☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

How does LA trade for both Paul and Dwight? Do they really have the assets?

These rumors get more ad more outrageous everyday.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

How does LA trade for both Paul and Dwight? Do they really have the assets?

These rumors get more ad more outrageous everyday.
Uhhhhhhhhhh, coming from a Knicks fan.............

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

These rumors just go to show you how much of a joke the NBA lockout was.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 Right? Nice work on that competitive balance stuff, David. Really made missing those couple months worth it. 
Anyway, the source has to be that complete clown Jim Buss, bandying about his little basketball fantasies. I do think they'll get one of them, though, and if they do somehow get both the sheer hilarity from the subsequent collective reaction would be worth seeing them destroy the rest of the L. But really, I just want to see Chris and Dwight on the same team. 

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I went from thinking that getting Dwight or CP was a pipe dream to believing that one of them WILL be with the Lakers. As currently constituted, the Lakers won't win another title. Bynum is a top five center in the league, and apparently wants the chance to lead his own team. And now that Jim Buss is on record stating that he's willing to part with Bynum for the right trade, it seems to me just a matter of time.

That's where I'm at
pimp.gif

As a Laker fan, I'll believe it when I see it. We were supposed to KG once upon a time ago too. And Jason Kidd. And Igoduala recently.

You're talking about the assets of the Lakers when the Knicks assets are one young player and an out of his prime PG that's expiring.

I just don't see you asking about the assets the Knicks have to go after Paul.

And don't act like these rumors aren't new, people been talking about Dwight in LA for years.
laugh.gif

For those who don't know: Jerry Buss signed a $5 BILLION deal with Time Warner cable for over the course of 25 years (rumored opt out at 20 year mark). The payout? $200 million per year. Given that the team has two years to bring it's cap situation closer to the phased hardcap, the Lakers could live a small while above the cap, take the tax hits and continue to roll on fine.

Just a thought to put out there as people consider the money issues.

Chris Broussard reports that the Lakers are interested in both Howard AND Paul?! WOW!! Thank you for that excellent insight, Chris!

Oh, the Clippers are ALSO interested in both Dwight and Chris? No way!

Are any OTHER teams also interested in getting 2 of the top 10 players in the league? Or just the Lakers and Clippers?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

C'mon, man.

For those who don't know: Jerry Buss signed a $5 BILLION deal with Time Warner cable for over the course of 25 years (rumored opt out at 20 year mark). The payout? $200 million per year. Given that the team has two years to bring it's cap situation closer to the phased hardcap, the Lakers could live a small while above the cap, take the tax hits and continue to roll on fine.

Haven't been really following the last couple pages... But are people really thinking that money is gonna stop the Lakers from acquiring Howard and Paul???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, I don't think anybody was worried about their money, boss.

These are rumors to keep everyone entertained.

Whatever happens, happens.

There will be trades and there will be player signings.

Patience.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You're talking about the assets of the Lakers when the Knicks assets are one young player and an out of his prime PG that's expiring.

I just don't see you asking about the assets the Knicks have to go after Paul.

And don't act like these rumors aren't new, people been talking about Dwight in LA for years.
laugh.gif

I don't expect us to make a trade for Paul unless he goes the Melo route and completely forces their hand. I'm well aware that we don't have any assets. We traded away whatever we did have for Carmelo. So I'm not even thinking about the assets we have to offer for Paul because I know t's not happening. We can't even offer any draft picks until like 2020
laugh.gif

And it's not the Dwight to LA thing, it's the Dwight and CP3 to LA while keeping Kobe that is outrageous to me. Maybe they have the assets to get one, but both? I can't see it, and I dont think you disagree.

Yeah, if the Lakers didn't care about money and going over the luxury tax before, this post lockout era will be something else. Their new TV deal $#@!& on every other revenue stream in the NBA, but no one is really talking about just how ridiculously much. Gotta love competitive balance...
If all the owners are now in better shape than they have ever been, the richest will stay the richest, with the players giving back so much, the league won’t have to make the big teams take overly drastic hits to boost revenue sharing, now about 10 percent of baseball’s.

Meet the richest of all …

As far as his personal fortunes goes, Buss is like a proprietor of a mom-and-pop store, as Laker people put it, in a league full of billionaires.

Of course, that’s some mom-and-pop store.

If the Knicks are valued higher (Forbes had them at $655 million to the Lakers’ $643 million last season), that’s about to end, even with Madison Square Garden prices now slated to bring in $2 million per game.

Next season, the Lakers start their 20-year, $3 billion deal with Time Warner, which will take them from their annual $30 million from Fox Sports West to $150 million.

On paper, that would put the Lakers, who now average a profit of $45-60 million, zooming past $150 million.

In fact, an informed source projects an even higher figure, in the $170 million range. (To put that in perspective, Forbes said the Knicks made a league-leading $64 million profit in 2009-10. The Lakers will more than double that.)

But, but, but Doo been sayin all year the Lakers were finished? Oh, he doesn't have the first @#$%&* clue what the @#$% he's talkin about? Imagine that. It ain't even Dwight or Paul, at some point LA WILL go and get somebody to move forward. 2013, 2014, whenever. Clowns callin us dead are sad @#$ nobody Spurs fans.

laugh.gif
I demand that Zo be allowed back on NT the day D12 and Chris Paul join Kobe. Always wanted to witness a public suicide.
pimp.gif
I bet there would be several that day, including Yuku.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom