☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

If it helps get D12
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't see why you think Bynum for Howard will happen.  IF your Orlando why do you take a guy who has essentially never played a full-season in his career really and has already had multiple knee surgeries at the age of 24.

Great trade for the Lake Show though, but if Bynum goes down this year they are going to have nothing on that front line at all.
Bynum is the second best big man in the league right now by default and Orlando doesn't want D12 leaving without getting anything for him ala Bron. It could happen but if this somehow happens I'm ready to kiss the ground Jim Buss and Mitch walk on!

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Originally Posted by tyisny

I have got to be in the Minority of L.A fans who doesnt exactly feel that getting CP3 is the best move for them. Unless this is a gateway for D.Howard this is completely dumb
Agree. Why have the Lakers been so scary in the past? Because they could march out 3 seven footers at once and have the biggest lineup out there at all times. They lose their most skilled big man and their strongest player off the bench, I don't see how this improves the Lakers SO much. Just a thought.
yeah I don't feel comfortable with that

BUT I don't think the lakers were gonna go all the way with this lineup again though

and it is not official yet

I have got to be in the Minority of L.A fans who doesnt exactly feel that getting CP3 is the best move for them. Unless this is a gateway for D.Howard this is completely dumb

Yeah its a big risk considering Bynum is not exactly the best trade bait (IMO) and now they would have vacated their Front court for Paul. But !+@$, if Howard is a possibility in the near future, then its a risk you take

This is definitely a bad move on the Lakers part. Don't get too caught up on names. Basketball is a team game. You need bigs. According to numbers, Paul wasn't even that great last season.

If they end up getting Dwight Howard too, good GOD...
sick.gif

RIP Heat, Knicks, Bulls, Celtics, Mavs, whoever.
sick.gif

Also, owners ratified deal, our game is officially back boys.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

This is definitely a bad move on the Lakers part. Don't get too caught up on names. Basketball is a team game. You need bigs. According to numbers, Paul wasn't even that great last season.

Did you not see him in the playoffs?

Good. Now, the Grizzlies really do have the best frontcourt in the West. Pau and Bynum was the only frontcourt that scared me.

Yes I saw him in the playoffs. He broke apart a Laker team that wasn't interested at all and a great defender in Derek Fisher. 

Lakers don't make this deal if they don't believe they can land Dwight (I think)

Just 'cause I don't think this deal alone really improves them. Losing Pau and Odom wipes away their one major advantage against the rest of the league and CP3 might make up for it elsewhere, but not sure it's enough.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Name 5 SGs that are better than Kevin Martin in the NBA. I'll give you 3: Wade, Kobe, Ginobili. Find me 2 more and you get a cookie.

joe johnson is rolling over on his pile of money right now.

JJ > kevin martin. a team built around joe has been to the playoffs for the past 4 consecutive seasons. he for sure isn't worth the money he's making, but he's a better passer, defender, rebounder, and is as good of scorer as kevin martin's flopping self.

pssshh i'd take james harden or eric gordon over kevin martin. maybe even tyreke or monta

If Dwight ends up on the Lakers, I'm going to cry.

If I have to put up with Kobe has more rings than Jordan so he is the GOAT threads in a couple years...mannnnnnnn.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't see why you think Bynum for Howard will happen.  IF your Orlando why do you take a guy who has essentially never played a full-season in his career really and has already had multiple knee surgeries at the age of 24.

Great trade for the Lake Show though, but if Bynum goes down this year they are going to have nothing on that front line at all.

Same thing I've been saying His contract sucks and his legs are made of glass, no thanks

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Lakers don't make this deal if they don't believe they can land Dwight (I think)

Just 'cause I don't think this deal alone really improves them. Losing Pau and Odom wipes away their one major advantage against the rest of the league and CP3 might make up for it elsewhere, but not sure it's enough.

EXACTLY. CP3 won't make up for it. I don't really get it either, maybe I'm too used to the Lakers not needed a traditional PG. Kobe is the one who facilitates the offense. It will be totally different. They gave up two highly skilled bigs, for one PG. 

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Yeah its a big risk considering Bynum is not exactly the best trade bait (IMO) and now they would have vacated their Front court for Paul. But !+@$, if Howard is a possibility in the near future, then its a risk you take

I wouldn't go as far to say that Bynum doesn't have that much trade bait. He's a 24 year old center who has two championships under his belt, Athletic, Tough and only a year left on his deal. That's a much better offer than most teams can add up. Now if this trade lands us Dwight, 
eek.gif
 & 
roll.gif
 at the CBA being delayed for months to have the biggest problem flipped tenfold in two days
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Exactly, I don't think so either.

They can be mediocre for a year, be a team middle in the pack, and then get Dwight next year.
sick.gif

Bigger questions are who will be their 3/4 though?

Back
Top Bottom