☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Mr Rogers

I always knew Penny Hardaway had a high basketball IQ, but man NBA TV really needs to hire this dude full time.

kids always think he is overhyped b/c of the sneakers ... when healthy he was top 5 

RICKY RUBIOOOO000!!!1
pimp.gif

Here are my pics from last night

This is Durant's family. That is his mom, Wanda, his big brother, and his grandma who raised him. They are at every game, normally his other brother there too. His brother has on KD3 IDs that were like a red cobec or patent leather. KD talks to them during game action frequently. Desmond Mason was at the game too, he always is. As always, there's always tons of football celebrities there but I don't follow football so I have no idea who they are.

Hasn't been highlighted enough, this is the 3rd game in a row the starters sat the entire 4th quarter. It's somewhat bad for KD's stats and MVP race maybe, but it should bode well for later in the season.

What does everyone think about the 4th guard spot in the West? CP3 and Kobe obviouslty, Westbrook is in, the 4th is either Ellis, Lowry, Nash off name recognition, or very outside but possible shot for OKC to get 3 and get James in. It has happened often that the team with the best record at the time (and thus their own coach in the game) get 3, hell sometimes even 4. 18ppg or so on the West and possibly league leading team I think might be deserving. Of course this is all speculation based on current records and stats as we could hit a losing skid.

And again, nothing negative to say about Westbrook. 10 straight games of 3 or less tos. He's figuring it out, only made 1 stupid pass last night.

Reggie Jackson is good, but you can tell he's a rookie at times. He gets called for a carry every game (Durant has been too) and isn't near the shooter Maynor is.

Again, I don't see how Knicks fans can stomach Douglas AND Shumpert. Those dudes shoot with an impunity, a confidence, and a frequency that belies how bad they are at it. I'm talking specifically jump shots.

af7lvd.jpg

so8s1v.jpg

Originally Posted by OneTrust

The Clippers NEED to leave LA asap!  It's their "home court" tonight and the applause Kobe got compared to CP3 when they went to shoot their techs was waaaaay louder.
images

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif
roll.gif
at nobody says anything when Kobe shoots too much. You high as a %%@%+@$+%+## bruh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn and I was just coming in to here to criticize Kobe too. Keep doing your thing #8. We all know where averaging 30 shots has gotten Kobe (looks at 04-07 Lakers). I hope Kobe continues this streak to May. He can do it!
I'm sorry, but you are just plain stupid for this. Did you watch yesterday's game as well as the other Laker games this season? 

Originally Posted by Sighfur

Kobe's third quarter was amazing, kept it going in the 4th, but the will to scored 40 hurt his team.

I disagree..

Kobe shot 6-10 in the third.
5-6 in the fourth.

He shot less. Shot better..

In the game Kobe had 28 shots. 42 points (By quarter: 5, 6, 21, 10)  Points from Free Throw Line: 12
Pau & Bynum 30 shots. 26 points. (By quarter : 8, 10, 6, 2) Points from Free Throw Line: 0

Pau shot 17 times would have been top 4 PF in shots per game if he did that every game
Bynum shot 13 times would be 2nd in NBA among centers.

The 2 other guys who are supposed to get the ball besides Kobe. Got it a significant amount.. They didn't produce what they were supposed to.... More higher percentage shots.. And getting to the line..

13 for 30 for 7 footers. And not getting to the line but 1 time when they played 8 seconds less than 79 minutes combined.. Is their problem.. Not Kobe's problem..

They also allowed 11 more rebounds to a team they are much bigger than.. Who are 28th in Rebounds with 38. They had 50 last night. Led to 25 second chance points...

Huge Kobe fan but he needs to relax. Its almost like he's just saying "F' it, YOLO" everytime he touches the ball.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Blake Griffin acts tough on every damn play until MWP comes around. BG aka ol fake %*+ tough guy.
Metta don't really want it with quake
laugh.gif
I'm sayin
laugh.gif
 Just like when Wallace punked him and he went after a fan, Blake was on his back, and Artest set their and hit Chris Paul
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Rogers

I always knew Penny Hardaway had a high basketball IQ, but man NBA TV really needs to hire this dude full time.
pimp.gif
I didn't get to see him play a lot as a youngster. Only know him through the kicks and highlights, but him and 3d were great. I hope they don't bring Shaq up there.

I must say, I found it pretty hilarious that Mavs fans were all negative about VC coming to the team...because I knew what he was gonna bring, especially with a coach like Carlisle.  
What most people don't seem to understand is how much the system you play in affects your ability to play.  In Orlando, Stan Van Gundy runs his wack !%! Dwight down low, and 4 people stand on the outside and shoot jumpers all day.  Vince Carter is not Ray Allen...he is not a spot up jump shooter.  Never has been, and never will be.  So what would make people think he would fit in that offense?  Whenever he was isolated, and placed on the low block, he dominated.  Phoenix Suns...same thing.  Spot up jumpshooter from 3. Rick Carlisle has him in playmaker mode...which makes sense because he's an excellent passer, and he has him down on the low block posting up, where he is very effective.  He's always still been able to elevate, he's just not fast laterally anymore. Also...he wants a ring.  And he's never played for a team with the kind of unity the Mavs have.  Look at the dunk from last night...he took off and landed and did his patented motorcycle celebration, and the whole team was doin it with him (Dirk, Delonte, JET, etc.).  That type of environment is exactly what Vince has always wanted.  Mavs got a steal with him.  

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Blake Griffin acts tough on every damn play until MWP comes around. BG aka ol fake %*+ tough guy.
laugh.gif
I'm sayin
laugh.gif
 Just like when Wallace punked him and he went after a fan, Blake was on his back, and Artest set their and hit Chris Paul
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And Blake didn't do a damn thing! Dude was more rowdy and ready to go when it was Matt Barnes.
As soon as it's MWP he just sits there and does nothing. 
laugh.gif

That's the only thing he's good for now, exposing these fake tough guys. MWP may be stupid, but that's the only good thing about him anymore.

Paul Silas giving Kemba the green light for the rest of the year
pimp.gif

That's bout the only positive for the cats

laugh.gif
I'm sayin
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And Blake didn't do a damn thing! Dude was more rowdy and ready to go when it was Matt Barnes.
As soon as it's MWP he just sits there and does nothing. 
laugh.gif

That's the only thing he's good for now, exposing these fake tough guys. MWP may be stupid, but that's the only good thing about him anymore.
Well, to be real about it, Matt Barnes is the biggest fake tough guy out there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

The Clippers NEED to leave LA asap!  It's their "home court" tonight and the applause Kobe got compared to CP3 when they went to shoot their techs was waaaaay louder.
Nah, they just have to buy time til Kobe retires/skills severely deteriorate.

and that still wont help. you cant erase 20 plus years of history in a few years.

because clipper tickers will always be cheaper then laker tickets i want them to stay
laugh.gif
 but a move to orange county would do wonders for them.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Ya what idiot said that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The combination of the Niners win, God shunning Tebow, and the Kings losing by like 74 points really clouded my judgement
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
embarassed.gif
Been a great day for me,
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

49ers win that thriller and Mavs win in a blowout against the scumbag Kings? What could be better?
pimp.gif

On a serious note about Vince, I take back everything I said about the dude. He's been nothing but a positive for the Mavericks. I'm very surprised at his insistence to go to the rim a lot, to attack the rim. It really frees not only him up, but the rest of the team. He's been my favorite addition to the team, and I thought he'd be my least favorite. He brings a positive attitude, fun highlights, hard-working, giving an all-out effort, and at least tries on defense. I am also surprised at how well he's shooting. I won't trust his low FG% right now because he's really working hard to try and help this team out. He's not taking as many shots so it's harder for him to get his shot going.

I'd love for him to start next year for us when we have Deron and Dwight.
pimp.gif

Really though, I'm glad we picked him up. He gives us a much-needed shot-in-the-arm on offense, and provides the
laugh.gif
s at others. I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around long-term (meaning the duration of his twilight years). It's a nice area to play for, one of his best pals is going to retire there already, why not join him and hopefully contend? They both would play there for cheap, and I'm sure they enjoy each others company, or else he wouldn't have come on board in the first place. In a pre-season interview he said he had an eye on Dallas during the off-season even prior to them calling his agent up, whether that's just him trying to sound PC or not, I don't know, but he's been quite the opposite of what I was expecting from him.

Also, Lamar has quietly been playing more efficiently out there. Like an Antawn Jamison out there. Over our mini-winning streak, he's been rebounding a lot better, playing good defense, and trying to get dudes like Mahinmi involved (ala the alley-oop they had earlier). Hopefully now that we've strung some games together we can start playing better against good teams.

and you wonder why we call you a clown?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Bigmike... U need to tell me the girls name in your avy

laugh.gif
 u would always ask and i forget to look for u since i had know idea myself

mister answered it tho

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by Sighfur

Kobe's third quarter was amazing, kept it going in the 4th, but the will to scored 40 hurt his team.

I disagree..

Kobe shot 6-10 in the third.
5-6 in the fourth.

He shot less. Shot better..

In the game Kobe had 28 shots. 42 points (By quarter: 5, 6, 21, 10)  Points from Free Throw Line: 12
Pau & Bynum 30 shots. 26 points. (By quarter : 8, 10, 6, 2) Points from Free Throw Line: 0

Pau shot 17 times would have been top 4 PF in shots per game if he did that every game
Bynum shot 13 times would be 2nd in NBA among centers.

The 2 other guys who are supposed to get the ball besides Kobe. Got it a significant amount.. They didn't produce what they were supposed to.... More higher percentage shots.. And getting to the line..

13 for 30 for 7 footers. And not getting to the line but 1 time when they played 8 seconds less than 79 minutes combined.. Is their problem.. Not Kobe's problem..

They also allowed 11 more rebounds to a team they are much bigger than.. Who are 28th in Rebounds with 38. They had 50 last night. Led to 25 second chance points...

Thank you 
happy.gif

Oh, great.. so now we have to hear all about the amazing Vince Carter comeback.

If anyone saw a VC resurgence coming, then I want next week's lotto numbers from them. People can try to say it was Orlando's system that held him back, but that's just not true. Vince had plenty of chances every single game to drive hard to the rim and get the foul, but he wimped out and double clutched and faded away. I watched him do that every game, and I lived with Orlando fans who saw the same things. He was routinely lazy and would provide just enough flashes of the old Vince to get people hopeful and excited. I'm not rooting for the guy to fail, but I won't be impressed until he does all these amazing things when it counts, in the playoffs. Because I completely expect him to take a hard foul and get banged up and we'll see all the old classic VC qualities.

Back
Top Bottom