☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

^Yeah I'll be sticking to MSG for the game even if we don't have Mike Breen commentating with Clyde.

Shaq still brings the humor for being so salty about the superman thing. It's become amusing the way you guys just continue to say the same shh about him over and over. Hope yall don't change your tune.

tumblr_lyf6cypSZj1qjkukyo1_400.gif

The stans are starting to get annoying in here.

mjshoefanatic finally has a reason to talk !%@# for once in that pathetic franchise's existence and son is acting like they're the Lakers. Then there's the other dudes that try to tie their team or one of it's players in EVERY SINGLE little damn discussion. Ya'll are the %%+@*@% worst man.

bballah just wants out of Minnesota.
laugh.gif

Wolves better hope awkwardness fades with Love's 'small' deal

Kevin Love trains every summer at a high school gym in Santa Monica with Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook, peers who can push him even when the workouts are over. All three were picked in the top five of the 2008 draft, but Rose and Westbrook went before Love. All three made massive leaps last season, but Rose and Westbrook reached the conference finals while Love fell short of the playoffs. And all three were due contract extensions by Wednesday. The Bulls signed Rose last month for the maximum five years. The Thunder signed Westbrook last week, also for five years. The Timberwolves did not sign Love until Wednesday morning, about 12 hours before the deadline, for four years.

Only in the fun house of professional sports could a four-year, $60-plus million windfall be interpreted as a sign of disrespect. But in the NBA, where perspective is often suspended, players know each other's contracts. Love acknowledged Wednesday that he asked for five years, and when the Timberwolves balked, he considered becoming a restricted free agent after the season. "It was something I felt strongly about," Love said. In the end, he took the four-year pact, with an opt-out after three. The Wolves, who struggle to attract premier free agents, must hope any awkwardness fades by 2015.

Love said he cannot compare his situation to Rose's or Westbrook's, and in Rose's case, he is right. Rose is the reigning MVP on a championship-caliber team in a top-three market. But Westbrook is still the second-best player in the NBA's smallest market.

Love, despite the mania around Ricky Rubio, is the reason Minnesota has become competitive. Only 23, he is the league's second-leading rebounder and fourth-leading scorer. He has maxed out for the Timberwolves, dropping 40 pounds over the last two years, and becoming as potent from the three-point line as the paint. Rubio enjoys passing to him and Rick Adelman wanted to coach him ever since Love played with Adelman's son, Patrick, at Lake Oswego High School in Oregon.

Of course, small-market teams cannot contend unless they are careful with their resources, and Minnesota was uncomfortable awarding a fifth year to a player who has only excelled for a season and a half. Because the Timberwolves hedged on their commitment, Love did the same, insisting on the opt-out.

Love is obviously encouraged by the club's direction -- he has never had a coach who features him like Adelman or a point guard who spots him like Rubio -- but he is not yet convinced. "I'd like to see where this organization is headed," he said. "I want to see improvement, with myself included."

The re-signing of a franchise player to a long-term deal is typically a cause for celebration, and this is no exception. A year ago, Love seemed ready to become a free agent, and Minnesota braced for another Kevin Garnett experience. The Timberwolves have since built around Love, but instead of a five-year window, they've given themselves only three. Love can opt at the same time Rubio's contract expires. That's no coincidence. The Wolves are on the clock.

Minnesota can at least assume Love won't be the kind of player who fattens up after his first big payday. If anything, he sounds like nearly $62 million will make him hungrier.

"I always play with a chip on my shoulder," Love said. "That's not going to change."

Link

I always tell people that Penny move is the sickest move I've ever seen pulled off in an NBA game before. I've never seen ANYONE else to date pull off something like that.

so i caught a bit of the 'inside the nba' replay this morning (passed out when it started last night)..

did these dudes really talk about best coaches in the league and the only 2 names that were mentioned were george karl and doc rivers?!

this is like the PF conversation and the only names they bring up are griffin and love..

did pop die or something?

what about thibs?

or how about rick carlisle?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

so i caught a bit of the 'inside the nba' replay this morning (passed out when it started last night)..

did these dudes really talk about best coaches in the league and the only 2 names that were mentioned were george karl and doc rivers?!

this is like the PF conversation and the only names they bring up are griffin and love..

did pop die or something?

what about thibs?

or how about rick carlisle?

Barkley later mentioned on the show that he forgot about Pop and that he considered him the best coach in the league.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
 @ bballah.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

mjshoefanatic finally has a reason to talk !%@# for once in that pathetic franchise's existence and son is acting like they're the Lakers. Then there's the other dudes that try to tie their team or one of it's players in EVERY SINGLE little damn discussion. Ya'll are the %%+@*@% worst man.
Have a seat son.
30t6p3b.gif
Getting mad about fans showing love for their team. Acting like we all gotta be like KNICKS fans being all depressed and stuff.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Have a seat son.
30t6p3b.gif
Getting mad about fans showing love for their team. Acting like we all gotta be like KNICKS fans being all depressed and stuff.
indifferent.gif

if-the-shoe-fits.jpg

I have no problem with "mjshoefanatic" being hype. He's a clippers fan. That team been garbage since forever. Now that they are good he can't be hype?

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

I have no problem with "mjshoefanatic" being hype. He's a clippers fan. That team been garbage since forever. Now that they are good he can't be hype?

30t6p3b.gif
Technically we were good six years ago(06) and in 97, 93, 92 & MID-70s but overall this franchise has been crap. It's all cool though I will ride or die for this team through thick and thin no matter the record or the blind hate from anyone
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I didn't watch much of the Celtics/Magic game cause I thought the Celtics waved the white flag before I finished watching highlights,
but did Dwight Howard only score like 4 points in the second half or something??? I bet he wants out more than anything now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I didn't watch much of the Celtics/Magic game cause I thought the Celtics waved the white flag before I finished watching highlights,
but did Dwight Howard only score like 4 points in the second half or something??? I bet he wants out more than anything now
laugh.gif

i turned it off when he was on the bench basically the whole 2nd 1 & they were still tagging the c's & then while playing 2k i heard the c's won & went
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
fam is gonna fake a injury next....watch

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Wow, I bet that trade deadline can't come any faster for Howard. That's probably gonna screw Ryan Anderson over
too since they're waiting on Howard to stop flip flopping.

I forgot to ask during the game or after and maybe Magic fans can chime in but with the way the Magic have been playing so far in a year where the organization would want to keep Dwight Howard at all costs is Stan Van Gundy's job in jeopardy? I'm not just bringing it up cuz of how they lost last night but with that lost on Monday and other losses how can management be satisfied with the coach?

It's not a Knicks or Wiz situation but teams can pretty much tell what ORL is gonna do in a game. Stop the outside shooters and get D12 in foul trouble and the team will lose. Do one of the two and you have a good chance of winning. Their defense is not the best and their offensive scheme is risky since it's so transparent.

I was just wondering how come we haven't heard much in the media or from ppl in here talking about him ending up leaving along with Dwight when this is all over. Is the org gonna give him another chance with w/e pieces they get back in a Dwight trade?

mattmosley Matt Mosley
Mavs thinking about putting Lamar on the Dirk plan. It's an interesting approach for a guy who already doesn't want to be on the court.

Back
Top Bottom