∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Wait... what?! 
eek.gif

Season 1 was Nic Pizzolatto and Cary Fukunaga

S2 was just Nic Pizzolatto :x :smh: :lol:

Look's like The GOAT David Milch got in Pizzolatto ear about doing another Season and is helping / co writing :pimp:

Show needs fukunaga..I liked 2 a lot but it wasn't even close to season 1

Mahershala Ali is that dude :pimp: :pimp:

Didn't mess with season 2 like that but I'd be excited for a season 3 with dude

Last edited:
I'm an Ali fan but I was and am also a fan of McAdams and Farrell.

These actors are good but not great enough to make a True Detective season good on their own without stellar storytelling.

Will be cool to see what kind of detective Ali plays though.

Last edited:
S2 just had too many storylines

or not enough compelling ones
:lol: Either/or

I can't think of one that was exceptionally good but at least 2 had potential to be better than they were.

I know if we took out gay soldier with the hot Latina wife and McAdams w/e they were going for Vaughn's and Farrell's storylines don't just suddenly become better even with more stuff added.

The entire season just lacked a similar cohesiveness. They were in a corrupt town, a criminal had one cop in his pocket and his empire was crumbling, you got this killer that was not built up at all, throw in a shootout and random kills. Shot was very underwhelming.

My body has no feelings at the moment but hopefully as the cast and potential plot line is revealed, my body will begin to get ready.

Back
Top Bottom