☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

the hell is happeneing in Dallas?
30t6p3b.gif

Kevin Love has made the T-Wolves a must watch for me now, dude could be making the leap to an MVP caliber player. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Kevin Love has made the T-Wolves a must watch for me now, dude could be making the leap to an MVP caliber player. 
pimp.gif
I was thinking the other day, how many players I would take for love straight up, last year it was probably close to 20, this year, I can't name 10.

Wow Heat loss and OKC on the verge of its first loss. I have a feeling both will meet in the Finals. Reaching

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Wow Heat loss and OKC on the verge of its first loss. I have a feeling both will meet in the Finals. Reaching
Reaching? Right..
laugh.gif

That's what 90% of this community thinks will happen.
laugh.gif

Great game tonight from the boys from Big D. Defense was on-point, and getting some flow on offense.

Best game easily from Vince, Lamar, and Haywood. Ian also had a pretty good game.

The Knicks started Josh Harrellson, Toney Douglas and Landry Fields tonight.

My god.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

No team with Russell Westbrook as the point guard will ever make any real noise.
Hmmm.

I don't hate the guy but I think you're selling him short.

Still though, there could be something to that statement. Hmmm

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Knicks started Josh Harrellson, Toney Douglas and Landry Fields tonight.

My god.
So because Chandler had a decent game you had to pick something else about the Knicks to try to make fun of.
Fields has been a starter since last year. Douglas is not a long term starter, once Davis gets healthy he should be coming off the bench. Harrellson played well last game, clearly was awful tonight but Amare was hurt. He's a crappy backup big man but depth isn't a strong suit for the Knicks, which we all knew coming into this season.

I'm not trying to hate, but I don't think Baron should be starting. Baron will bring some much needed offense from the bench hopefully, and that's how it should be IMO.

Two Point Guards Are Better Than One in Denver

When the Denver Nuggets traded Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups to the Knicks last season, an opportunity arose for George Karl and his incredibly deep and highly unorthodox roster. There would be no more stifling isolations, no more breaks with the slow-footed Billups leading the way, no more indifferent defense from Anthony, nor any dropoff when the Nuggets’ stars went to the bench.

Karl was given a 12-deep roster, laced with talent and merely waiting for the right systemic freedom. So he gave it to them, and the Nuggets ran from the day of the trade through their eventual postseason exit, through the off-season (how else to explain their current conditioning?) and into a new year. Fast-breaking was a common occurrence before Anthony’s departure, but for Denver it’s become a more hard-lined philosophy; a way of life.

The Nuggets run with a perfect balance of discipline and abandon, but still lack the kind of propulsive superstars that have keyed the success of previous fast-breaking teams. The system itself provides the framework, but what force drives the Nuggets as Steve Nash drove the run-and-gun Suns, or Magic Johnson drove the Showtime Lakers?

The simple answer is, naturally, their point guard. But a more complete answer? The point guard behind the point guard, and the dual-creator lineups that Karl has gone to early and often.

Ty Lawson is off to an incredible start this season, as he leads the Nuggets with a 25.6 Player Efficiency Rating (P.E.R.) – a mark good enough to place him in the top 10 in that measure leaguewide. He is averaging over 20 points and 6 assists per 36 minutes, with incredible shooting percentages across the board and a completely reasonable turnover rate. It’s unwise to lean too heavily on statistics collected over a sample size of just five games, but if nothing else they’re a fair descriptor of just how brilliant and efficient Lawson has been up to this point, however early it may be.

Ranked right behind Lawson in P.E.R. among Nuggets players is his supposed backup, Andre Miller (21.0), who, at 35, has provided an unexpectedly perfect complement for the up-and-coming Lawson.

Individually, Lawson and Miller are very good players capable of triggering the Nuggets’ relentless offense as interchangeable point men. But when both are on the floor together, Denver can create outlets to its transition game even more quickly and seamlessly. The Nuggets thrive by creating turnovers (they currently rank second in opponents’ turnover rate, behind only the Miami Heat), and even if Lawson or Miller does not get a steal to cue the break, the ball is in one of their hands within nanoseconds. Such is the benefit of having two offensive initiators on the court at the same time; even the chaos of the post-turnover scene cannot stop Denver from getting the ball to the right place. From there, the two players share control of the offense, be it in a coordinated sprint upcourt or a spiral of alternating drive-and-kick attacks when things slow down.

One point guard or the other seemingly has his fingerprints on every Nuggets bucket, an impression made more literal in the final seven minutes of Denver’s gutsy win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday night.
Danilo Gallinari claimed a 1-point lead for Denver with 7 minutes 5 seconds remaining in the game, and from that point on Lawson and Miller were responsible for each of Denver’s 17 points (ignoring formality free throws via intentional fouling).
Miller and Lawson appropriately applied the dagger in tandem. In the penultimate clip in the above video, a steal by Miller cues an unexpected break in which Miller and Lawson use a series of simple, well-timed passes to befuddle the hapless Steve Blake.

The Nuggets are simply at their best when both point guards are on the court together, as are Miller and Lawson in terms of their individual performance. With data courtesy of NBA.com’s invaluable StatsCube, here’s a look at how Lawson, specifically, produces both with and without Miller on the court:

02millerchart-offthedribble-blog480.jpg

The impact is unmistakable, as Miller’s presence makes Lawson’s play more productive, more efficient, and thus far, more conducive to winning basketball. More extensive lineup data explains the trend in greater detail, as we can see rather easily that the Lawson-Miller tandem acts as an anchor for virtually all of Denver’s most effective lineups.

Karl’s system (on both sides of the ball; Denver’s seventh-ranked defense is an essential part of their approach) provides the Nuggets with their unyielding engine, but their two creators act as the key. Every forced turnover, loose ball or rebound is a chance for ignition, and though Denver’s dual-point guard alignment may be an unconventional look for a typical fast-breaking offense, mere orthodoxy couldn’t stop Lawson and Miller from bringing the Nuggets some early season buzz.

Link

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm not trying to hate, but I don't think Baron should be starting. Baron will bring some much needed offense from the bench hopefully, and that's how it should be IMO.
That's not hate, it's just incorrect. The Knicks desperately need someone who can control the starting line-up and who can run the pick and roll better than Douglas. While the Knicks don't run complex plays (or plays at all), Douglas far too often dribbles to the three point line and just picks up his dribble and he has trouble making the right passes. Plus Chandler's game needs someone who can throw better lobs and run the P&R. 

Hoping for Baron Davis to be healthy as your starter does not give me a lot of confidence, but I'd rather see him out there than Douglas at this point. Let Toney come in with the 2nd unit and focus on scoring rather than being a point guard.

Anybody see Rubio's block on a breakaway layup tonight? Man this team is fun to watch. 5 games played and Rubio and/or D-Will have been in ESPN's Top 10 three times already. 
pimp.gif

Seriosuly thought even though they lost you see I never looked at his stats this year, but they are vicious. I like the this non 3 point shooting, Charles Barkley style post up LeBron.
pimp.gif

Hoping for Baron Davis to be healthy as your starter does not give me a lot of confidence, but I'd rather see him out there than Douglas at this point. Let Toney come in with the 2nd unit and focus on scoring rather than being a point guard.

That's my concern though. That's why I'd rather see him take on a less strenuous job. Don't expect Baron to shoot anywhere near 48-50% either, dude hasn't shot well or even remotely well since his GS days. He's very frustrating to watch. I don't know, I just haven't been thrilled to see him on any team since he left the Warriors.

But yeah like I said, the biggest thing I worry about is his health. He can distribute the ball, that's for sure, but we'll see how much of a chucker he'll be too.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

. Don't expect Baron to shoot anywhere near 48-50% either, dude hasn't shot well or even remotely well since his GS days. He's very frustrating to watch.

I disagree with this. He shot 41% while being on the Cavs squad for 15 games. At this point in his career, he's better when playing 25-30 minutes a game opposed to 35+ - and that's what get in NY..

just not a good game by the thunder.. everything just seemed off the whole game

Back
Top Bottom