☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

So let me get this straight you want the thunder to get rid of the most athletic PG in the league, Who hasn't scratched their prime, Gets to the basket/line at will, PLAYS GOOD DEFENSE willingly, already gives you 22 & 8 consistently because he yelled at thabo
ohwell.gif

Stop letting ESPN hype things up

Originally Posted by eplaya06

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Why does Minnesota lose all the time? On paper, they have a nice team. Id take any of their top 9 or so guys on my team with a quickness. Did Wade travel on his game winner in Charlotte?
Not a travel.� You're allowed to take a hop and pivot, just gotta keep your pivot foot down.� If you look closely at his left foot, (his pivot foot) it doesn't move or slide.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

People keep saying that "if Westbrook, if Westbrook, if Westbrook"...when is it going to come a point in time when the guy you see is the guy you will get? This is his 4th season in the league. I really think he wants to be the man on another team and he's not the perfect complement to Durant. You want your PG to complement KD. If he doesn't, they will always fall short of beating a team like Miami or Chicago for a championship for the time being.
but who is that player?

with the way harden and KD like to handle the ball.. they need someone who can consistantly hit an open shot.. so rondo wouldn't work

i could see deron, since he can play both on and off the ball (hence why i suggested jrue above).. but then you have to factor in who would be willing to sign long term in OKC

but you're right, harden and KD are our most important players (hence why i made the '90s bulls comparison a TON of pages ago of  OKC not needing a traditional PG, just someone who can hit 3s at a very high rate).. but we do have to remember russ JUST turned 23

Russy stresses me, but son is super talented and is only 23, he SHOULD mature with time and OKC at this point still NEEDS his scoring, Harden and KD going to be dropping 80+ every night? They don't exactly have multiple options that can get buckets outside of those three. But hey if OKC doesn't want him, I have a purple and gold 0 jersey waiting for him in my closet.

I agree w. What Up said...

Also, getting rid of Westbrook is a knee-jerk reaction. The team is WINNING. They won with him going 0-13. EVERY team has flare-ups with it's players. I don't get why folks are so hyper-sensitive about Westbrook? I get that KD is uber humble and easy to like, but damn....Westbrook wants it just as bad as him. No need to blow things up because Russ was off last night. Take him off the team, and I don't know who you'd bring in to replace his production. Not only on offense, but defense. There is a lot that Westbrook needs to work on, but he's young and a KEY part of OKC's success.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Russy stresses me, but son is super talented and is only 23, he SHOULD mature with time and OKC at this point still NEEDS his scoring, Harden and KD going to be dropping 80+ every night? They don't exactly have multiple options that can get buckets outside of those three. But hey if OKC doesn't want him, I have a purple and gold 0 jersey waiting for him in my closet.

It was bad business to trade Steph, and its bad business to trade Westbrook.
You make it seem like Westbrook, and Steph don't have valid points in both arguments.
KG was scared of the moment, Steph wasn't. KD cant always create shots on a consistent basis, Westbrook can get any look he wants. Giving Steph the blame for Phoenix is one thing, giving him the blame for Minnesota not working? That's a combination of things.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

jesus christ what the heck is goin on in the knicks season thread? i thought us laker fans had our finger on the panic button
laugh.gif
its just one game. i bet they come back tomorrow and beat the lakers...

it isn't just one game. it's every year with dantoni. same thing over and over again no matter who is on the roster.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

You make it seem like Westbrook, and Steph don't have valid points in both arguments.
KG was scared of the moment, Steph wasn't. KD cant always create shots on a consistent basis, Westbrook can get any look he wants. Giving Steph the blame for Phoenix is one thing, giving him the blame for Minnesota not working? That's a combination of things.
? I'm not disagreeing with you
laugh.gif
It would be stupid for OKC to trade Russy. I'm just saying I'd take him on the Lakers in a heartbeat, but then again we do have the corpse of Derek Fisher starting for us so I would probably be an upgrade too. If the Thunder are going to make noise as everyone expects them too this season Westbrook will have to play a huge role.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

to be honest.. just thinking about the thunder's needs and which teams might be capable of filling them in a trade...

and an interesting team to consider would be the 76ers.. jrue and westbrook would be the main pieces of the deal.. but i could see the 76ers putting together a decent package (a replacement PG and either decent draft picks or players who can provide bench scoring.. asssuming harden then moves in the starting lineup)

I can only IMAGINE the slurpage if Jrue went to a contending team like the Thunder. Skip Bayless would be talking about dude being a Top 5 PG in the league about 2 games in. Jrue would really be the perfect fit for that team too. Plays real good defense, plays at a steady pace but knows when to push it, good passer, doesn't force anything, hits clutch shots and doesn't turn the ball over. It'd help Philly too cause they need a #1 scorer and would for sure let Westbrook go to work. He'd be the new Iverson there. People would finally have a reason to come to the games. The athleticism out there between him, Iggy and Thad would be 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

? I'm not disagreeing with you
laugh.gif
It would be stupid for OKC to trade Russy. I'm just saying I'd take him on the Lakers in a heartbeat, but then again we do have the corpse of Derek Fisher starting for us so I would probably be an upgrade too. If the Thunder are going to make noise as everyone expects them too this season Westbrook will have to play a huge role.
I messed up.

On a side note I think if Derrick Rose shoots more than 3 3pointers tonight were gone have to get him a psychiatrist, to get him to stop putting all that pressure on himself. Even in a win 7 is too many.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

to be honest.. just thinking about the thunder's needs and which teams might be capable of filling them in a trade...

and an interesting team to consider would be the 76ers.. jrue and westbrook would be the main pieces of the deal.. but i could see the 76ers putting together a decent package (a replacement PG and either decent draft picks or players who can provide bench scoring.. asssuming harden then moves in the starting lineup)

I can only IMAGINE the slurpage if Jrue went to a contending team like the Thunder. Skip Bayless would be talking about dude being a Top 5 PG in the league about 2 games in. Jrue would really be the perfect fit for that team too. Plays real good defense, plays at a steady pace but knows when to push it, good passer, doesn't force anything, hits clutch shots and doesn't turn the ball over. It'd help Philly too cause they need a #1 scorer and would for sure let Westbrook go to work. He'd be the new Iverson there. People would finally have a reason to come to the games. The athleticism out there between him, Iggy and Thad would be 
sick.gif

this is a deal i could see working for both teams (assume 76ers throw in a 1st rounder or 2):

thunder send russ to the 76ers..

76ers send jrue, lou, meeks and draft picks to the thunder

the thunder get scoring punch of the bench in meeks and lou.. harden can move in the starting lineup as a result.. and we get a replacement PG in jrue

Originally Posted by HankMoody

C-Webb had a 10 second long " Rondoooo" yell last night. LMAO. Him > Shaq.
Man, I had my headphones on at that time, and I thought I was losing my damn mind while that was happening
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

If OKC is stupid enough to trade Westbrook, there are about 27 teams salivating to get him ,

Heck the Clippers would just play him at the 2, so would the Bulls. Better make it every damn team would try and find a package for him.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

If OKC is stupid enough to trade Westbrook, there are about 27 teams salivating to get him ,

it won't happen.. at least i doubt it does.. but it is fun to discuss..

it's just that any trade is difficult, since the thunder are solid across the board.. so who do you go after

harden is only 22 and coming into his own (so that's your SG).. ibaka is also 22 and has shown flashes (that's your PF)

KD is your star at 23 (that's your SF).. perkins is reasonably cheap for what centers are being paid now

so the only 2 positions you really would go after would be C or PG IF trading russ

then on the bench you have guys on cheap contracts.. thabo and collison are locked in for cheap for a couple years.. cook signed a 2 year extension.. maynor and aldrich are on rookie deals (and reggie jackson was drafted to replace maynor, who could get traded or just won't be resigned unless he comes back for cheap)

Smh at Memphis for not jumping on that Rush/McRoberts for OJ deal.

Hollins wants a SG that can defend and shoot and could've had that in Rush. Now, Memphis still stuck with a limited offensive player/great defensive player in Tony. They brought in Pondexter to be that guy instead of making the deal that gave us more depth.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Smh at Memphis for not jumping on that Rush/McRoberts for OJ deal.

Hollins wants a SG that can defend and shoot and could've had that in Rush. Now, Memphis still stuck with a limited offensive player/great defensive player in Tony. They brought in Pondexter to be that guy instead of making the deal that gave us more depth.
indifferent.gif
Hindsight is 20-20....

http://www.businessinside...to-chicago-bulls-2011-12

As many of the “uninformedâ€

Wait, so suddenly McRoberts should have been a hot commodity? ok
laugh.gif

***EDIT: Why is Luke Walton still allowed to wear NBA uniform?  

all this westbrook crap is just making it harder for the lakers to get dwight. if i were the thunder id try and trade perkins and westbrook for howard...

Back
Top Bottom