☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by Tom Hanson

if nets get howard for lopez that right there is robbery....

the magic will be horrible to watch....

I still dont get how that "trade" is even considered. I hope Salty Dan writes a letter about that
Really?  I actually think that's a good trade for Orlando.  Brooke is the NEXT up and coming center and still has plenty of potential to be very good.  This deal sounds way better than Bynum's injury prone self to me.

Anyway, if Dwight goes to the Nets, I see CP3 being a Laker.  It's that simple. 

If Dwight and CP3 were to go to the Lakers, will any of you even bother watching the NBA anymore?  Honestly?  They might as well call it the NBLeakers for Lakers/Heat cause that's ALL we'd be seeing.  Christmas game, Thanksgiving, NBA Finals...hell probably even Martin Luther King day.

Originally Posted by dland24

A lot of you guys are clowning on Dan Gilbert, but dude has a point if what he is saying is accurate. Acquiring the best player in the deal and saving over $40 million dollars at the expense of a team owned by the league? I guess I am in the minority here when I say that I dont blame the owners getting pissed enough to get this trade vetoed.

Exactly. Deal goes through if the Hornets weren't owned by the league.

Originally Posted by JUS3

"Chris Paul is leaving New Orleans in 66 games. He’s gone. And what’s Dell Demps, and that franchise, going to have to show for it"
Exactly. **@! makes 0 sense.

CP3 is still going to want a sign and trade if he leaves through free agency

Originally Posted by OneTrust

if nets get howard for lopez that right there is robbery....

the magic will be horrible to watch....

I still dont get how that "trade" is even considered. I hope Salty Dan writes a letter about that
Really?  I actually think that's a good trade for Orlando.  Brooke is the NEXT up and coming center

indifferent.gif

ya'll really griping about FORTY MILLION DOLLARS? really? after the owners already ROBBED the players for a part of their BRI? REALLY?

Really?  I actually think that's a good trade for Orlando.  Brooke is the NEXT up and coming center

indifferent.gif
So you'd rather have an injury-prone andrew bynum?  Okay, if you say so.

indifferent.gif
Yes. Brooke Lopez averages 6 rebounds a game. 7 footer playing 35+ minutes... Bynum gets 10 rebs playing 28mpg, and playing next to Odom and Gasol.

Please, If bynum was a first option like Brooke, hed get 20ppg also. 

A lot of you guys are clowning on Dan Gilbert, but dude has a point if what he is saying is accurate. Acquiring the best player in the deal and saving over $40 million dollars at the expense of a team owned by the league? I guess I am in the minority here when I say that I dont blame the owners getting pissed enough to get this trade vetoed.

But at the same time, the Hornets made a pretty good trade. I dont know. I guess I am going back and forth on this trade.

How are the Lakers saving money? Don't they have to re-sign Paul? And as he implied, if they deal for Dwight, that's almost 65-70 mil for 3 guys. Save money???? Where?? Dan's and idiot, the Lakers probably end up in the luxury even heavier, he COST himself money.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

ya'll really griping about FORTY MILLION DOLLARS? really? after the owners already ROBBED the players for a part of their BRI? REALLY?
Not griping at all. Just stating why they vetoed it.

BTW, that BRI split was necessary to keep league up and running. The league was losing 250+ mil per season

Acquiring the best player in the deal and saving over $40 million dollars at the expense of a team owned by the league?

This is true, but the Hornets, overall, got the most talent, and probably the best package available for their player on the block.  Also, is it really fair for the owners to impose some sort of budget on a team they temporarily own but also compete with?  That's not a rhetorical question, I am asking peoples' opinion.  

This move was a good one for the Hornets, and their competitors got it vetoed.  Yes, they added some salary, but it was still a good move that was nixed by competing teams... eeeeh seems sketchy to me.  Not to mention the fact that the Lakers were involved was probably equally as big a reason why the owners were pissed as the financial stuff.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

indifferent.gif
Yes. Brooke Lopez averages 6 rebounds a game. 7 footer playing 35+ minutes... Bynum gets 10 rebs playing 28mpg, and playing next to Odom and Gasol.

Please, If bynum was a first option like Brooke, hed get 20ppg also. 
He's not a great rebounder yes, but I'd rather have a center I KNOW will actually play more than 30 games a season for me especially if I'm trading away my franchise center.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Exactly. Deal goes through if the Hornets weren't owned by the league.

Yep. But these dudes are going to be buying into the media drivel.

I mean c'mon.

Stern blocks CP3 to L.A, but not Gasol to L.A? Doesn't block James\Bosh\Wade.  Doesn't block all the stupid trades that have happened over the years.  But all of sudden this... Where one of the best if not the BEST market\franchise out there is involved. One of the true cash cows of the NBA. What does he gain? What does the NBA gain by doing this? Nothing. If you even use a hint of logic than you'd obviously see there's NOTHING to gain by doing what he did today.
However using logic it'd make a ridiculous amount of sense that the NBA owning the Hornets completely changed the landscape of how a trade could actually go down in this situation. And this has just suddently dawned on Stern and the NBA reps. And thus, they couldn't allow it to happen. Because it was too complicated with the team not having an independant owner. Unfortunately, he's going to take a massive PR hit for this, because it was handled poorly from the jump. Dell Demps should have NEVER had full clearance to make deals. Everything should have had to go to a vote of some capacity.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

it was handled poorly from the jump. Dell Demps should have NEVER had full clearance to make deals. Everything should have had to go to a vote of some capacity.

Bingo.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Not griping at all. Just stating why they vetoed it.

BTW, that BRI split was necessary to keep league up and running. The league was losing 250+ mil per season
wasn't pointing it at you. was referring to dan gilbert and other owners. 

The NBA owns the team. They need to find them a new owner and let them decide what they want to do about it.

Either way, I may be alone on this, but that trade isn't as great for New Orleans as it looks (in my opinion). They get 3 quality starters, but all have little upside.

Thank you my man. Thank you for actually being logical, and reading before speaking. Spoken like a true NTer.
..And to this "gangsta" dude....stop typing up 4 paragraphs up like you know me. All I see in your replies to me are "you're bitter cause lebron left", "you guys should've gotten Amare" "your a clown".

You paint your own pictures of me and than you criticize me...what is this? You bashing me for being a fan of my own team? 
laugh.gif
. Talking about certain moves my team made, like I was in charge making these decisions
roll.gif
...The nerve of some of you new NTers. Get a damn grip. I can support or deny any got-damn sports team, player or figure I want. 

Originally Posted by irie

first the cp3 trade vetoed and now dwight looking at new jersey ..... damn, the heat must be loving this
you god damn skippy. there isn't a team i hate more than the lakers. to see them get screwed brings me pure joy. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Everything should have had to go to a vote of some capacity.
I'd agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that the voters would be people who not only don't really care about the best interest of the Hornets but are actually competing with them (and the other teams that would be involved in any matters to be voted on). 

I just don't see how that can work.  Maybe I'm not getting something.  I'm a basketball fan, not a business expert.

Originally Posted by TheyHateMe

Now do you all see why Lebron left the way he did...That man Dan Gilbert is SCUM!

Why is Dan Gilbert a scum for only stating the obvious? What about the other "24 team-owners" that feel exactly the way he does? 
The hate in yall blood. 

Ya'll acting like he single-handily stopped the trade 
laugh.gif

RIP NBA 1949-2010.

Originally Posted by StroShow4

Acquiring the best player in the deal and saving over $40 million dollars at the expense of a team owned by the league?

This is true, but the Hornets, overall, got the most talent, and probably the best package available for their player on the block.  Also, is it really fair for the owners to impose some sort of budget on a team they temporarily own but also compete with?  That's not a rhetorical question, I am asking peoples' opinion.  

This move was a good one for the Hornets, and their competitors got it vetoed.  Yes, they added some salary, but it was still a good move that was nixed by competing teams... eeeeh seems sketchy to me.  Not to mention the fact that the Lakers were involved was probably equally as big a reason why the owners were pissed as the financial stuff.

the fact that theyre competing against new orleans is the biggest red flag here.

i get the argument that it makes the lakers better and its not fair because other small market teams were never even an option for cp3. i get that.  but gilbert and the other owners need to accept that their markets are not relevant.  and none of these players will sign there.  they need to accept and deal with that.

what's astounding to me though is that new orleans just had a deal that HELPS their franchise axed by several teams competing AGAINST them and no one is making a bigger deal about this.

Gilbert and the other small market owners just killed the new orleans franchise.  their team is dead.  Paul is leaving in 6 months and there's no two ways about that and now it looks like the team will get nothing for it.  they wont be able to sell for anything and their franchise will die.

and this was all brought about by jealous teams that are in direct competition with them.  david stern essentially said tonight, that the new orleans hornets do not have a right to go out and make the deal that best helps them compete for a championship.  he is (not indirectly but directly) influencing the outcome of a season.

Pandora's box is open.

Back
Top Bottom