♚ Sacramento Kings ♚ Off-Season Thread

I hope the Cavs get out 1st rounder this year!!
laugh.gif

If Brandon Roy were to get amnesty'd, would you guys want to pick him up? How would he fit?

No. Highest bid I would throw in is 25% and no higher.

I was thinking though, if Dalembert decides he wants to go to Miami and needs a S+T, would you guys want Mike Miller
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Of course our SFs would be a mess but still....

Roy is nice, but Tyreke is nicer. 
grin.gif
I doubt Paul Allen will okay letting Roy go so soon. The last GM got fired for wanting to trade Roy last year.
laugh.gif

Mike Miller tends to play well on bad teams. He will do fine on the Kings. But honestly, he is the type that would rather come off the bench and the Kings got enough perennial back-up SFs.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by notaclevaname

I thought our pick was top 10 protected?

Naw its lottery protected, so unless we make the playoffs they aren't getting the pick
laugh.gif
so I hope they get our pick
wink.gif
meaning I hope we make the playoffs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Nay to Mike Miller. I'd rather try to sign Shane Battier, can knock down the open 3 and defends well.

Battier is looking for a contended
30t6p3b.gif
He isn't gonna even consider Sacto
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Mike Miller tends to play well on bad teams. He will do fine on the Kings. But honestly, he is the type that would rather come off the bench and the Kings got enough perennial back-up SFs.
tired.gif

I concur with all this

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Plan on hitting quite a few home games.

Need to find me a Kings jersey to wear every game lol.

Reke Havoc time!

Any of ya'll got the hookup on tickets.... O_O
Aw yeah we got a new Kings fan on board
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I too will be hitting up quite a few games this year.

Marcos Breton: City parking funds could bring $200 million to arena fund, sources say
By Marcos Breton

Published: Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2011 - 12:00 am | Page 1B
Last Modified: Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2011 - 8:28 am

According to multiple sources familiar with the details, the city of Sacramento may be able to tap as much as $200 million, or slightly more, in parking revenue to fund a downtown arena to house the Kings.

The figure, confirmed Tuesday by sources requesting anonymity because studies are not yet public, offers a first glimpse of a financial analysis scheduled to be aired at a City Council meeting on Dec. 13.

After years of failed funding attempts, the possibility of selling or leasing parking revenue to private vendors for a substantial price could be the last hope of building an arena, keeping the Kings in Sacramento and boosting downtown in the process.

Publicly, the price tag of a new arena has been set at $387 million, but it could go higher. Doesn't it always?

A Sacramento arena deal would require significant financial contributions from a private developer, and the city is negotiating with Los Angeles-based AEG.

It also remains unknown how much the NBA or the Kings would contribute to the project.

There are legal and political issues also to be resolved, such the question of whether Sacramento could use revenue from street meters to fund an arena.

The meters make up about a quarter of the $200 million or more that might be generated from parking revenue. Is it legal to use that money for private use?

In addition, Sacramento's parking assets were funded with tax-exempt bonds that would have to be paid back to the tune of about $50 million.

Sacramento's general fund gets about $10 million a year from parking revenue, money that would have to be replaced somehow for a cash-strapped city in need of each and every dime it collects.

All of these issues present political challenges to a Sacramento City Council forced to go it alone because, despite the veneer of regionalism in the effort to build an arena, no other city or county has skin in the game. This is true despite the fact the region would benefit from a new arena.

Regionalism is an empty word around here.

So Sacramento is not only looking to raise money with parking funds, but it may sell public lands and lease signs and cellular towers, among other ideas, to finance an arena.

This underscores why some cities pass sales tax increases to build arenas or stadiums. A sales tax is a reliable, sustainable revenue stream, but you can't even have that discussion in anti-tax Sacramento.

Regardless, it will be interesting if the NBA adopts its usual mercenary posture, given how a financially struggling city is straining to make this deal happen.

If it doesn't happen, it won't be because of Sacramento. It will be because the NBA and the Kings bolted for a more favorable deal.

we need a big man... i honestly wouldnt be upset if we reupped sammy at 8mil per if we swing and miss on gasol and nene (which is highly likely)

What if the Kings went after Andrei Kirilenko?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

IDK, I feel like Sammy doesn't really add much
laugh.gif

Yes his D is appreciated but on offense he stinks and I doubt he is much a of veteran presence around our young guys
ohwell.gif

I got you.

Cisco for Budinger+Thabeet
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Im just messing.

Idk how the hell we are gonna give out 17 mil to meet the minimum cap
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

I'm trying to get my girl to get me the new alternate jersey of Jimmer when it comes out
pimp.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Wait.... are we really trying to move Demarcus to PF full time???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Just let Tyreke drive and Jimmer shoot all day. DMC will develop hopefully. They need a legitimate center though or they won't get to the playoffs. That's how you win in the West (Wilt, Kareem, Robinson, Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem etc.). Sac would eat for the next 3 seasons with Chandler, maybe even Oden.

Also, Isaiah Thomas has to come off the bench and be a go to 6 man. He needs to be a lockdown defender, and to average at least 3 assists.

Back
Top Bottom