☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by Proshares

International players? Come on Doo, I know you're up there with BHZ with the homer stuff but I don't see how you have him ahead of Dirk, Pau, Hakeem or Ewing. Depends how highly you rank Nash and Dominique as well.

Wow.

?

DIOR PAINT wrote:

Proshares wrote:

International players? Come on Doo, I know you're up there with BHZ with the homer stuff but I don't see how you have him ahead of Dirk, Pau, Hakeem or Ewing. Depends how highly you rank Nash and Dominique as well.

Wow.

?

Dominique was just an army brat he definitely isn't an international player.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Yall heard about this?!!?? If not, can you guess what happened 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Img331917044.jpg

xlarge_7283277a21a3be5e8497fa61408961d7.jpg

xlarge_a29f08c2b759cd3a84f090d615b02786.jpg

Img331917043.jpg

jr-smith-sister-fight2-530x313.jpg

Img331917043.jpg

Img331917048.jpg

3328944_550x550_0.jpg

*Hint in pic # 3 
roll.gif

baby D??? 
nerd.gif

JR Smith's sister,

I think it's been posted here before?
nerd.gif
(not sure though)

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

That I take issue with. How exactly is Pau better than Manu in terms of HOF material in any way shape or form? For their positions, Manu is better defensively and offensively, has more rings, and has a gold medal in the Olympics.
So you bring up Nash and I mention Ewing but those two names don't get called out for no rings?  IDK I'm not gonna argue with you, I'm not gonna respond to a page long letter.  It's not a difference of ranking that's so great that I'd be offended at how you'd rank Pau lower.  That's just how I'd rank em.

Ewing and Nash don't have similar resumes. That's the reason I was comparing Manu and Pau, since they're both strong international presence, and were key pieces to helping win rings for the Spurs and Lakers respectively.  Ewing and Nash ever do anything significant in the Olympics?

Ewing has two Gold medals.

Pau helped LA sure but he was a pretty damn good player for 7 years carrying that Memphis squad as well. But like I said, it's close enough in ranking where I'm not going to go back and forth over.

[h1]Clippers' trade of Draft pick looking good, thanks to Wolves[/h1]

Posted Feb 1 2012 11:54AM

The Clippers catch another break. Typical. Everything always goes right for them.

Just when the Chris Paul blockbuster trade couldn't be any more of a win -- the credibility it brought, the marketing boost, the rise in the standings -- along come the Timberwolves. They are a developing story of their own, and that's working out perfectly for the Clippers.

These two teams' connection in the 2012 Draft had been years in coming. A previous general manager in Minnesota made a deal with a previous general manager in Los Angeles, and everyone was about to live with it, for better or worse, seven years later. Sam Cassell and a future first-round pick to the Clippers, Marko Jaric and Lionel Chalmers to the Timberwolves. That was on Aug. 12, 2005.

The first-round pick was for June 2012. It was unprotected and seemed destined for somewhere near the top of the board. After all, it was linked to the Timberwolves' fortunes, and Minnesota finishes among the worst records in the league under ordinary circumstances. This year, it so happens, was tending toward extraordinary: No summer league for the kids, Rick Adelman taking over and installing an entirely new system without benefit of a real training camp, Ricky Rubio joining the NBA without a normal transition.

The Clippers deal that pick away to New Orleans, in a trade for Paul, no matter what, of course. Once CP3 agreed to pick up his option for next season, rather than becoming a free agent in July and a one-season rental in L.A., the Clips were in.

But there was still a risk involved. The way the Timberwolves were looking -- building, but needing time to find their footing -- the choice the Clippers sent to New Orleans could easily have been in the 1-2-3 range in what projects as the best Draft in years.

(The Clippers, remember, had just dealt a pick in 2011 to Cleveland -- along with Baron Davis for Mo Williams -- that became No. 1 Kyrie Irving. Yes, the Clippers could have been the team that traded away the top pick in the Draft two years in a row.)

Again, L.A. does the deal anyway. They take Chris Paul, pair him with Blake Griffin, re-sign DeAndre Jordan and begin plotting into the next decade.

But it could have looked bad if things didn't work out with Paul or Griffin, and if the pick they dealt to New Orleans had come up near the top of the Draft board.

Except the season started and everything changed. And to the Clippers' benefit, of all things. Rubio made an immediate impact. Without saying a word, Adelman showed why he has long been an underappreciated coach. Kevin Love was better than ever. The Timberwolves won.

The Timberwolves have been winning with such regularity, in fact, that with the season nearly one-third complete, they are a respectable and encouraging 10-11. Twelve teams have a worse record. The unprotected first-rounder is being de-valued by the week. The Clippers look better every minute.

"Much like last year when we moved a pick to acquire Mo Williams and clear cap space for this summer, we play our own ball and don't look at what might have been or what might be," Neil Olshey, the Clippers vice president of basketball operations, said of the updated perspective. "The Timberwolves, like us, are fighting for a spot in the playoffs, and I follow the outcome of their games as I do all other teams in the Western Conference for that purpose only."

Not to track the Draft choice, in other words.

That job belongs to the Hornets now as part of a rebuilding job that has now reached 4-17. New Orleans is one of the favorites in a tight race for worst record in the league and the best chance at the No. 1 pick, with the bold-face disclaimer that odds do not historically translate to actually getting the first selection. But the Draft has changed no matter what as the Timberwolves start standing on opponents' shoulders.

At this rate, New Orleans having two picks in the top four or five -- the way the Cavaliers did in 2011 thanks to a trade with the Clippers -- is a long shot. The Hornets could still have a pair of lottery choices, and something in the second half of the lottery will be especially valuable if June 28 holds up as a deep draft.

But it's strange how things have turned out. Now the Timberwolves -- who once almost relocated to the Big Easy -- are messing with other people's fortunes. And the Clippers are cashing in.

link: http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/31/clippers-pick/index.html

Just got approved for time off to watch the Clippers play the Cavs next week..

..Kevin, I know you'll be there...
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

id rather be in the office making money then wasting time and money watching the cavs.

to each his own

Originally Posted by Zyzz

nerd.gif

id rather be in the office making money then wasting time and money watching the cavs.

to each his own
your missing the point. its to watch blake and cp3... besides irving is looking pretty good right now...

nerd.gif
That's the plan.
It will all work out when NO mysteriously gets the no. 1 pick next draft...

Gordon and the Chi-Brow
pimp.gif

Your boy is sitting out half the season with a boo-boo on his knee. I don't think he has a whole lot of interest in who the Hornets draft.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Gordon and the Chi-Brow
pimp.gif

Mysteriously my @#$  Everybody on this board knows they getting the #1 pick. 

Then what? 

Kaman is dead.  Aminou (sp) is nothing, Gordon isn't even staying, and Minny's pick is about to be #11 or some @#$% 

That does what for the Hornets?  That #1 pick will leave in 4 years too. 

Stern took his biggest chip and flipped it for nothing, and he woulda given them the #1 pick this year anyways, even with Odom/Martin/Scola. 
laugh.gif
  Real bright. 

The Lakers trade wouldn't have been better cause Odom would have been in a mental hospital long before he would have been in a Hornets jersey

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Zyzz

nerd.gif

to each his own
your missing the point. its to watch blake and cp3... besides irving is looking pretty good right now...

laugh.gif
 exactly. But Zyzz is a well known Rubio-supporter, so by default he's against my garbage Cavs team.

Can't pass up watching #LobCity come to my city and play..

...plus Kyrie vs CP3...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Gordon and the Chi-Brow
pimp.gif

Mysteriously my @#$  Everybody on this board knows they getting the #1 pick. 

Then what? 

Kaman is dead.  Aminou (sp) is nothing, Gordon isn't even staying, and Minny's pick is about to be #11 or some @#$% 

That does what for the Hornets?  That #1 pick will leave in 4 years too. 

Stern took his biggest chip and flipped it for nothing, and he woulda given them the #1 pick this year anyways, even with Odom/Martin/Scola. 
laugh.gif
  Real bright. 

all valid points

but it was still a better offer then the Lakers trade

The Lakers trade wouldn't have been better cause Odom would have been in a mental hospital long before he would have been in a Hornets jersey
Odom is also a team option, meaning the Hornets could flip him to a contender if he was crying. 

Or at worst, let his contract go after this season. 

If Odom bought in, with Martin, Scola, Ariza, Emeka, Jack, and whatever else is on that roster, they fight for the playoffs in a nutzo year, or tank and get the Stern #1 anyways. 
laugh.gif

ummm eric gordon is restricted, right?!

couldn't NO just match whatever deal he's offered?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

ummm eric gordon is restricted, right?!

couldn't NO just match whatever deal he's offered?

if he agrees to and signs a deal with another team. Smart thing would be to pursue 1yr deals..

Back
Top Bottom