☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Kobe is doing this on purpose right? I mean, he has to know that he's getting close to 40 in each game. 

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by you go boy

why does kobe have to put in work every game? not trying to disrespect his game but they also got bynum and pau... are those guys not playing well? just asking because i dont watch lakers games and dont have league pass so im basing my statements off stats... so to anyone watching the lakers what the deal with them
Bynum and Pau are playing like trash. the Lakers were doing better when Kobe was playing hero ball, and they only fell behind when he was trying to get them involved. 
but truthfully, i wonder if they went into the game with a passive mindset knowing that Kobe would be gunning for his 40. 
not to mention Andrew having a lot of difficulty in creating opportunities for himself, and Pau chucking up jumpers instead of playing down low.
30t6p3b.gif

why does kobe have to put in work every game? not trying to disrespect his game but they also got bynum and pau... are those guys not playing well? just asking because i dont watch lakers games and dont have league pass so im basing my statements off stats... so to anyone watching the lakers what the deal with them
Kobe has absolutely no help along the perimeter. Pau gets nice stats but has been more or less relegated to hitting 18 footers thus far in the season. Bynum has slowed down offensively this past week after the fantastic start, been struggling with recognizing and passing out of double teams.

Those idiots were saying that Blake Griffin knew that he needed to get DeAndre Jordan involved so he made the great pass to him.

No, he made the obvious pass.

I hate when commentators hype up their own team. Shows a real lack of professionalism.

Complimenting? Fine, but listening to you gloat is annoying.

Kobe was definitely gunning for that 40.  He was soooo aggressive trying to get the ball until he actually got the 40, then he figured it was okay to pass again.
laugh.gif

Gasol's third 20/10 game in his past five. It was his eighth straight double-digit rebound game. His fifth straight game with at least two blocks. His fifth straight game to play at least 40 minutes.
Joakim Noah > Marc 
laugh.gif

Lakeshow this season win when kobe is scoring. This win streak they were on? He was scoring the ball heavy. In the first half when he wasn't scoring heavy, they were loosing. As he brought his onslaught on in the 3rd, Lakers pulled to within four. Clippers doubled hard for most of the 4th, got the ball out of his hands, and what happens? Clips go up double figures.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Kobe is doing this on purpose right? I mean, he has to know that he's getting close to 40 in each game. 
Pretty sure he's in Eff U mode right now. Everyone questioned the Lakers and the failures of the off-season moves, then people questioned his injury, then they lost that opener at home to the Bulls, and in that Wilbon piece last week he was talking about how he was voted the 7th best player in the NBA in the ESPN poll (even though he tried to pass it off as joking around). It all adds up to a run like this.

Like someone posted earlier, he'll keep going for 40 until he doesn't, then drop off significantly. And it's not like he's shooting 40% in all these games. He's at 50% overall.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Kobe was definitely gunning for that 40.  He was soooo aggressive trying to get the ball until he actually got the 40, then he figured it was okay to pass again.
laugh.gif

He did what he had to tonight, anyone who watched the game would agree. Even Clipper fans.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

laugh.gif

He did what he had to tonight, anyone who watched the game would agree. Even Clipper fans.
That too. Had to go for it.

^ that espn article is dumb.... and where they placed melo is asinine especially kobe... kobe is not in his prime anymore but he adjusted his game according to his age... but honestly how is he not better than lebron? only thing lebron got over kobe is his athletic abilities... and even that means nothing... off topic but is blake griffin that much better than kevin love? NO! sure hes more athletic but thats about it... athletic means nothing unless u dominate both sides of the ball like lebron and dwight... but still lebron will never be better than kobe unless he gets his post up game right and his jumper... he has range but thats a different story... he still cant shoot

laugh.gif

yeah... nobody came to play for the Lakeshow except for Kobe. That comeback in the third... wasted.

laugh.gif

What Clipper fans?  That "home court" was definitely more a Lakers home court than the Clippers.  It was hilarious to me when the Lakers were making a run and the "fans" there were cheering hella loud.  Thought the Lakers were really at "home" for a minute.

Anyway, I'm not saying Kobe didn't have a good shooting game but he was clearly gunning for that 40.

^ that espn article is dumb....
Dumb to you and me is motivation to someone like a Kobe Bryant. I bet you could find 876 "dumb" things written about Michael Jordan that motivated him.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Jesus the clipper commentators are HORRIBLE

Exactly.  I had the chance to watch the game on the Clippers channel or the Lakers, needless to say I chose Lakers.

I have a serious question, and I'm not just asking this question as a Knicks' fan..But what is the difference between the way Kobe plays and the way Carmelo plays? Not saying Carmelo is as good as Kobe because he definitely is not..Kobe is a legend and has 1 of the best jumpers I've ever seen..He has multiple rings and Melo has 0..But if Carmelo takes over a game offensively the way that Kobe did and the team loses, people say "Damn Carmelo is such a ball hog..You can never win with a ball stopper like that."

Yet, when Kobe takes over the game because it's the Lakers' best option of winning that game, nobody says anything negative, win or lose..Also, Kobe is a ball stopper as well..I don't see Kobe curling off screens or cutting to the hoop..He hasn't done that for years now so I don't wanna hear that he's too old to do so. There were multiple times tonight where Kobe would catch the ball like 25 feet from the basket and everyone knew immediately that he was about to go 1 on 1 against his defender.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

I think Kobe will get 40 again tomorrow against the Clippers with that new "rivalry" building. He will want to show that Staples is still his for now.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I have a serious question, and I'm not just asking this question as a Knicks' fan..But what is the difference between the way Kobe plays and the way Carmelo plays? Not saying Carmelo is as good as Kobe because he definitely is not..Kobe is a legend and has 1 of the best jumpers I've ever seen..He has multiple rings and Melo has 0..But if Carmelo takes over a game offensively the way that Kobe did and the team loses, people say "Damn Carmelo is such a ball hog..You can never win with a ball stopper like that."

Yet, when Kobe takes over the game because it's the Lakers' best option of winning that game, nobody says anything negative, win or lose..Also, Kobe is a ball stopper as well..I don't see Kobe curling off screens or cutting to the hoop..He hasn't done that for years now so I don't wanna hear that he's too old to do so. There were multiple times tonight where Kobe would catch the ball like 25 feet from the basket and everyone knew immediately that he was about to go 1 on 1 against his defender.
LOL are you serious ? You been living under rock. Kobe been call ball hog his entire career dude.

I too have seen the similarities when Kobe goes in to #8 mode. When I compare with Melo I'd say putting scoring/shooting efficiency aside their passing ability is about the same and although they have the ability to make their teammates better it's when they want to and it doesn't just come automatically. Kobe does have the edge on defense though.

Sometimes when I see LAL play especially now since Mike Brown is letting Kobe do w/e he wants I say the Knicks can play like that when it comes to Melo being a ball stopper or always going in to iso. It's just that Knicks role players are a bit worse, LAL has Bynum, and the team has been together longer.

I will say though I've seen the reasonable LAL fans call Kobe a ball stopper and criticize him for his bad shot selection and going in to hero mode. So it isn't completely a bias when Kobe does it and when Melo does it.

Nah I agree ATGD..For the most part, Lakers' fans will call Kobe out when he goes into that mode where he just focuses on scoring because he doesn't have much faith in his teammates...Which in fairness, is usually when the rest of the team is playing like crap..But media outlets like ESPN just idolize him for it, yet when Carmelo does the same it becomes "You can't be a contender with an offensive player like Carmelo as your leader"...Kobe is easily a better defender than Carmelo but I'm speaking strictly offensively..If Kobe shoots on 5 straight possessions, the sports announcers say things like "Kobe going into assassin mode!!"..Then if Carmelo does it, they say "Carmelo is disrupting the offensive flow of the team"
30t6p3b.gif

@CP1708, I'm talking in terms of the media, not fans

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif
roll.gif
at nobody says anything when Kobe shoots too much. You high as a %%@%+@$+%+## bruh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn and I was just coming in to here to criticize Kobe too. Keep doing your thing #8. We all know where averaging 30 shots has gotten Kobe (looks at 04-07 Lakers). I hope Kobe continues this streak to May. He can do it!

Back
Top Bottom