☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Tony Allen is the best perimeter defender in the league. Agreed?

Yes and there shouldn't be any discussion. Homer or not. 
laugh.gif

He's just so terrible on offense, though. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm still confused as to why I don't get any Memphis games. Whenever they're on Fan Night it's blacked out for me... and I live in Florida.

How else will I get my fix of Marc Gasol?
Reset/reboot your cable box maybe?

Originally Posted by bballah3

I someone really trying to argue that Manu ISNT a Hall of Famer?  The guy is a lock. He is the best international player outside of Europe to ever play in the NBA, and the second best international player (behind Dirk) to ever play in the league.

Rewind the 2004 Olympics if you have to.  
Are we not count Hakeem in either situation? Is he American because of Team USA or what?

And what about Nash?

CP is acting like Manu Ginobili is Sabonis, that's what I don't get. No, he's not a HOF because of what he did in the NBA alone, but it didn't hurt his chances at all. It's not like he was some scrub in the NBA.

What about Steve Kerr? Is he Hall of fame material too?
laugh.gif

And I don't think Manu should be in the HOF, either. Because he's from Argentina? Okay, throw Luc Longley in the Hall. An NBA champion on one of the greatest teams ever… and he's AUSTRALIAN? When's the ceremony?

No, because he was the best player on a team that beat the US in basketball, something they had no business doing, so we thought.

How many shots did Kerr hit? I can only think of the one vs Utah. And is someone going to post any Manu moments for me?

He hit some against Dallas when they won as a member of the Spurs, he absolutely killed us. We were in position to tie them in the WCF, they outscore us 34-9 in the fourth, and it was sparked by Steve Kerr.

So, if yes to Robert Horry, why not Derek Fisher too? He only has two less rings and has hit some HUGE shots for them too....

I don't buy it, sorry.

International players? Come on Doo, I know you're up there with BHZ with the homer stuff but I don't see how you have him ahead of Dirk, Pau, Hakeem or Ewing. Depends how highly you rank Nash and Dominique as well.

That I take issue with. How exactly is Pau better than Manu in terms of HOF material in any way shape or form? For their positions, Manu is better defensively and offensively, has more rings, and has a gold medal in the Olympics.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

That I take issue with. How exactly is DirkPau better than Manu in terms of HOF material in any way shape or form? For their positions, Manu is better defensively and offensively, has more rings, and has a gold medal in the Olympics.
This.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yo bhz what's with that Memphis attendance? Also was it nbatv lowering the volume or was the crowd barely making noise as the Grizz rallied to force OT?
I was wondering the same thing. Wasn't sure if the Memphis crowd was bored, or if the commentators volume was up too high
laugh.gif

manu is a HOF but he isnt close to better that Ewing.

hes the ultimate role player with the best PF to everr play and one of the best coaches. And a great pg.

Got a question for yall.

Say Robert Horry gets into the Hall of Fame, do you think that it would set a precedent for guys like Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher to get in eventually? Obviously not first ballots, but eventually get into the Hall of Fame?

Me and CP were going back and forth, and how you can make a special case for Horry because he constantly showed up for big plays, and he won multiple times with three teams.

I understand where he's coming from, but I just think that it sets a bad precedent of letting guys in because of how many rings they have and how many big shots they've hit.

And if I'm misinterpreting your argument somehow, please correct me CP.

I just don't see how a guy with no All-NBA, no All-Defense, no All-Star, less than 10,000 points, gets in. THAT'S what troubles me. I acknowledge he has seven rings with multiple teams, and that he's been a difference maker in many of those championships, but no matter what you're on the coattails of great players.

I mean, the guy never averaged more than 12 PPG. How much are you helping your team if that's all your averaging? A career 42%/34% shooter, which is pretty much what he was after he left the Lakers.

Yeah, it would set a precedent. Horry does not deserve to be in the HoF either IMO. Perhaps they retire Horry's number (look at Bowen) but he is nowhere near HoF worthy.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21
I've never even given the thought of Robert Horry being in the HoF. He has been part of a lot of big plays for every one of the teams he's won ring with,
but just based purely on stats I would say no. Him being a former Laker sort of negates any bias I would have for him being a former Rocket/Spur
laugh.gif
, but

I guess it would be setting a precedent for guys like Fisher and Kerr who really have the same stats.

Kinda found this interesting:
Kyrie Irving Rookie Year: 28 MIN, 18 PTS, 5 AST, 3 REB, 3 TO, .516 FG%, .407 3P%, .806 FT%

Lebron James Rookie Year: 39 MIN, 21 PTS, 6 AST, 5 REB, 3 TO, .417 FG%, .290 3P%, .754 FT%

..that's Kyrie thus far of course, but that's impressive. Sad thing is he's doing it very quietly due to so much going on in the league right now..

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Kyrie Irving Rookie Year: 28 MIN, 18 PTS, 5 AST, 3 REB, 3 TO, .516 FG%, .407 3P%, .806 FT%

Lebron James Rookie Year: 39 MIN, 21 PTS, 6 AST, 5 REB, 3 TO, .417 FG%, .290 3P%, .754 FT%

..that's Kyrie thus far of course, but that's impressive. Sad thing is he's doing it very quietly due to so much going on in the league right now..
You gotta just forget Lebron. Kyrie's doing well, but he doesn't need to be compared to everything Lebron did as he goes throughout his career (I'm anticipating more of this). How about comparing him to the numbers of an actual point guard?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Here's how to really compare them: http://wagesofwins.com/20...irving-and-lebron-james/

Back
Top Bottom