♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Dope pics, repped.

No matter how much Nike tries lacing up these hip hop celebs on the AFI mids, I dont see them making a come back.
When have AF1 ever got out of style? Where do you live to say something like that?
AF1 Mids remind me of high school in 2003...Ecko Shirts, Rubber banded baggy jeans, AF1 Mids with the loose straps
sick.gif
mean.gif
THIS. I'm in Los Angeles, like it says under my username
laugh.gif

Around here Mids and lows were heavy in 03/04, then faded into just lows, then completely disappeared bc NIKE ran the model to the ground.

Hi's were never too big out here tho.

I can relate to this actually bruh. My calfs are built as hell for no reason due to thinking leg days were just as important as building arm muscles. In reality, my legs were big in the first place and I only proceeded to make them even bigger. :smh:

I don't want nor need huge lower legs son. I just want to be able to wear my slim fits without that $#*% being snug.

I'm the same way. Prolly from skateboarding half my life, I can't buy my actual waist size in 511's cuz you could see my leg muscles thru em. Lol. Gotta go like 1 or 2 sizes up in the waist for the rest of the pants to not hug. Just can't get down with the skin tight stuff.

Same here in the South East. Mids and lows were what everyone was wearing up until about '07-'08. Hi's were never really in. I see lows are making a lil comeback lately. I definitely still wear mine a few times a year. Could care less what others think are "in style"...

Last edited:
AF1 Mids remind me of high school in 2003...Ecko Shirts, Rubber banded baggy jeans, AF1 Mids with the loose straps :x :smh:

haha i knew you were from the bay before i even read your location just by what you posted. dont forget a beanie or fitted and a peacoat. :smokin

haha i knew you were from the bay before i even read your location just by what you posted. dont forget a beanie or fitted and a peacoat. :smokin

Yup :lol:

Funny thing is how so many wannabe cholos in the Bay/LA still dress like this in 2013. Where do they even get Ecko from? Haven't seen any store carry it (Besides that Cut&Sew or whatever it's called) or any Ecko store in general since 2006ish. Dudes must have stocked up :lol:

Last edited:
^ Dope pics, repped.

No matter how much Nike tries lacing up these hip hop celebs on the AFI mids, I dont see them making a come back.

I don't think Nike's giving them free pairs - if anything they must be buying them on their own accord. Nobody's wearing them so they get marked down quite often.

You could say that wearing White AF1 mid is unique compared to wearing the weekly Jordan retro.

Last edited:
AF1 Mids remind me of high school in 2003...Ecko Shirts, Rubber banded baggy jeans, AF1 Mids with the loose straps
Man I had some good times back then but looking at the fits now :x :smh:

i still kinda want the contrast stitching Mid force 1's from the early 2000's

^^^^ for real 8)

Her belly is sexy to me lol. Reminds me of bruce willis chick in pulp fiction when shes talking about a "pot"

Last edited:
AF1 Mids remind me of high school in 2003...Ecko Shirts, Rubber banded baggy jeans, AF1 Mids with the loose straps :x :smh:

Well, that's just because you were in high school in 2003 - it's not the fault of the AF1 that you were in high school when all that wackness was popping.

AF1 mids debuted in '94, and we rocked them too - with Steep Techs, Stadium graphic tees, Hilfiger sailing and Outdoors, and all that stuff. It wasn't the AF1 that failed to stand the test of time, it was your whole era. ...No shots at you, personally, just that's the way it is. Not your fault or anything. And, make no mistake, the mid is indeed the worst cut of the AF1... there are still more classic AF1 mids than there will ever be Foamposites though, so think about that for a second to put things in perspective.

See men of a certain age, we don't look back at pictures of ourselves at 14 and cringe in embarrassment at what we wore. The stuff I wore in my youth is still among the foundational elements of the fashion of this culture to this day - AF1s included.

Hip hop and its associated fashions have been basically trolling the masses since like '98 - it just took different people or different ages more or less time to realize it. ...A buncha dudes STILL haven't figured it out.

Last edited:
Why didn't Ace Hood just let the bezel sit there until after the interview, smh he did not play it off well at all. Then dude tried to screw it back on :lol:

Well, that's just because you were in high school in 2003 - it's not the fault of the AF1 that you were in high school when all that wackness was popping.

AF1 mids debuted in '94, and we rocked them too - with Steep Techs, Stadium graphic tees, Hilfiger sailing and Outdoors, and all that stuff. It wasn't the AF1 that failed to stand the test of time, it was your whole era. ...No shots at you, personally, just that's the way it is. Not your fault or anything. And, make no mistake, the mid is indeed the worst cut of the AF1... there are still more classic AF1 mids than there will ever be Foamposites though, so think about that for a second to put things in perspective.

See men of a certain age, we don't look back at pictures of ourselves at 14 and cringe in embarrassment at what we wore. The stuff I wore in my youth is still among the foundational elements of the fashion of this culture to this day - AF1s included.

Hip hop and its associated fashions have been basically trolling the masses since like '98 - it just took different people or different ages more or less time to realize it. ...A buncha dudes STILL haven't figured it out.

Well said... Very good representation of your age range..... But I'm sure you won't disagree that it sounds a little "get off my lawn" old head talk. No disrespect haha. The older you get, the more of a right you have to comment on things like this because you've seen things come and go. A few years back was my first time seeing a trend recycle with the neon of the 80s.

I graduated in 2002 and please believe that I dont cringe when i look back at my teenage years of rocking baggy silvertabs, girbaud, mecca,hilfiger, nautica, etc....it was dope at the time and I enjoyed my youth to the fullest... Way better than to be growing up now and rocking skinny jean leggings and t skirts IMO

Although I have abandoned af1 mids for the most part, my suede valentines and cool grey mids get brought out about once a year and I could care less what others think.

In what way is it better? They're two extremes in terms of style. It's just that since you grew up falling into one and have fond memories of it, you'd obviously prefer it to one that you've never experienced and looked at from the outside in. They look equally ridiculous. Pants that fit like Chris Brown's Playoff XIII outfit are what I'd consider that middle ground. But that could be biased since that's pretty much how I wear mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom