∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I really enjoyed the season but I can understand why others didn't. I know this might seem silly but my biggest complaint was that there were just too many characters and too many names. Once I figured out the names of the minor characters, I really enjoyed the season. When the main characters started rattling off names it was difficult to follow at times.
That's how I see it too man

I try to tell my friend even minor criticisms, after telling him I enjoyed the season and he gets so offended 
laugh.gif
 on some "you have to let go of season 1" ish 
eyes.gif

My gripes aren't that it's too complicated, it's more the presentation of it all and the character lack of chemistry and weird dialogue 

Last edited:
DEAD
roll.gif

These plot lines aren't that difficult to understand IMO. It's just the way the info is presented. They don't use music or any other mechanisms to accentuate important details. You really have to pay attention.

It's very different than conventional TV. If you're not paying attention for one segment you're gonna be lost.

Re watching the first three episodes last night, everything is clear. On the movie set scene, the orphan boy is there and he's the only one on the set who's ever seen Caspere out of all the people they questioned.

And the orphan sister is seen walking up the set, passing the orphan brother, to talk to the detectives.

The details are there. All the plot lines that seem "confusing" and out of nowhere in order to fill holes, have been planted early on in the season.

That's why I was saying it requires "extra" work. Just because you need to go back to comprehend things, doesn't mean it's bad writing. Nor does it mean you're stupid
laugh.gif
it just means that this is how the show it. This is how it always has been.

I think yall glorify season 1 to the extent where you forget that a lot of the characters and plot lines were complicated and did require extra work. But once season 2 came around, you automatically put season 1 on a pedestal.

When they say, "the killer came out of nowhere and was random". No it wasn't
laugh.gif
the killer was first appeared in episode 3 and then again at the end. JUST like season 1.
K.

Someone please post the "K" meme/gif :lol: haven't seen it in a minute.

"K" and "Fat P" we're by far the best things this season

I loved Lera Lynns work on the soundtrack this season.. but when she was STILL in that same bar singing all by herself.. I was dyin'
They even cut to her walking out the bar after she was finished. So random to me 
laugh.gif

Metaphor for the season closing out? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
I could imagine stuff like that is what Fukunaga and Pizzaman argude about

Cary saying noticing how stupid it is, and Nic screaming about his vision

Last edited:
pretty much how i felt about this season. ep 6 and 7 had a decent build up. but the last episode :smh:

View media item 1667787

will still probably watch a season 3 if there is one. but won't be as hyped as i was for season 2.

TBH tho I wasn't into it heavy like that. it couldn't keep my attention like season 1 did. so I'm not surprised I got it twisted. It just started too slow for me. Couldn't keep me interested. That shootout is what brought me back in otherwise I was done.

Last edited:
I guess, if S3 does happen, will expectations be lower than what it was for S2?   Depends on the cast and director obviously, but I guess it can't be a bad thing. 

She was feeding them info the whole time.

**** that cop smh

I don't think so, she was too loyal to Frank and in love with Ray. Besides, she didn't know where Frank was going so she couldn't tip off the Mexicans, and if she was really going to be grimey she would have never let Ani make it to the boat. They would keep her leverage just in case Ray got away.

So that's Ray's kid too Bezi was carrying? Damb :smh:

Ray don't miss man, :lol:. One night they smash and shorty prego? He was balls deep in that wet wet.

I'm just glad Bezzi got out alive (hopefully)...I thought something was going to happen to her on the boat

As pissed as I was at the cast getting killed, I knew they couldn't kill her.

He just told dude he killed his dad. Caspere was Bird mask's father too

Think that is what set him off

Hearing that Caspere was banging his moms, got her prego, and was the father of his sister was what set him off. Not that he needed an excuse, he was planning on killing Holloway anyway.

Yep I'm 99.99% positive both of them are Casperes kids.

Only Lauren, according to Holloway.

How did he become mayor? I know the city is corrupt, but I didn't know nepotism extended into high political positions. Or does Vinci operate under different rules? I just don't see how he could just be appointed mayor, is there no deputy Mayor? The kid is a druggy punk.

Bodie getting got and how Randy got did in season 4 the only real comparison

That and Omar being taken out by Kinard. It should have been by Chris or Bro Mouzone in a real all out battle. :smh:

Did not enjoy that finale. They made the killer just a random *** dude. Not everything is perfect in an imperfect world yes, I'm aware. It just felt like everything was rushed all the while they opened way too many subplots throughout the season and tried to tie them together, in a bad way. I enjoyed some parts of the season but the finale wasn't my cup of tea.

Blame it on the 8 eps. I'm not sure why seasons are being shortened like this. I get season 1 only being 8 because it is new. I would think with the success of season 1 they would increase it to 10 at least.

Going to see his kid though? Granted I'm not a parent, so please excuse my ignorance.. but he already said bye to the damn kid. Made peace with the situation, then after killing 10 guys and needing to get the hell out of dodge.. he goes to the damn kids school to get a Sergeant Slaughter salute? Cmon man. It was just dumb to me, obviously they gotta have a reason to off him and set up the end but that was just lazy.

They just kept bringing in new characters every episode and expected us to know who everyone was. The more I think about it the more I thought this season was so rushed due to the success of the first season, Pizzolato should of just taken his time to make this a better story than what came across. I will say Vaughn definitely killed tonights episode, it was just too little too late. When his wife told him he's a ****** actor, I laughed to myself because he's been so bad this season. This is one finale that could of been wrapped up in less time than was actually givin', but I guess they needed it to tie up the 20 things they tried to cover.

View media item 1666046

I'm a parent and I didn't understand why he went either. It just wasn't necessary especially after what they just did, and the fact that I am a fugitive. I would assume all spots are being watched, from lil mans school, to ex wife's house etc. Dude driving around with millions in the trunk, wanted, and still acting like it's all good.

Once I made it out to Venezuela, I would be able to do all that stuff with my son from a safe distance. Sending him and the moms money, facetiming or skyping with him within reason. That just wasnt necessary.

maaaaaaannn. I wanted to like this season, but just couldn't. the best part of the season for me was seeing Vince Vaughn's hot redheaded wife :evil:

She is nice can't deny............................For you power fans, she looks like Holly in 20 yrs.

Mayor's son really needed the father dead? I kind of missed that aspect of it

Or am I missing on who really killed the Mayor or who had him killed?

Not sure why this happened either. I also need someone to explain why he gets to be Mayor. Is it like the royal crown that is always passed down? Dad dies, so the son gets the crown next?

I thought there was a tracker on Rays car. So even if he didn't stop and see his kid he was still gonna get got. Now why he drove all the way into the woods is beyond me.

I do think it was a plot hole...oh how do we kill ray and frank...hmmm...lets just slap a tracker on rays car and have the cops get him....then lets just say the mexican drug cartel will some how find frank and kill him for no reason.

I am assuming they killed him because they were working with Chessani's son. But while watching it i was like wait...he gave them the clubs to run the drugs through....why are they mad. the clubs burned down...he is giving you a million cash...seems fair. Oh now he is dead...ok...well...

I think the tracker was placed on Ray's car after he stopped at his son's school. If it was there prior too, they would have had him from the time he and Frank were shooting up the cabin. As for Frank, I don't know how Chessani's son plays in it, but they went after him because the clubs got burned down. Seems like the guys Frank got the weapons from dimed him out to the cartel. If Frank didn't mouth off, he would have been left in desert alive. He would have died eventually I'm sure, but I think once they got the million bucks they were done with him.

The tracker was put on while he was seeing his son.
The Mexicans killed frank because he burned the clubs that they were gonna use. Plus at the end you see the two Mexicans taking pics with tony chessani and all of them.

I know right, just saw the red hair and assumed he raped her lol

They did that on purpose to get us speculating. Nobody would ever believe that kid was Ray's. Without seeing the mother's side of the family it was safe to assume the kid wasn't his. He was the antithesis of Ray.

I guess, if S3 does happen, will expectations be lower than what it was for S2?   Depends on the cast and director obviously, but I guess it can't be a bad thing. 

They need to increase the episodes, at least by two.

Last edited:
I only just noticed the cartel dudes in the cut at Chessani Jr's inaguration :rofl: :wow:

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the season but I can understand why others didn't. I know this might seem silly but my biggest complaint was that there were just too many characters and too many names. Once I figured out the names of the minor characters, I really enjoyed the season. When the main characters started rattling off names it was difficult to follow at times.
Don't think this is silly at all. This was a MAJOR issue, in my opinion. I have zero problem with the siblings only having one scene early in the season and then being proven the killers in the finale, just like Season 1. However, they also decided to go this same route with several other characters and plot lines and it was just too much...

I'm still tight that we didn't get a Rachel McAdams nude scene 
mad.gif

I have a strong feeling that she's got some cute moles around them aerolas 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Whoever said the thing about Ray all of a sudden figuring out the set photographer was one of the orphans and related to Casper's assistant 
roll.gif

I'm rewatching and Ray just comes up with that out of thin air, randomly 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

"They're the same age and they even look alike"

Whoever said the thing about Ray all of a sudden figuring out the set photographer was one of the orphans and related to Casper's assistant :rofl:

I'm rewatching and Ray just comes up with that out of thin air, randomly :lol: :x

"They're the same age and they even look alike"
This was so ridiculous to me..

Don't think this is silly at all. This was a MAJOR issue, in my opinion. I have zero problem with the siblings only having one scene early in the season and then being proven the killers in the finale, just like Season 1. However, they also decided to go this same route with several other characters and plot lines and it was just too much...
After all that was figured on the last episode, was bezziridez's dad play that big of a role and pitlor as well, I feel like neither of those characters were even needed for the plot. Could've done without them and woodrough.

Back
Top Bottom