.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Durden7

Why would Washington make that trade though?

If Wall does what Eric Gordon did in signing only the 1 yr option at the end of all Rookie contracts., which he'd be a fool not to with the way that franchise is being managed, they face the possibility of losing him for nothing.  Whereas they could get another stud PG whose locked in for a few more years.  So it would be something they would have to consider, atleast I think so.
Wall wears his heart on his sleeve and it's easy to see that he's DISGUSTED by some of his teammates - with good reason.  With this new era of "super-teams," I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest at Wall leaving after his rookie deal (if things don't get better quickly). 

Granted the teams are constructed differently, but Derrick Rose has NEVER played for a sub .500 club.  Chris Paul, never had less than 37 wins as a starter...it goes on and on.  If this team doesn't trend "up" quickly, Wall's decision to stay or leave might not be as clear-cut as we think. 

I said in another thread that someone made a tongue-and-cheek comment about Wall not being here in 2 years.  I laughed it off, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that IT could happen.  Things are not good in DC.  The team is collectively dumb, the coach is bad, and there is a lot of confusion about WHERE this team goes from here.  If things don't turn around quickly, DC basketball may take a turn for the worse. 

Also, I agree w. BigJ's post

Then you have people like bhz saying he is who he is at the START of his 4th year in the league. Nevermind the fact that he's improved his FG%, 3pt%, PPG, averaged 2 steals a game last season and 8 assists per game, and he's TWENTY THREE YEARS OLD. Meanwhile I'm sure if this was Mike Conley he would still be saying in 4 years, "Yeah but he's still got room for improvement"

I'd love to see Bhz address the last line BigJ wrote....

Russ would essentially be gone in a couple years in WAS too. I think he may want to be "the man" but not with a bunch of looney toons in Javelle and Blatche out there too.

Back
Top Bottom