☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Here are my pics from last night

This is Durant's family. That is his mom, Wanda, his big brother, and his grandma who raised him. They are at every game, normally his other brother there too. His brother has on KD3 IDs that were like a red cobec or patent leather. KD talks to them during game action frequently. Desmond Mason was at the game too, he always is. As always, there's always tons of football celebrities there but I don't follow football so I have no idea who they are.

Hasn't been highlighted enough, this is the 3rd game in a row the starters sat the entire 4th quarter. It's somewhat bad for KD's stats and MVP race maybe, but it should bode well for later in the season.

What does everyone think about the 4th guard spot in the West? CP3 and Kobe obviouslty, Westbrook is in, the 4th is either Ellis, Lowry, Nash off name recognition, or very outside but possible shot for OKC to get 3 and get James in. It has happened often that the team with the best record at the time (and thus their own coach in the game) get 3, hell sometimes even 4. 18ppg or so on the West and possibly league leading team I think might be deserving. Of course this is all speculation based on current records and stats as we could hit a losing skid.

And again, nothing negative to say about Westbrook. 10 straight games of 3 or less tos. He's figuring it out, only made 1 stupid pass last night.

Reggie Jackson is good, but you can tell he's a rookie at times. He gets called for a carry every game (Durant has been too) and isn't near the shooter Maynor is.

Again, I don't see how Knicks fans can stomach Douglas AND Shumpert. Those dudes shoot with an impunity, a confidence, and a frequency that belies how bad they are at it. I'm talking specifically jump shots.

Nice pics.  It started with the displaced Hornets in '05, but the Thunder is makin' Clay Bennett look smart for makin' that move from Seattle to OKC look smart.  Great atmosphere, fans are always bonkers, and the city itself is gettin' some shine nationwide.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Originally Posted by Mr Rogers

I always knew Penny Hardaway had a high basketball IQ, but man NBA TV really needs to hire this dude full time.
pimp.gif
I didn't get to see him play a lot as a youngster. Only know him through the kicks and highlights, but him and 3d were great. I hope they don't bring Shaq up there.
laugh.gif
 It's inevitable.  But hey we can get some Magic stories.  Should be golden.  Maybe NBA TV should do a special on the 90's Orlando Magic like they did the Lakers and Mavs.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

does anyone else find that new kobe commercial awkward?

Naw I find them interesting especially this last one with the Kobe and Kanye exchange
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif
roll.gif
at nobody says anything when Kobe shoots too much. You high as a %%@%+@$+%+## bruh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn and I was just coming in to here to criticize Kobe too. Keep doing your thing #8. We all know where averaging 30 shots has gotten Kobe (looks at 04-07 Lakers). I hope Kobe continues this streak to May. He can do it!
I'm sorry, but you are just plain stupid for this.  
qft

I always knew Penny Hardaway had a high basketball IQ, but man NBA TV really needs to hire this dude full time.
pimp.gif
I didn't get to see him play a lot as a youngster. Only know him through the kicks and highlights, but him and 3d were great. I hope they don't bring Shaq up there.
shaq has already been on nba tv. but i dont think you will ever see shaq and penny in the studio together considering it was rumored that shaq was the one who ousted penny hardaway of his secret of being gay

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

does anyone else find that new kobe commercial awkward?
Probably because Kanye is such a horrible actor 
laugh.gif
. I like it though, provided some lulz.

This is Durant's family. That is his mom, Wanda, his big brother, and his grandma who raised him. They are at every game, normally his other brother there too. His brother has on KD3 IDs that were like a red cobec or patent leather. KD talks to them during game action frequently. Desmond Mason was at the game too, he always is. As always, there's always tons of football celebrities there but I don't follow football so I have no idea who they are.

Hasn't been highlighted enough, this is the 3rd game in a row the starters sat the entire 4th quarter. It's somewhat bad for KD's stats and MVP race maybe, but it should bode well for later in the season.

What does everyone think about the 4th guard spot in the West? CP3 and Kobe obviouslty, Westbrook is in, the 4th is either Ellis, Lowry, Nash off name recognition, or very outside but possible shot for OKC to get 3 and get James in. It has happened often that the team with the best record at the time (and thus their own coach in the game) get 3, hell sometimes even 4. 18ppg or so on the West and possibly league leading team I think might be deserving. Of course this is all speculation based on current records and stats as we could hit a losing skid.

And again, nothing negative to say about Westbrook. 10 straight games of 3 or less tos. He's figuring it out, only made 1 stupid pass last night.

Reggie Jackson is good, but you can tell he's a rookie at times. He gets called for a carry every game (Durant has been too) and isn't near the shooter Maynor is.

Again, I don't see how Knicks fans can stomach Douglas AND Shumpert. Those dudes shoot with an impunity, a confidence, and a frequency that belies how bad they are at it. I'm talking specifically jump shots.

Nice pics.  It started with the displaced Hornets in '05, but the Thunder is makin' Clay Bennett look smart for makin' that move from Seattle to OKC look smart.  Great atmosphere, fans are always bonkers, and the city itself is gettin' some shine nationwide.
What do you mean it makes Clay look smart? He was going to move the team no matter what and it would have worked anywhere. It was an established franchise with a long history of success, they had cornerstone pieces for the future (drafted in Seattle), etc. Yes, it's a great atmosphere because they are winning. The real test of a fan base is shown when faced with adversity, which OKC has not experienced yet (and likely won't for awhile).

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

What do you mean it makes Clay look smart? He was going to move the team no matter what and it would have worked anywhere. It was an established franchise with a long history of success, they had cornerstone pieces for the future (drafted in Seattle), etc. Yes, it's a great atmosphere because they are winning. The real test of a fan base is shown when faced with adversity, which OKC has not experienced yet (and likely won't for awhile).

You're from the Seattle area huh?

I honestly think I would hang myself outside of Arco Arena if the Kings ever move......
frown.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I honestly think I would hang myself outside of Arco Arena if the Kings ever move......
frown.gif
Die-ElmoSuicide.jpg

You're from the Seattle area huh?
Yes, but it doesn't make anything I said untrue.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

pimp.gif
shaq has already been on nba tv. but i dont think you will ever see shaq and penny in the studio together considering it was rumored that shaq was the one who ousted penny hardaway of his secret of being gay
penny is gay ?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

pimp.gif
penny is gay ?
eek.gif

They're simply rumors.  If he is gay, it wouldn't matter to me personally.  Penny and Shaq are not the best of friends but they are very cordial.  It was Shaq who pushed for Penny to be signed by the Heat in '07.
  Shaq did state in his book that he walked in on a teammate during his rookie season (92-93)  gettin' his bottom drilled.  Penny didn't join the Magic until the following season.

penny is gay ?
eek.gif

They're simply rumors.  If he is gay, it wouldn't matter to me personally.  Penny and Shaq are not the best of friends but they are very cordial.  It was Shaq who pushed for Penny to be signed by the Heat in '07.
  Shaq did state in his book that he walked in on a teammate during his rookie season (92-93)  gettin' his bottom drilled.  Penny didn't join the Magic until the following season.

Whaaaat. There's no other info or hints to who it is than that? Tom Tolbert?  
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

penny is gay ?
eek.gif

Whaaaat. There's no other info or hints to who it is than that? Tom Tolbert?  
nerd.gif

This. My guess is Tom Tolbert or Bison Dele.... but I googled some other guys on the team..... this dude Jeff Turner looks like he could be checking out bathroom stalls on the low.
jefturnertie.jpg

While on the topic of dudes looking ayo.... most mormons and christians do too
laugh.gif

92'-93' Orlando Magic Roster

25Nick Anderson
14Anthony Bowie
33Terry Catledge
13Chris Corchiani
8Bison Dele
11Litterial Green
2Steve Kerr
34Greg Kite
32Shaquille O'Neal
5Donald Royal 
3Dennis Scott
4Scott Skiles
40Tom Tolbert
31Jeff Turner
43Lorenzo Williams
42Howard Wright 

This guy Anthony Bowie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h2]
[h2]The triple-double[/h2]
Bowie is most remembered for his triple-double, in which he had 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists. In the NBA, a triple-double is a rare accomplishment, and even more so for a reserve. In a game versus the Detroit Pistons, with the Magic up big, Bowie realized that he needed arebound and an assist for the feat. He knew that as a bench player, there probably wouldn't be another opportunity. There were only about four seconds left in the game, and after rebounding a Detroit miss, Bowie immediately called timeout, much to the chagrin of coach Brian Hill. Hill walked away from the huddle in disgust, and let Bowie dictate the play to his teammates. Bowie proceeded to set up a play so that he can catch theinbounds pass, and pass it to a player in a position for the shot.[sup][1][/sup]

On the other side, Detroit Pistons coach Doug Collins was also animated, and sensing his opponents' apparent lack of class, decided to pull his players from the game. Since he could not actually bench the players, he ordered them to stand underneath the basket closest to the visitor's locker room. As Collins and his players looked on, Bowie took the inbounds pass, bounced it to a wide open David Vaughn near the basket, and he slammed it home for the tenth assist, and the triple-double. After the dunk, Bowie raced to the opposite end of the floor to apologize to Collins, but he was incredibly irate and wouldn't have any of it, and the Pistons rushed to the locker room.

During the post-game press conferenceBrian Hill called the whole incident embarrassing and shameful. Anthony, on the other hand, was excited about the accomplishment.

Nowadays, this incident is often mentioned every time a player has an opportunity to pad statistics for the sake of a personal goal. In 2003, Ricky Davis attempted to shoot at his own basket to complete a rebound for a triple-double.[sup][2][/sup] In 2004, Bob Sura of the Atlanta Hawks was denied his third consecutive triple-double by also attempting to shoot a deliberate bad shot in order to quickly retrieve his own rebound.[sup][3][/sup]
[/h2]

[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Bowie#cite_note-2[/sup]

No knock on the Sixers, but are people giving them a little too much credit? Their schedule has been a piece of cake and they've pretty much lost to any good team, except for Indiana.
Losses against Portland, NY and Utah. Wins against Phoenix, GSW, NOH, Detroit, Toronto, Indiana, Sacramento and Washington. 
ohwell.gif
 I guess you can say they are taking care of business against the weaker teams, but still. 

Genius move. Obviously, OKC isn't some famous city or thought of as sexy in the general public's eye (predictable misconceptions that revolve around us being in the South), but you can't argue we have supported the team flawlessly. Just like every other city's downtown, Bricktown REALLY lights up on Thunder game nights (there's also a Mickey Mantle baseball stadium 2 blocks away and they have hockey going on now at Cox Convention Center which is across the street). I read an article somewhere that estimates upwards of a million dollars nightly boost .

Seattle-ites obviously hate me for saying it, buit you can't really argue it. They wouldn't fund the arena (because they had just funded 2 other) renovations, were getting a paltry 14k attendance even in the last yrs they were in the playoffs, we did and we nearly sell out 98% of our 18k arena nightly. The Thunder literally had to put a limit on season tickets because demand was so heavy, that literally the whole arena would be bought out by season ticket holders, then nobody could ever buy tickets to a game other than 2nd hand.

And the Sonicsgate dude, is the biggest douche / troll I have ever come across on the internets. I don't post over there anymore, but he used to post on this NBA message board. I also find it funny, somewhat manipulating, how he cashes in on the sorrows of fellow Seattle fans by taking donations to fly himself to various Thunder games, sit front row behind the bench, and look like an **# heckling the players all day while in green and gold.

Same topic, but David Stern said they would even reconsider if OKC can host an ASG potentially in the future. Initial reason was he didn't think we had enough hotels.

This has to be like the 30th time i have watched "Open Court," on NBA TV and it is still hilarious every time. If they released a dvd, with uncut extra material from during commercial breaks and stuff that got cut, I'd buy it.

Also NBA League Pass is marked down 20% I was in my Sprint NBA App and the ad popped up. Of course, we're about 16% through the season so you could argue it's not much savings at all.

Back
Top Bottom