☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

The NBA as a whole is a complete mess right now
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This is my personal theory about the "Dwight to Nets" allegations...Dwight knows the Magic don't want Brooke's bum %*% as compensation for him so he figures by saying he wants to play for the Nets, the league would be more accepting of CP3 going to the Lakers..Then once CP3 signs with the Lakers, he's gonna go to the Magic and be like actually, I'll play for either the Nets OR Lakers...Then the Magic will look at Bynum and look at Lopez and he knows most likely they'll take Bynum, so he'll just end up in LA with CP3. I'm probably reaching but I'm just trying to play devil's advocate

This.
Brooke plus 2 1st Rds? Thats it?

Bynum + ______ for Dwight + Hedo's contract >

Originally Posted by kash55

So this means Paul is allowed to be traded to the Los Angeles Clippers, but not the Los Angeles Lakers? The Cleveland Cavs, but not the Boston Celtics? The New Jersey Nets, but not the New York Knicks?
Pretty much. It means CP can't ever have a chance to survive. They're killin his career with this nonsense. Because lets be bluntly honest, what teams outside of Miami, NY, LAL, BOS, CHI, and OKC have any remote chance of getting a ring? And who other than LAL had a real chance of getting him where he wanted to be with a ring this season? 
CP needs to ditch these fools and go to LAL after this short +@!+%! season. 

The NBA has showed its ungracefulness the past 2 years now. Last summer Lebron went on a tyrant, showing how big of an attention %#@$% he could be, giving the NBA a bad rep. Now this season not only after coming out of a lockout, this sloppy situation happens? Not a good look. Not a good look at all. 

This + the uneven scale of talent in the NBA is why my father and the old heads don't watch the sport anymore. 

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

time to grow up odom.
life is tough...sounding like a teenager..
First time I agree with you.

i think it's justified. LO obviously feels a strong connection to the franchise since he would be happy retiring here. then to wake up and find that you're being traded and are not even getting a phone call letting you know, you have a right to express your anger.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

time to grow up odom.
life is tough...sounding like a teenager..

i think it's justified. LO obviously feels a strong connection to the franchise since he would be happy retiring here. then to wake up and find that you're being traded and are not even getting a phone call letting you know, you have a right to express your anger.
Did you see his Tweets? Claiming he got hacked but Pau wasn't
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This is my personal theory about the "Dwight to Nets" allegations...Dwight knows the Magic don't want Brooke's bum %*% as compensation for him so he figures by saying he wants to play for the Nets, the league would be more accepting of CP3 going to the Lakers..Then once CP3 signs with the Lakers, he's gonna go to the Magic and be like actually, I'll play for either the Nets OR Lakers...Then the Magic will look at Bynum and look at Lopez and he knows most likely they'll take Bynum, so he'll just end up in LA with CP3. I'm probably reaching but I'm just trying to play devil's advocate

This.
Brooke plus 2 1st Rds? Thats it?

Bynum + ______ for Dwight + Hedo's contract >

assuming the backlash eventually causes the CP3 trade to eventually go through..

that means the 2 best offers on the table will be:
1) bynum and draft picks
2) lopez and draft picks

now i know this will never happen because dwight wouldn't sign an extension in such a small market
.. but how isn't this a better deal for the magic?
(yes i brought this up after the thunder were eliminated from the playoffs last year)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8x5pta3

1) the magic get a young star/stud without the injury history of bynum and has a higher ceiling than lopez (westbrook.. plus westbrook is the youngest of the 3)

2) they get two competent starters who are on the books for reasonably cheap (thabo and perkins.. go look at what big men are making now IF you don't think perkins is cheap at under 8 mill per)

3) they get $10,238,872 in expiring contracts (nate, narz, royal ivey and vaden)

4) they get rid of turk's contract

5) i assume the thunder could/would be able to offer 2 1st round picks just like the lakers and nets

6) they then have a decent trade piece in jamar nelson

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Did you see his Tweets? Claiming he got hacked but Pau wasn't
laugh.gif

i did see them, and pau had no reaction other than the generic tweet Tellem told him to write. you can't expect that from all players
Odom didn't say anything that was over the top (see Mo Williams) so i don't see a problem with it. he claimed he got hacked because any little thing he says will be blown out of proportion

The question is, where does Stern draw the line? The good teams are the ones with assets, so if he is now traded to a different team does Stern step in again in the name of competitive balance? There is no precedence for such a decision, and so if Chris Paul is now not traded and loses out on tens of millions of dollars because he wants to sign with someone else, he'd have grounds for the biggest lawsuit ever levied against the league. On top of that, you've destroyed the Hornets who are left with nothing having not been able to make a trade. 
Little off topic, but Adrian Wojnarowski is that dude. And so is Daryl Morey. 

Originally Posted by franchise3

Rockets were giving up a lot no doubt, but with the trade they felt they had a great shot at getting Nene And retaining Chuck Hayes because of the cap room it would have cleared up (aftet amnestying Thabeet) Now, who knows.
If Nene was interested in winning, he wouldn't sign with the Rockets. Just like how Bosh said no last summer, the Rockets have a tough time actually signing a big FA. Cap space isn't a problem with the Rockets, Morey needs to realize "re-loading" ain't working anymore.

I am a Magic fan and I would break up with them if they got %$!!$*# Lopez out of everybody.

Side note: I like a few teams...the Bulls being one...if they get Jamal Crawford they are going to be sick!

I think people justifying the NBA's actions are missing the major problem with what the NBA has done here: the owners that vetoed this didn't act as they would have acted if they ACTUALLY owned the Hornets. This trade was almost certainly the best that the Hornets could have made out from this Chris Paul situation. So it was in fact a great trade for the Hornets, who should certainly be more concerned with their own haul than with where the trade puts the Lakers.

So the owners basically got to act as if they owned the Hornets, without actually acting in the best interests of the Hornets.

This is unacceptable.

This is a sham.

This is a crime.

I hate the trade for the Hornets, but Dell Demps has all the reason in the world to be furious. He didn't sign up for this. He's not a general manager; he's a puppet. He essentially has to have the approval of his 29 opponents to make a move, and that's suppose to be alright? They had a deal they felt good about, that everyone involved agreed to. Nobody forced him at gunpoint. This wasn't an unbalanced trade that was made to dump salary.

I would want to resign, too.

And of course Dan Gilbert was the one opposing general manager to go out of his way and attach his name to this. He doesn't care about the Cavs or competitive balance. He's just a rich opportunist who wants to be a celebrity.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

• Nako XL wrote:
i get the argument that it makes the lakers better and its not fair because other small market teams were never even an option for cp3. i get that.  but gilbert and the other owners need to accept that their markets are not relevant.  and none of these players will sign there.  they need to accept and deal with that.
#%%@ IT THAN. MAKE THIS A 5-TEAM LEAGUE, #%%@ IT.
Basketball works better like Euopean Soccer...Blackburn fans know every year there team ain't %@+$ and Chelsea/Man-U etc. have bigger markets and more relevancy.   NBA should work on the same market, the league was at its best in the 80's when the teams were there in big markets.  Just how these things work man.
What few people fail to realize is that during these "wonder years" of the 80's as given above, the small market teams were competing as they always have. Lets not forget that up until McHale single handedly brought the celtics back to relevance they were horrible for years, as were the knicks. Small market teams can and do compete, the spurs were the most successful nba team last decade.

so if this was about money why didnt the league let the lakers revise the offer?

and odom is a !!%+#
laugh.gif
pulling that mo williams act. next time quit tryna be a movie star and pot head and maybe you wouldnt be in this predicament with your old underachieving %%$

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

#%%@ IT THAN. MAKE THIS A 5-TEAM LEAGUE, #%%@ IT.
Basketball works better like Euopean Soccer...Blackburn fans know every year there team ain't %@+$ and Chelsea/Man-U etc. have bigger markets and more relevancy.   NBA should work on the same market, the league was at its best in the 80's when the teams were there in big markets.  Just how these things work man.
What few people fail to realize is that during these "wonder years" of the 80's as given above, the small market teams were competing as they always have. Lets not forget that up until McHale single handedly brought the celtics back to relevance they were horrible for years, as were the knicks. Small market teams can and do compete, the spurs were the most successful nba team last decade.

Lakers were.
00-09 was the decade, so you cant count the Spurs 99 title.
So spurs won in 03,05,07.

Lakers won 00,01,02.
Went back to finals in 04.
Went back to finals in 08.
Won 09, 10.

Played in the finals 7 out of 10 years, winning 5.
Lakers > Spurs as most successful team of last decade.

is there any type of legal action the lakers could take in a situation like this?

it's just complete bad business. i can't stand the heat, mavericks and a few other teams but if they were to make a trade only to have it cancelled for whatever reason i would think it's just as much unfair and a joke.

i've been reading that chris paul isn't going to report to hornets camp as well. i hope stern, gilbert and company get all the possible negative publicity they can.

What's crazy is they didn't even say what the Lakers can do to make the trade more "fair". They pretty much said "NO, there is no way you are getting Chris Paul or any other star for that matter".

Not just for the Lakers either, but this sets a precedent to all the big markets out there (NY, Chi, etc). Are big markets not allowed to make deals to compete anymore?

Only way the NBA can recover from this is to somehow let this deal go through. How stupid can the NBA executives be to think they could do this and not have severe backlash? They definitely didn't think this one through at all. The league image/reputation is at a very low point right now. And for this to happen right after a lock out? Big mistake.

from what i've been reading chris paul and lamar odom aren't reporting to camp tomorrow.

also chris paul is looking at pursuing legal action. im not legal expert by any means but i wonder if him or the lakers would have any type of argument.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

from what i've been reading chris paul and lamar odom aren't reporting to camp tomorrow.

also chris paul is looking at pursuing legal action. im not legal expert by any means but i wonder if him or the lakers would have any type of argument.

What reason does he have for not reporting? 

same thing im wondering, im assuming he's pissed off about how things went down, he should be in camp though.

if him and chris paul both don't report it kinda gives me the indication that the league is going to take a ton of heat and negative publicity over the weekend and i wouldn't be shocked if the deal ends up going down in the end.

Back
Top Bottom