☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

[table][tr][td]allen3xis[/td][td][/td][td]#38[/td][td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://allen3xis.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

04/07/08 3:58 PM
[/td][td]
Derrick Rose can be better than Williams and Paul 

he can be better than damn near every PG that ever has picked up a basketball. 
[/td][/tr][/url][/table]

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

No point in even arguing the best PG in any conversation, dude's have a good game and the scale is tipped back towards ____. Everyone on this board was saying CP3 was the best PG hands down when he man-handled the Lakers.
laugh.gif

And yes, LeBron is clear-cut better than Durant. You're a dummy if you don't acknowledge LeBron as the best player in the game right now.
laugh.gif
Welp.
laugh.gif

Its really the people that bring Lebron's "clutchness" into play. Every argument starts out like:

"Lebron is the best player or SF in the league, hands down!"

"Nope. He's not clutch. Wade is better. He's Batman, Lebron is Robin." or "Nope. He's not clutch. Kobe has 5 rings." or "Nope. He's not clutch. Durant is younger and is just better."

laugh.gif

Well he did almost choke the game away today with that stupid pass and Wade hit the game winning shot 2 games in a row
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I'm so sick of hearing this Lebron isn't the best player in the league !%*+.
What's so hard to get?!

If people don't know by now, there's really no point.

D Rose led his team to the best record in the league with only a few years experience under his belt..When were the Hornets ever in the top 4 in the West? I know he never had a stacked team, but if you consider Luol Deng, Joakim Noah, and Carlos Boozer to be "Stacked," you must have low standards
laugh.gif
D Rose carried the Bulls many nights..MVP=Take him off the team and they're drastically worse..Imagine the Bulls current lineup w/o Rose and tell me they finish higher than 7th in the East..The guy is an incredible player..And this is coming from a Knicks' fan that has hated the Bulls since he was a kid

Oh yeah, and his biggest weakness in the past was inconsistent perimeter jumpers and dude is shooting a high percentage from the 3 point line..If he's consistently hitting deep jumpers on a nightly basis, it's lights out for majority of the leagues defenses
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

I'm not trying to hear it no more rose is the best in the league playing pg
Agreed.  Tonight proved he's a VERY VERY underated passer.  He doesn't make the flashy Nash passes often but he makes the right passes.  He hit Rip in stride all night off of curls, he found Korver on the drive and kicks, he fed the post players.  He actually passes ahead to teamates also.

Most important when he drives its usually a good drive and he scores or gets fouled.  Rarely does he get stripped or throw a wild pass.

He's just so athletic but under control.  Its crazy. and then he's hitting 3's too.  What can you do with him?

as far as a TRUE pg i'm putting rondo over rose, cp3, and dwill.

overall though the best player at the PG position is rose IMO.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

No point in even arguing the best PG in any conversation, dude's have a good game and the scale is tipped back towards ____. Everyone on this board was saying CP3 was the best PG hands down when he man-handled the Lakers.
laugh.gif

And yes, LeBron is clear-cut better than Durant. You're a dummy if you don't acknowledge LeBron as the best player in the game right now.
laugh.gif
Welp.
laugh.gif

Its really the people that bring Lebron's "clutchness" into play. Every argument starts out like:

"Lebron is the best player or SF in the league, hands down!"

"Nope. He's not clutch. Wade is better. He's Batman, Lebron is Robin." or "Nope. He's not clutch. Kobe has 5 rings." or "Nope. He's not clutch. Durant is younger and is just better."

laugh.gif
I'm really tired of the whole Batman/Robin crap. There's two Batmans,
laugh.gif

If there's a Robin, it's Bosh. Wade and LeBron both excel at what they have always excelled at, and that's what makes this team so good. That's why they spanked the Mavericks so bad opening night. They are hungry, good for them.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

D Rose led his team to the best record in the league with only a few years experience under his belt..When were the Hornets ever in the top 4 in the West?
Hornets finished 2nd in the West in 2008.

The LeBrons (Rose, Griffin, D12 and the dude himself) were scary tonight.

On that note who is the LeBron of SG's (basketball-specific athletic freak for his position aka bigger/faster/stronger/quicker/more explosive/more you get the idea)? I don't see a player who has separated himself like the aforementioned.

Such a contrast in style between CP3 and Rose so it's hard to compare.

It really depends on what type of team you're trying to build and who the complementary pieces are. Either way there's no doubt those are the 2 best PGs in the universe..

I know he never had a stacked team

What are you talking about? As a Bulls fan, this team is stacked. This year and last. The best front court resides in Chicago when depth is taken into account. Noah/Asik
Boozer/Gibson

Deng/Brewer 

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

D Rose led his team to the best record in the league with only a few years experience under his belt..When were the Hornets ever in the top 4 in the West?

indifferent.gif
@myself..You're completely right..I forgot all about that...But to be fair, here are the Hornets' standings the other years besides that one

2010-2011: 7th Seed
2009-2010: Missed playoffs
2008-2009: 7th Seed
2007-2008: 2nd Seed @ 56 wins (great season)
2006-2007:Missed Playoffs

Originally Posted by HankMoody

On that note who is the LeBron of SG's (basketball-specific athletic freak for his position aka bigger/faster/stronger/quicker/more explosive/more you get the idea)? I don't see a player who has separated himself like the aforementioned.

Could be Eric Gordon if the bum would get a hyperbaric chamber.

You serious?
laugh.gif
The SG you can't think of is on the same team as LeBron..Wade isn't a freak athlete, stronger than damn near every SG, that is extremely talented n explosive? He's possibly the best shot blocking SG of our generation

I think right now it would have to be Wade. But I agree, it's not as obvious as the other positions.

indifferent.gif
@myself..You're completely right..I forgot all about that...But to be fair, here are the Hornets' standings the other years besides that one
Yeah, I wasn't trying to argue with anything you were saying; just mentioned it because it was a great season for them. I still believe that CP3 should've gotten MVP.

indifferent.gif
Yeah, I wasn't trying to argue with anything you were saying; just mentioned it because it was a great season for them. I still believe that CP3 should've gotten MVP.

He definitely deserved it that year. 21 PPG and 12 APG..Great numbers for a guy that was playing against great Western teams on a nightly basis..That year was one of the best years the Western Conference had in this decade. The 8th seed that year had 50 wins
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

What's so hard to get?!

If he's so good why did he only average 2 points in the fourth quarter in the biggest series of his life? 
I guess you guys are talking about best REGULAR SEASON player?

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

What's so hard to get?!

If he's so good why did he only average 2 points in the fourth quarter in the biggest series of his life? 
I guess you guys are talking about best REGULAR SEASON player?

Did you forget what he did in the 2 series before that? Those were the 2 biggest series of his life, at that moment, as well. LeBron had a terrible series for once. How dare he? 
LeBron in the 2009 playoffs ... 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Rose was certainly the better PG tonight. Not a slight to Paul. he was great too.

The bulls as a team just looked great. Everyone contributed. This game highlighted their league best depth, along with Rose
laugh.gif
. They have a strong 10 man rotation. Ridiculous.

edit: ^What about his 4th quarters in the playoffs against Boston and Chicago LAST SEASON?
Darko's positioning...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What's so hard to get?!

I really want someone to explain to me his 4th quarters though.  You all CLAMOR for his greatness, and I sit there on Twitter askin things like, why can I not see him on my 65 inch HD tv with the other 9 guys on the court?  Oh, cuz he's FORTY feet from the rim.  Why? 

Why does Wade have it, have no angle, turn to Bron who is backing away to the opposite side of the floor, tosses it to Bron who throws it RIGHT BACK to Wade and continues backing away? 

And then why does LeBron James (the best player in the game as you guys claim) inbound the ball with 7 seconds left in a game? 
sick.gif

MJ inbound the ball? 
Kobe?
Durant?
Melo?

It would be one thing if he inbounded, and then got it right back, one of those plays, but that's not what it was. 

And just so we are perfectly clear, this all happened, TONIGHT, vs the Minnesota Timberwolves, not the Celtics, not the Bulls, not the 91 Pistons, the TWolves.  Not a player on that court, hell, leaguewide as you guys say, that can stop Bron, so why he so far from the rim in crunch time?  Why he don't DEMAND the ball and clear out the court?  Wade does, does it all the time. 

I'm begging you people to answer this, and none of you will.  Allen has before, and I enjoy listening to what he says on the matter, but everyone else runs from it.  They hide, like I can't see the @#$% right there on my screen.  Everyone just goes, welp, Heat win, great game guys, and leaves Twitter/NT like it's no big deal. 

That is a ginormus elephant in the room.  I'm not asking for him to hit buzzer beaters every game, or score 30 points in a 4th quarter, I am not.  I am asking, why isn't he INSIDE THE THREE POINT LINE AT LEAST late in games?  Why is he catching the ball, and passing it right back like it's Luke Walton giving it back to Kobe in a tenth of a second?  Why is he taking the ball out, a role that would always be a Battier type role, or a Grant Hill, or a LO.  NOT "the best player in the game" as you all say. 

I'm not going to do this all year again, I'm pretty sure he has shown what's up last June, and a lot of crow got swallowed.  I don't feel the need to rehash every damn regular season game.  But since all saw this tonight, and the subject comes up yet again, I would like answers,from BHZ, and JD specifically.  Anyone else can answer as well if they'd like.  But I suspect it will just get ignored, I'm blind, hater, homer, blah blah blah and be expected to just follow the sheep like everyone else. 
laugh.gif
  Hey, I can cheer the guy on for 44 minutes a night and then switch to Wade no problem, just tell me why I need to do so please.  I wanna fit in. 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom