☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Lamar has been such a damn disappointment this year..I was never a huge fan of dude but I figured he'd take his skill set to Dallas and show the Lakers what they were missing when they let him go..Instead this guy is playing like a heartbroken chick that just got dumped on prom night. That reality show Hollywood life changed him for the worst

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Originally Posted by sladewilson

tumblr_lyf6cypSZj1qjkukyo1_400.gif

pimp.gif

never seen that before
eek.gif

airmaxpenny1:
Changed him for the worst? Lamar Odom has always been a %@*@# since his days at Christ the King.
Why do you say that? He's been a %!$@+ sonce CTK? What do you mean?
itsaboutthattime:
mattmosley Matt Mosley
Mavs thinking about putting Lamar on the Dirk plan. It's an interesting approach for a guy who already doesn't want to be on the court.
Not sure what that means. Dirk plan?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Changed him for the worst? Lamar Odom has always been a %@*@# since his days at Christ the King.

Not saying dude was tough or anything, but he wasn't as sensitive as he has been the past 2-3 years, especially recently. Maybe he just hid his sensitivity better before, but I feel he was more upset that he had to leave LA because the entire Kardashian Klan lives out there. Everyone hates getting traded, but sulking about it is a female move..You're getting paid millions my dude..Stop crying

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Bucks just announced that Andrew Bogut's recovery window will be full 8-to-12 weeks thanks to fractured left ankle suffered WEDS night

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Why do you say that? He's been a ++%*@ sonce CTK? What do you mean?
itsaboutthattime:
mattmosley Matt Mosley
Mavs thinking about putting Lamar on the Dirk plan. It's an interesting approach for a guy who already doesn't want to be on the court.
Sitting him out for a week & having him work on his conditioning.

Kind of like a mini training camp.

Your top 50 NBA dunkers

Year to Date
RankPlayerPosTeamDunks
1Blake GriffinPFLAC43
2Dwight HowardCORL41
3JaVale McGeeCWAS40
4DeAndre JordanCLAC36
5Rudy GaySFMEM35
6Tyson ChandlerCNY33
7Kris HumphriesPFNJ31
8Andrew BynumCLAL30
9Amar'e StoudemirePFNY28
10LeBron JamesSFMIA27
11Samuel DalembertCHOU23
12Chris BoshPFMIA22
13David LeeCGS22
14NeneCDEN22
15Kevin DurantSFOKC21
16Brendan HaywoodCDAL21
17Andre IguodalaSGPHI21
18Ian MahinmiCDAL21
19Danilo GallinariSFDEN20
20Josh SmithSFATL20
21Pau GasolPFLAL18
22Tristan ThompsonPFCLE18
23LaMarcus AldridgePFPOR17
24Brandon BassPFBOS16
25Nick CollisonPFOKC16
26DeMarcus CousinsCSAC16
27Derrick FavorsPFUTA16
28Serge IbakaPFOKC16
29Carl LandryPFNO16
30Thaddeus YoungSFPHI16
31Byron MullensCCHA15
32Joakim NoahCCHI15
33Paul MillsapPFUTA14
34Timofey MozgovCDEN14
35Chandler ParsonsSFHOU14
36Russell WestbrookPGOKC14
37Omer AsikCCHI13
38Kobe BryantSGLAL13
39Ed DavisPFTOR13
40Al JeffersonCUTA13
41Jason ThompsonPFSAC13
42Trevor BookerPFWAS12
43Alonzo GeeSFCLE12
44Al HarringtonPFDEN12
45J.J. HicksonPFSAC12
46Amir JohnsonSFTOR12
47Kevin LovePFMIN12
48Shawn MarionPFDAL12
49Derrick BrownSFCHA11
50Paul GeorgeSGIND11

itsaboutthattime:
mattmosley Matt Mosley
The reason that Dirk is out right now is to get some straight gym-work in. He's putting in two-a-days trying to get his knee right, trying to strengthen his knee, pushing iron, and doing workouts to strictly try and get his game right. Working on moves that he said he hasn't been able to do. Dirk, throughout his career, believe it or not, has relied a lot on his ability to get by defenders and take it to the hole. He gets it high enough so that when he releases, it's pretty hard to stop. With his current knee issue (the one that he injured last year), it has been really hard for him to try and make that move, and his agility on court has been mediocre. He's going through camp to get his conditioning in top-shape, and to get his movement on his knee right.

Peja Stojakovic went through the same thing last year when we got him. He took off the first several games when he came here to work on his back. That's part of the reason he looked so good in the Playoffs (Not in the Finals, but first two rounds). The Dallas organization has a lot of confidence in their training/medical staff. They're pretty good with rehab. We haven't had too many injuries that we haven't been able to recover from in years past.

Kidd also went through a similar kind of thing I believe when he hurt his back. It's mainly to get some guys off of playing games and risking further harm, but to try and strengthen their bodies and get practice time in. With the lockout, there isn't really time for practice anymore, and that's part of the reason why I think a lot of teams look so flat on offense. I know Dallas has looked absolutely terrible on offense so far this year. Their defense is fine, but with all these offensive weapons, they haven't had the practice time to get those things right. Most guys (Sans Dirk/Lamar Odom) are in in-game shape, but the offense just hasn't clicked. The time off allows individuals to focus more on their individual weaknesses, which Dirk has with his knee, and Lamar could use to get him on track. He looked like a D-League scrub against Darko this Wednesday.

So, short answer is pretty much that he might take 4-5 games off to get him back into game-shape.

I know a lot of people have given up on him, and I have too to a degree, but, there's something to hold onto. Rick Carlisle believes in him. Rick Carlisle isn't going to believe in you if you aren't going to pay dividends for the team eventually. That's why you start JJ Barea in the last three games of the NBA Finals. Laugh, but it worked. I'm not saying Lamar is going to be that, but Rick hasn't given up on him yet, and neither has the organization, and that's all that Odom can ask for. We'll see. I hope he can live up to what he was in LA, for at least this season.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Doesnt he do 2 bunny hops
nerd.gif
First hop is also a dribble, he does the one hop after his last dribble. 

Most people would've just stopped after the first hop, and turned the left foot into the pivot foot - not Penny though, duke was a beast in his prime.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Doesnt he do 2 bunny hops
nerd.gif

First hop is also a dribble, he does the one hop after his last dribble.   

Not to mention it was off his last dribble... as the ball bounced back up, as soon as it hit his hand he hopped back.  The set up of this move down to the perfect execution of it without missing a beat is just down right filthy... like i said... His footwork was RIDICULOUS.
pimp.gif

NYK will get a bunch of open threes against Spoelstra's D. They've been hitting them thus far & they must continue to

Someone laughed at me when I said Beaubois was the second best blocking guard in the NBA.

He's #2 in blocks per minute, second to Wade..

grin.gif

The Hornets have shelved Chris Kaman and will try to trade him.

Edit:

A couple days late but;

sick.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

itsaboutthattime:
mattmosley Matt Mosley
The reason that Dirk is out right now is to get some straight gym-work in. He's putting in two-a-days trying to get his knee right, trying to strengthen his knee, pushing iron, and doing workouts to strictly try and get his game right. Working on moves that he said he hasn't been able to do. Dirk, throughout his career, believe it or not, has relied a lot on his ability to get by defenders and take it to the hole. He gets it high enough so that when he releases, it's pretty hard to stop. With his current knee issue (the one that he injured last year), it has been really hard for him to try and make that move, and his agility on court has been mediocre. He's going through camp to get his conditioning in top-shape, and to get his movement on his knee right.

Peja Stojakovic went through the same thing last year when we got him. He took off the first several games when he came here to work on his back. That's part of the reason he looked so good in the Playoffs (Not in the Finals, but first two rounds). The Dallas organization has a lot of confidence in their training/medical staff. They're pretty good with rehab. We haven't had too many injuries that we haven't been able to recover from in years past.

Kidd also went through a similar kind of thing I believe when he hurt his back. It's mainly to get some guys off of playing games and risking further harm, but to try and strengthen their bodies and get practice time in. With the lockout, there isn't really time for practice anymore, and that's part of the reason why I think a lot of teams look so flat on offense. I know Dallas has looked absolutely terrible on offense so far this year. Their defense is fine, but with all these offensive weapons, they haven't had the practice time to get those things right. Most guys (Sans Dirk/Lamar Odom) are in in-game shape, but the offense just hasn't clicked. The time off allows individuals to focus more on their individual weaknesses, which Dirk has with his knee, and Lamar could use to get him on track. He looked like a D-League scrub against Darko this Wednesday.

So, short answer is pretty much that he might take 4-5 games off to get him back into game-shape.

I know a lot of people have given up on him, and I have too to a degree, but, there's something to hold onto. Rick Carlisle believes in him. Rick Carlisle isn't going to believe in you if you aren't going to pay dividends for the team eventually. That's why you start JJ Barea in the last three games of the NBA Finals. Laugh, but it worked. I'm not saying Lamar is going to be that, but Rick hasn't given up on him yet, and neither has the organization, and that's all that Odom can ask for. We'll see. I hope he can live up to what he was in LA, for at least this season.

Thank you for providing the short answer after your long answer.

Back
Top Bottom