∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Whoever said the thing about Ray all of a sudden figuring out the set photographer was one of the orphans and related to Casper's assistant :rofl:

I'm rewatching and Ray just comes up with that out of thin air, randomly :lol: :x

"They're the same age and they even look alike"
True Detective'n at its finest :pimp:

Last edited:
I think the popular opinion is that Ray drove up north towards the woods to make sure he got everyone away from where Ani would be leaving from, to somewhat ensure her safety...

I also still don't really believe in the bartender setting up Frank...I feel like people are reaching on that one...
TTTTTTHIIIIISSSSSS.

Fact of the matter is, every single person that they slepped on turned out to be the true threat. The mayors son, the mexican dudes, Lieutenant Burris, Holloway etc.

Last edited:
Nic is contracted for 3 seasons with HBO, and HBO is open to the idea if Nic wants to write again.

Nic always said he sees TD ending in 3 anyway.

This is what Nic said on future iterations of TD (*before S2 happened):

Pizzolatto told reporters during a recent Television Critics Association that the series could include an ever-changing storyline and cast, similar to “American Horror Story.” ”There could be a season that’s much more of a widespread conspiracy thriller, a season that’s a small town murder mystery, a season where nobody is murdered and it’s a master criminal versus a rogue detective or something,” he said. ”Even the title, ‘True Detective,’ is meant to be, of course, purposefully somewhat generic. The word ‘true’ can also mean honorable and authentic and things like that. So as long as there is some crime in there, I think the series format can approach it.”

and yeah, that scene where Ani and Ray just had that deep convo, such a bad transition to Ray magically figuring out the set photographer clue out of thin air. :smh: :x :lol:

Last edited:
Season definitely missed Fukunaga. After letting season 2 digest a bit it's pretty clear how the over the top dialogue made it to the air. Fukunaga was probably the guy keeping Nic reigned in 

When Frank visit's the mayor's house and is talking to the woman who thinks the mayor committed suicide, Frank asks "are you f'ing dense?" 
laugh.gif
 so out of element

Frank's wife's expressions during the train scene, specifically in her face were cringe. Their chemistry all year was subpar and I don't think that was on purpose 

Last edited:
fukanaga directed the finale.

imdb says John Crowley.

Plus Nic and Cary aren't on the best terms. :lol:

you guys aware that the opening song changes every episode? 

read about the lyric changes on reddit, it's the last lyric of the never mind song.

Episode 1 ended on:

"The war was lost, the treaty signed I was not caught, I crossed the line I was not caught, though many tried I live among you, well disguised"

Episode 2 ended on:

"Never mind, never mind I live the life, I left behind There's truth that lives, and truth that dies I don't know which, so never mind"

so it looks like they edit a lyric in or out based on the episode's theme. Nice subtle detail.

Last edited:
I thought they were gonna address what happened to Paul and his team during the war... considering that they mentioned it a few times... 

Nice of those cops at the station to just unload on both the guy stabbing AND the guy being stabbed

i know dirty cop was a bad guy in the show so we don't care that he got shot, but cmon

Last edited:
Whoever said the thing about Ray all of a sudden figuring out the set photographer was one of the orphans and related to Casper's assistant :rofl:

I'm rewatching and Ray just comes up with that out of thin air, randomly :lol: :x

"They're the same age and they even look alike"

Yeah i mentioned it and so did some one else that i quoted.

Like they wrote themselves into a hole and were like how do we connect the plot.....eh eff it just make ray draw the conclusion out of thin air and they will run with it like it is hard evidence and completely true no chance of them being wrong.

I agree that true detective is deeper then most shoes and does require some work. I didn't have a big picture perspective until i read up on how everyone was intertwined. But there were too many scooby doo moments where i was like ehhhh what?

It is true though that at the end of everything you could have cut woodrow out. His storyline was worthless. Didn't even try to make us feel bad by showing his wife and baby when he got killed. I honestly didn't care at all about him dying

If HBO was smart, it would let NT write, cast, produce and direct a Season 3.
Globes- win 20 out of 17
Emmys- win 20 out of 17

Oscars are for movies but it would win all of those too. HBO is tripping

If HBO was smart, it would let NT write, cast, produce and direct a Season 3.
Globes- win 20 out of 17
Emmys- win 20 out of 17

Oscars are for movies but it would win all of those too. HBO is tripping

I would have said this last year when NT picked apart season 1 when it was met with universal acclaim because that's what NT does but to be fair A LOT of people hated this season

I still watched it weekly because there were interesting threads to follow and the visuals were pretty good, but man this story was not made for a 8 episode arc.

Almost done rewatchinf Season 2.

I want to rewatch Season 1 after this but that joint scary B. And I live by myself :frown:

Back
Top Bottom