∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
It's basically motivated me to rewatch S1 again and just appreciate it.

True Detective, like Stranger Things should've been a one and done. No subsequent season came close. I get you gotta cash in but damn what a let down. Last final episodes must be epic based on all the reviews and optimism surrounding this season.

I might be wrong for saying this but could it be possible we're all putting season 1 on a too high pedestal? Yes it was great, but was it the best thing ever through and through? I remember the great dialogues from McConaughey but also remember there being boring and empty scenes where nothing interesting happened and a couple episodes being filler. And the ending was sort of a letdown

Last edited:
i still enjoyed all the seasons of true detective and enjoying this one as well.

i don’t compare every scene to szn 1 though. sounds miserable and exhausting.

Miserable and exhausting? Lol. Definitely ain't that serious. :lol:

I don't think they smashed

I think one of them murdered that domestic violence dude in the flashback. The one they said killed his girlfriend in a murder suicide. They both covered it up. And had a falling out over it.
My assumption was that Navarro killed him and Danvers helped cover it up, which is why she’s pissed at her.

Would also explain why Danvers calls Navarro out on her obsession with domestic violence.

My assumption was that Navarro killed him and Danvers helped cover it up, which is why she’s pissed at her.

Would also explain why Danvers calls Navarro out on her obsession with domestic violence.
why would she be mad at danvers helping cover it up? trying to follow

initially i thought danvers killed ole boy cause he turned and specifically looked at her and was whistling the “twist and shout” song at her. i watch this show in closed captions and it actually helps catch some clues or background noises that are hard to hear.

but not sure why she had her transferred…

why would she be mad at danvers helping cover it up? trying to follow

initially i thought danvers killed ole boy cause he turned and specifically looked at her and was whistling the “twist and shout” song at her. i watch this show in closed captions and it actually helps catch some clues or background noises that are hard to hear.

but not sure why she had her transferred…
Sorry I worded that poorly.

I mean that Danvers is mad at Navarro because of it.

i still enjoyed all the seasons of true detective and enjoying this one as well.

i don’t compare every scene to szn 1 though. sounds miserable and exhausting.
You enjoyed season 2? Thats the only season i thought was terrible. Three got us back on target. This season has been good IMO.

ok....I think I know who the killer is...could be a reach but lines up with what Issa Lopez said...

"It's Navarro...she has schizophrenia so it could be another side of her and when they say "she's awake" it's a multiple personality disorder type deal...just my hunch

FFS... some of the imagery in this episode... 😱😱😣😣

But as much of an asshat Hank is... a teeny-tiny part of me felt for him in this episode. Poor guy's joy at seeing the lady... then realizing that she was the flight attendant... obvs having NO clue what Alina looked like. The rose petals on his camo comforter... 😅

Quavvik... he def recognized the spiral stone. And I guess we're meant to think that he took it. 🤔

RIP Navarro sis... that's rough. But with Navarro's ear bleeding, are we meant to think that it was the screaming apparition that caused it, while it could have been cuz of the beating she took the night before? Either way, I guess this is her family's history of mental issues catching up to her as well.

Danvers' relationship with the entire town. 😂😂😂

With only 2 episodes left, I have no idea how they're gonna fit, what seems like, a LOT of story into it. 😬

ok....I think I know who the killer is...could be a reach but lines up with what Issa Lopez said...

"It's Navarro...she has schizophrenia so it could be another side of her and when they say "she's awake" it's a multiple personality disorder type deal...just my hunch
would be a huge stretch

I’ll pass judgement when it’s all said and done. I’m enjoying it thus far

there’s def a lot of angles to look at it from. so many possibilities which is why people are having a hard time believing it ends in 2 episodes.
it will be hard for them to really have it all pay off with the different things we’ve seen but i’ve enjoyed it so far.

there’s def a lot of angles to look at it from. so many possibilities which is why people are having a hard time believing it ends in 2 episodes.
it will be hard for them to really have it all pay off with the different things we’ve seen but i’ve enjoyed it so far.
Pretty much my stance. I don’t think it’s the greatest show ever, but I have enjoyed.

Definitely worried about them only having 2 more episodes to tie things up.

Back
Top Bottom