♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
the old baggy pants vs skinny pants debate 

the baggy pants era rained supreme from early to mid 90's, to full force 2000's to all types of ******* circa 2005, to tapering off each year after, to slowly getting tighter and tighter. In Urban/Hip Hop culture this is

So only time will tell which one will be around for longer, they certainly aren't going any where yet. 

I will say this though, one thing for sure is that baggy jeans will always be a symbol of Hip Hop/Urban Culture and to a certain degree youth defiance 

Skinny jeans well they will always be a symbol of? Main stream fashion? Not quite sure what category they go in, but skinny jeans will never be a symbol of Hip Hop Urban culture because that's not the demographic that made them popular, merely a culture that has adopted it from many other cultures around the world

Hip Hop and fashion stemming from America was the trend setter for kids all around the world that wanted to be apart of the sub culture, but now its taking on trends AFTER the rest of the world has done them

If there was a poll on the golden era of hip hop over say 5 years I wonder how many peoples golden era would be during the era of skinny jeans. I'll leave yo *** with that thought! ha

P.S I don't wear baggy or skinny jeans just merely an observer of the decline of hip hop culture & fashon 
nerd.gif

the old baggy pants vs skinny pants debate 

the baggy pants era rained supreme from early to mid 90's, to full force 2000's to all types of ******* circa 2005, to tapering off each year after, to slowly getting tighter and tighter. In Urban/Hip Hop culture this is

So only time will tell which one will be around for longer, they certainly aren't going any where yet. 

I will say this though, one thing for sure is that baggy jeans will always be a symbol of Hip Hop/Urban Culture and to a certain degree youth defiance 

Skinny jeans well they will always be a symbol of? Main stream fashion? Not quite sure what category they go in, but skinny jeans will never be a symbol of Hip Hop Urban culture because that's not the demographic that made them popular, merely a culture that has adopted it from many other cultures around the world

Hip Hop and fashion stemming from America was the trend setter for kids all around the world that wanted to be apart of the sub culture, but now its taking on trends AFTER the rest of the world has done them

If there was a poll on the golden era of hip hop over say 5 years I wonder how many peoples golden era would be during the era of skinny jeans. I'll leave yo *** with that thought! ha

P.S I don't wear baggy or skinny jeans just merely an observer of the decline of hip hop culture & fashon 
nerd.gif

Hit the nail on the head.

lol nobody wears skin tight jeans in 2013

slim straights like what chris brown has on in that bet awards red carpet picture is what is going to stay around, obviously varying if you are a bigger fellow

they've ruined foamposites with these prints . . . the last good pair was probably the all black, phoenix, or all red joints, whichever ones came out most recently

Last edited:
Well said... Very good representation of your age range..... But I'm sure you won't disagree that it sounds a little "get off my lawn" old head talk. No disrespect haha. The older you get, the more of a right you have to comment on things like this because you've seen things come and go. A few years back was my first time seeing a trend recycle with the neon of the 80s.

I graduated in 2002 and please believe that I dont cringe when i look back at my teenage years of rocking baggy silvertabs, girbaud, mecca,hilfiger, nautica, etc....it was dope at the time and I enjoyed my youth to the fullest... Way better than to be growing up now and rocking skinny jean leggings and t skirts IMO

Although I have abandoned af1 mids for the most part, my suede valentines and cool grey mids get brought out about once a year and I could care less what others think.
This.

To express dislike the fact that some random kids put two music labels that weren't really on good terms with one another on a T-shirt next to each other I assume. It does admittedly look lame as hell. I bet it sold out though, and Tumblr teenyboppers ate it right up.

Last edited:
To express dislike the fact that some random kids put two music labels that weren't really on good terms with one another on a T-shirt next to each other I assume. It does admittedly look lame as hell. I bet it sold out though, and Tumblr teenyboppers ate it right up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that, and this thread seems to be where questionable fashion choices are posted when they've been made. bet you see some rapper in it next, im taking bets its someone in asap.

I honestly don't understand why ASAP rocky is deemed fashionable. He's a beast that wears girl clothes

A beast? Like hypebeast? Nope. He's been into high-end fashion as far back as the internet can trace him. There's pictures of son Gucci'd, Moncler'd out from back in like 2008 when he was rocking a perm. I don't even know if that wear girls clothes part was supposed to be serious, so I won't respond to that.

He's fashionable in a European sense. Obviously most of us aren't dressing like this, so it looks a bit odd to us. Don't be that ignorant dude who bashes $#*+ because it's different though man, that's not a good look.

That's what I'm currently in. They changed 511 to slim so that's what I cop. I just wish my legs were skinnier. I have running back legs smh. So everything looks tighter. Some dudes can even wear skinny jeans and they look slim instead of skinny.
For people with bigger legs, I suggest the Levis 508. I have monster calfs and the 508s fit perfectly. Not too skinny and not too baggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom